PETP!!.....

PDA

Dave McCracken
March 24, 2006, 04:24 PM
Come join the newest advocacy group in the US.

We are PETP(Pronounced Pet Pee). That's People for the Ethical Treatment of Pumpguns.

We have vowed to rescue all those poor, innocent pumpguns left languishing in pawn and gun shops, or just relegated to the back of a closet, neglected, abused and ignored.

This inhuman treatmant has to stop.

If you know or have a pumpgun that needs loving care and exercise in the clean fresh air of a range, salt marsh or upland area to blossom, send it to a PETP member.

Thanks, and no animals were killed in the posting of this thread, darn it....

If you enjoyed reading about "PETP!!....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sm
March 24, 2006, 04:40 PM
:D

PETP yep I'm one
No imitations for me
Old Wood and blue

Old equal orgasms
Third world replica be new
No worky-no parts- spasms

El Barto
March 24, 2006, 04:41 PM
I would be honored to be a charter member...as long as my Norinco 22 is acceptable.

Chipperman
March 24, 2006, 05:42 PM
Alas, I have only one pump shotgun.

I'd be willing to adopt any others in need of good homes, though. :D

MCgunner
March 24, 2006, 06:40 PM
But, they have no panache. Hollywood elites shoot sporting clays with high dollar over and unders. The English stick to their side by sides, sidelock preferable, look down they're nose at a lowly box lock. Prolly Spanish built crap. At best, you'll find a lesser paid cast member at a Hollywood shoot.with an autoloader, preferably Italian. Nobody buys pump guns but REDNECKS! They sell 'em at WAL MART fer gosh sake! You can't even own one if you don't drive a pick up that's at least 15 years old an' you got all yer teeth and you didn't have wheels to take off your house when you moved in!

But, I sorta like mine. :D

Oldnamvet
March 24, 2006, 06:46 PM
Even my deer rifle is a pumpgun!:D

Fred Fuller
March 24, 2006, 07:57 PM
What I want to know is, when will PETP be offering a 12-step program? Or do we have to start another organization for that- Pumpguns Anonymous maybe?

lpl/nc (taking a break from Cinderella rehabilitation for supper)

MedGrl
March 24, 2006, 08:01 PM
I will glad ly join PETP. Me and my 870 YE welcome new additions to our family...

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free. The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me. I lift my lamp beside the gun safe door.

*the poem on the base of the Statue of liberty. Everything is the same save for the two words in red*

sm
March 24, 2006, 08:06 PM
Meetings cut into shopping, sneaking them in, fondling and going "ahh" time.

No formal meetings - just meetin' up to shoot 'em I say.

:)

TrapperReady
March 24, 2006, 08:24 PM
As long as we're going down the route of anthropomorphism...

Can I volunteer to run a shelter for the geriatric population?

sm
March 24, 2006, 09:56 PM
I'm feeling inspired to start a sub advisory group for American Single-shot Shotguns ...

azflyman
March 24, 2006, 10:39 PM
Hi, my name is Kirk and I have a pumpgun;)

MCgunner
March 24, 2006, 10:41 PM
Oh, I have a single shot. Guess I'm an A.S.S., too!

HSMITH
March 24, 2006, 11:08 PM
And I thought I was one of the bad guys using an 870 for a push pole........

sm
March 24, 2006, 11:16 PM
...only if you didn't use the mat hangers at the car wash to clamp your 870 into to use the foaming brush and spray wand afterwards...

cslinger
March 24, 2006, 11:22 PM
My name is Chris...................................and I love pump guns. Now where is the free coffee and donuts.:neener:

TrapperReady
March 24, 2006, 11:22 PM
Does anyone else think that PETP sounds a lot like a military term? Kind of like BRAS(S), SPORTS, OCOKA, METT-T, etc...

What else could it mean?

P - point
E - end
T - towards
P - perp

P - pump
E - energetically
T - to
P - pacify

huntsman
March 24, 2006, 11:38 PM
[QUOTE][We have vowed to rescue all those poor, innocent pumpguns left languishing in pawn and gun shops, or just relegated to the back of a closet, neglected, abused and ignored.
/QUOTE]

well since big green made about 20 million of those things by itself, I hope you all got deep pockets, and a well developed forearm.

sm
March 24, 2006, 11:41 PM
Trapper - mine is not from a Military Acronym.

Actually I aced Geometry.

I did a great job of proving why there is NO Angle- Side- Side Theorem.

Hey, allowed me stand up at the blackboard with the young good looking brunette in mini-skirt teacher too.

She was MY assistant, assisting with them blackboard protractors and Compass...

She was impressed with my drawing a skeet field using that big protractor too...big protractor just perfect for that. Me showing Miss P all about skeet, explaining everything...

Got her daddy to bring her out , showed up with a Model 12. Ahh...daddy could shoot, game and such, never had shot clays. He picked right up with busting clays... I was doing a real good job of giving instructions to my teacher.

10th grade...

I really paid attention in that class and aced it - yep sure did. :)

She taught me Geometry - I shared shotguns and shooting with Miss P and her daddy.

Kelem
March 25, 2006, 03:21 AM
Sign me up as a Proud 870 owner

Nematocyst
March 25, 2006, 04:49 AM
This is one of your 'best', Dr. McC.

Nice to see this kind of humor in shotguns. Hear hear.

Do we have a source for bumper stickers & t-shirts, yet?

Nem, charter member of PETP.

only1asterisk
March 25, 2006, 05:15 AM
PETP isn't radical enough for me. I belong to the ALF (the All-gauge Libertation Front). I commend the people of PETP and I'm thankful for their support. Not all of us can take direct action against the oppressors. I vow never to rest while a single quality shotgun remains chained to a rack!

David

ReadyontheRight
March 25, 2006, 06:28 AM
What I want to know is, when will PETP be offering a 12-step program?

While there is currently no 12-step program...PETP DOES offer an 8-round program. (http://www.atigunstocks.com/installation/SMR-SMW-install.html) (Plus one in the pipe!)

sm
March 25, 2006, 09:59 AM
Bumper Stickers :

Have you yanked your rattail today?

Shuckin'-n-Shootin'

I may be old, I can still keep straight, just a pumping away, in 8 different positions.

Bolt handle - we don't need no stinkin' bolt handles

Clickety-Clack - I don't talk Smack

Pumpin' and Slappin' - Makes my Sweetheart Happy

Dave McCracken
March 25, 2006, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the responses. A couple things...

sm, I've been an Admirer of Single Shots for a long time. Perhaps all my adult life.

H, only if you had a push pole anyway.

El Barto, you can join. You've taken the first step on a slippery but delightful slope.

MC, working class roots are not something to be ashamed of. (Yeah, I ended a sentence with a preposition) I know that like NASCAR, Pro Wrestling and making 'shine, collecting and using pumpguns reeks of rural proletarians.

But even Mike McIntosh, who smoke a pipe, has leather patches on the elbows of his Harris Tweed coats and owns many SxS with famous names on them, likes and uses pumps. His peaen to the Model 12 is a classic. He likes 870s too.

Medgrl, keep your eyes open, You can handle a 12 gauge fine. Your Cinderella 870 will come.

TR, Thanks for the acronyms. And the chuckles.

Lee, 12 step programs depend on the person wanting to be cured. No way...

Nema, Wife is too busy these days to do shirts, but mayhap Daughter will run off some PETP buttons to pin to shooting vests, range bags etc. Will advise.

Now, we need a couple supermodels to pose scantily clad in the ads to publicise our "I'd rather shoot nekkid than not shoot my pumpguns" campaign......

sm
March 25, 2006, 10:30 AM
Now, we need a couple supermodels to pose scantily clad in the ads to publicise our "I'd rather shoot nekkid than not shoot my pumpguns" campaign......

*ahem*

Got Chocolate?

Barbara shoots a BPS for trap.
I just happen to know Chocolate makes Barbara do crazy things - I volunteer Barbara.

Steve

<runs for cover, tossing chocolate in my wake>

BigRedBowtie
March 25, 2006, 06:29 PM
Even my deer rifle is a pumpgun!

Heh... get this... my pumpgun IS my deer "rifle"...:neener:

Dave McCracken
March 25, 2006, 09:16 PM
Let Barbara know we have a Godiva outlet near here., Steve.

Some time ago I had a 760 in 30-06, naturally. Good shooter. Now, I just use an 870.

Barbara
March 25, 2006, 10:10 PM
Eh, I'm not a good trap shooter..but I like it..spent today up on Howell at what was supposed to 1/2 trap shoot, half Very Official Meeting. Finally I got yelled at because I wouldn't come in and sit in a chair and behave and instead was out on the range. My buddy Mike finally said, "Barb, put the crack pipe down. We can't start the meeting without you." So that was the end of that. :(

Then the knuckleheads reelected me.

The good news is that someone brought me some really good chocolate.

But the bad news is that a couple who were there for the original..um..incident, were there. I'm never ever going to live that down.

Black_Talon
March 25, 2006, 10:18 PM
Hi, my name is Black Talon, and while I do have a few 870's, I have a real soft spot for High Standard Flite-King riot guns.

http://www.black-talon.org/RKBA/SG/3x_Hi-Std_0800.jpg

ABTOMAT
March 25, 2006, 11:03 PM
You don't see too many of those with rifle sights, do you? My catalog only shows the Flite-King Brush with those, but it has the shorter mag.

coolridelude
March 25, 2006, 11:20 PM
this is my program

this is what i wrote on another forum.

when i first went to pick her up she was so beautiful. her color, and her looks were so simple that it turned me on. when i got to hold her in my arms, she fit so perfectly. i showed her off to the guys and they were very impressed by her beauty. our first date was at the range. she showed me a good time. when i took her home she warmed up to my mom.

i think i am in love.

now if a foe choose to enter my domain she is willing to protect me and my family.

just don't get her angry because she will get her little friends to hurt you.

i sleep better at night that she is watching over us.

the one of the best things about her is that she is not a picky eater she will eat anything.

Nematocyst
March 26, 2006, 09:27 PM
Hi, my name is Black Talon, and while I do have a few 870's, I have a real soft spot for High Standard Flite-King riot guns. Wow, them's some pretty shotguns.

Can someone educate me about them? "High Standard Flite-King?" Never heard the name before. (Yes, I've led a sheltered life.)

Nem

Dave McCracken
March 26, 2006, 09:34 PM
The Flite Kings were another pump driven into extinction by the 600 lb gorilla that is the 870.

Decent shotguns, though not as easy to deep clean as an 870.

Barbara, original incident?....

Black_Talon
March 26, 2006, 09:44 PM
You don't see too many of those with rifle sights, do you? My catalog only shows the Flite-King Brush with those, but it has the shorter mag.

These are actual police guns that never showed up in the High Standard commercial catalogs, that's why you don't see too much info one them.

The commercial Flite-King "brush guns" had 20" bbls with 5 shot mags, the 8111 and 8113's riot guns were 18", 6-shot guns. The commercial brush guns also came with the shiny walnut stock + recoil pad, and the large style forend. The riot versions have the plain oiled walnut (and later, birch) stock with a plastic buttplate and the smaller corn cob forends. The brush gun also had the engine-turned bolt and lifter while the riot's were just plain finished.

sm
March 26, 2006, 09:45 PM
Re: The Flite Kings
I appreciate the pics , and it would be great if someone did a write up on history and such for the Shotgun forum.

Re: Redneck Olympics.

We ever get this THR team together, we gotta have Barbara participate.

Barbara, no disrespect - Gal got spunk, determination, smart, articulate, and ...I dunno, something about her my gut says the opposing team would be shaking heads after the dust settles, have lost, picking themselves up...after a bit going "who was that gal with the BPS?"

ABTOMAT
March 26, 2006, 10:09 PM
These are actual police guns that never showed up in the High Standard commercial catalogs, that's why you don't see too much info one them.

The commercial Flite-King "brush guns" had 20" bbls with 5 shot mags, the 8111 and 8113's riot guns were 18", 6-shot guns. The commercial brush guns also came with the shiny walnut stock + recoil pad, and the large style forend. The riot versions have the plain oiled walnut (and later, birch) stock with a plastic buttplate and the smaller corn cob forends. The brush gun also had the engine-turned bolt and lifter while the riot's were just plain finished.

Thanks for the details. I was referring to the sights specifically--my catalog shows 18" and 20" Riots in different versions, just not with rifle sights. The 20" Brush is the only one shown equipped like that in my book.

lawson
March 26, 2006, 10:21 PM
i'll gladly join your organization. i provide a loving home for an 870 Wingmaster in 20 gauge, a pre-WW2 Model 12, and a Model 1300 Defender.

Black_Talon
March 26, 2006, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the details. I was referring to the sights specifically--my catalog shows 18" and 20" Riots in different versions, just not with rifle sights. The 20" Brush is the only one shown equipped like that in my book.

Here's all the info I have on the Flite-King Riot version model break-downs. These are the actual Riot guns only. The "Brush" guns are different model numbers altogether. Note that the "rifle sight to bead sight ratio" is pretty close to 50:50 at 3:4.

K-120,
K-1200 12 GA Cylinder bore 20" Bead sights Riot 20 - 6 8104

K-102,
K-1200 12 GA Cylinder bore 18" Bead sights Riot 18 - 7 8111

K-120,
K-1200 12 GA Cylinder bore 18" Rifle sights Riot 18 - 7 8113

K-120,
K-1200 12 GA Cylinder bore 18" Bead sights Riot 18 - 6 8118

12 GA Cylinder bore 20" Rifle sights 8129

K-102 12 GA Cylinder bore 20" Bead sights 8112

12 GA Cylinder bore 18" Rifle sights 8128

FWIW, back in the '70's, these were easy to find at the local "Grant Boys" stores here in SoCal and I remember the bead sight versions outnumbering the rifle sight versions on the display racks by probably 3-to-1.

MedGrl
March 26, 2006, 10:54 PM
If we ever get a THR Olimpics team together you can count me in :D

sm
March 27, 2006, 01:50 AM
MedGrl-

We are speaking Redneck Cup. :) Okay, you are in.

Now practice up on shooting moon pies [yes these really do launch from a trap machine], shooting from the upper level of the barn / hayloft, from the bed of a moving truck, from the hood of a moving truck...stealing melons and not getting rock salt in your behind...

aw heck, I forgot , you have Dave up your way - let 'em 'splain it. :D

We have single shot shotgun event too...'Pigeon Barn Clearing' , we use popcorn loads and one variation is while one group flushes 'em out - the other group finishes them off once outside the barn with lead pellets. Rather well chrono'd and ...we be good and smooth at it...

Synchronized swimmin' ain't got nothing on us....:p

Like I said, Dave knows all about this....

Do a search, just keep liquids away from keyboard and get ready to hoot and holler...while reading.

Edit: Oh why not :evil:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=51745&highlight=Redneck

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=85066&highlight=Redneck

Nematocyst
March 27, 2006, 02:16 AM
THR Olympics team?

Did someone say,
"THR Olympics team"?

<imagines concept; considers beginning dry fire training...>

Wow. Makes me hungry just to contemplate it.

Wish I had a moon pie & a root beer. :rolleyes:

Nem

:cool: ;)

sm
March 27, 2006, 02:33 AM
*sigh*

It's RC and Moonpie :)

Everything is "coke" we don't say 'pop'

Root beer is for root beer floats
Vanilla goes into Pepsi
Cherry into Coke
Peanuts into Coke

Got it? :p

Now in honor of PETP I am working on a new Event. May have to split into two parts...

<drumroll>

Verizon/Cingular Flurries.

Get a bunch of cell phones and toss 'em - everybody shoots pumps at the cell phones falling down...

Still think setting some loose on Helium balloons would be fun...first you shoot the balloon, shuck, go for the cell phone. :D

Yeah I know - totally brilliant huh?

Nematocyst
March 27, 2006, 02:58 AM
*sigh*

It's RC and MoonpieLike the quote says, speak for yourself, Steve. ;)

Moon Pie {tm} was an order of magnitude better with root beer, imo.

Of course, looking back, that was an order of magnitude better than ... cardboard, but that's another thread. :D

Get a bunch of cell phones and toss 'em - everybody shoots pumps at the cell phones falling down... Yeah, I'm down for that.

Where do I sign up?

:evil:

azflyman
March 27, 2006, 04:42 AM
Hell I even have two or three phones to donate to the cause. I may even have a bag phone for the challenged shooters but we would need a really big balloon to hoist that one up. We could put a squeaker on it for anyone who could prove they are legally blind:evil:

az

Dave McCracken
March 27, 2006, 08:34 AM
Cell phone shoot? Let's start with those glued glued to drivers' ears. Half the really stupid stuff I see every day on 95 and the DC Beltway is done by people who need to hang up and drive.

Maybe a PETP/THR/Redneck Cup rendevouz is due. Lessee what PGC wants for use of the facilities and control of Range 7 with its wobble trap and so on....

sm
March 27, 2006, 10:27 AM
...about this here PETP/THR/Redneck Cup

We seem to have more ladies now than we did.

THR Ladies are the bestest! Our ladies can beat anyone else's Ladies.

Need some special Ladies events - that is what I was thinking about...

-Bathroom Stall Breaching,
When you gotta go, you gotta go and for sure , them long lines? I figure a Shotgun would make them lines thin out a bit.

-Parking Spot event.
Never fails when a lady just needs to run in for one of two items, spies a parking spot up close, some idiot comes up the lane the wrong way, and snags it...usually parking all crooked. I mean some of these little cars folks do this rude behavior with, no bigger than a doe, shotgun most assurdly take care of .

-Cat-Calls and Rude Event.
You know the beer gutted, rude, ugly, smelly guys talking lewd behind ladies backs...
Gonna need some beams, targets are hard hats, lunch pails and the Thermos...extra points for hitting the bubba crack target hanging by suspenders with rock salt....

-We saw it first event

1) Minivan with side doors open just running down aisle 4 and getting them whites on sale for kid's rooms...

2) Picnic area event , in this one they use the Macho Truck taken from Cat-Call event Bubba don't need anymore, and run off the vagrants, feral cats, and what not.

Note: This Second version , might just be a all afternoon affair and require special admittance fees - Lots of chocolate.

I got this mind pic of Barbara so proud sporting them Suspenders taken earlier from hitting the suspened butt crack target, pax Kaylee, MedGirl ...etc, all wanting to take turns driving the Macho Truck, running over stuff, running thru stuff, chasing stuff, and taking turns shooting from the bed of truck.

Video Sales of filming this event alone would generate enough monies for next years PETP events.

"Gals Just Want to Have Fun!!"

Use Enough Chocolate

Kestrel
March 27, 2006, 10:28 AM
How about a speaker and subwoofer shoot? You know, the deep thumping you hear and feel throughout your body, coming from some kid's rap music turned up to 150db, while sitting at an intersection? The ones that shake your rear-view mirrors and give you a headache?

Especially the ones, close enough at an intersection or gas station, to hear the most vulgar rap music being blasted, while your young daughter is in the car? Yep - those speakers and subwoofers...

I would like to see a national campaign that would have these kids scared to inflict this on others.

At times, I've gotten out of the car and asked them to turn it down. TWICE, someone in another car thanked me.

No, now I'm certainly not advocating that people in intersections start getting out of their cars in anger, rack an 870 and casually walk over to the offending stereo and destroy the speakers... No - not in anger... Not in anger...

I can dream, can't I?

foghornl
March 27, 2006, 12:21 PM
"I'd rather shoot nekkid than not shoot my pumpguns

ahhhhh uhmmmm Dave, that wouldn't work so well for us OBFG's...Like ME!

O ld
B ald
F at
G uy

However, might work well for chasing away a "Peeping Tom" without firing a shot.... :evil: :D :evil: :D

sm
March 27, 2006, 03:10 PM
Note to self:

foghornl gets put in the "Raid PETA fundraiser event. 3 man team shoots tents stakes / guy lines to fell big tent atop Peta Folks. Quickest time wins.

Need two more for his team...

I feel Model 42's would be perfect for this event. Style points and degree of difficulty.

I think I found my niche, planning events - whatcha think? *smirk*

kudu
March 27, 2006, 06:36 PM
I got one M42 to add to the event Steve. Might get my wife involved, she kinda likes the AR15 I put together in 9MM with that Eotech holo sight. :eek: You know, the one that she will probably run you off with if she knows you're coming up the drive. ;)

sm
March 27, 2006, 08:09 PM
I ain't skeered! :)

I gots them 3 daughters of yours and now Sophie to watch my six and distract the wife.

Okay we have kudu and foghornl , need one more for the "Raid PETA fundraiser event" using M42s

Where is Trapper, he has a M42, and Trapper makes three :D

---

pax! I have a special event just for you, ain't no way anyone can beat THR on this event. I remembered she had a pump gun too...

"House Clearing Out".

Her Five boys are in on this btw...
...see the deal is the boys mess up a house, and folks have to run thru with a slung shotgun, pick up socks, and whatever else boys can scatter about, get 5 boys loaded up into a Surburban, not forget anything, and then , drive a bit, pile out and Shotgunner has to take 5 steel targets.

Like I said , we OWN this event...thanks for volunteering pax...:)

TrapperReady
March 27, 2006, 08:35 PM

Count me in.

Of course, Mrs. Trapper may want to join in the fun.

The kids are happy to help run the traps and sort the empty hulls. :D

kmrcstintn
March 28, 2006, 07:32 PM
I had a nice Mossberg 500 combo put together: matte parkarized finish & synthetic furniture w/ choked 28" game barrel, rifled 24" cantilievel slug barrel, and smoothbore 24" slug barrel. I had to let her go due to some financial woes. :( If she's still at the store tomorrow, I might put a deposit on her until I get free and clear and bring her home again. ;)

KC&97TA
March 29, 2006, 12:33 AM
OK... you guys have lived up to the "those fokes in the shotguns" with this thread, LOL

I guess I need to go out and get me a Pump, since all my weaponry is semi-auto, I feel like such a freak right now :uhoh:

Nematocyst
March 29, 2006, 12:42 AM
"those fokes in the shotguns" And I'm proud to walk amongst them "fokes". ;)

My 870 is just steps away from where I sit.

And, if'n yo' gonna get one,
be sure to get yourself a sling for it.

I'd recommend 'African carry' as you can go from
carry to 'remove a mellon-sized piece of biomass
with 00 buck' in less than 2 sec.

(The 9 is only for BU to get to said shotgun.

Kindly remove ski mask before entry
after business hours. :evil: )

Nem

IDriveB5
March 29, 2006, 04:08 AM
Dave, this post had me and my pop rolling that other day :D

Dave McCracken
March 29, 2006, 09:21 AM
S'funny, so many folks have pumps,even when they own and shoot other action styles.

This is a probably futile attempt to drag this thread back on track.....

NSCA Level II instructor Rhys Arthur uses a pump for hunting, rahter than one of a number of fine O/Us and a couple top line autos. His comment, "It works for me".

Al Clark of the Geezers owns a stack of Model 21s, and some other shotguns like a Browning Broadway trap and a custom Grulla. He has an Express that he bought for $200 and shoots it as well as the rest or better.

Even Parker fan Doug Kelly of the Geezers has a Model 17 Remington, the progenitor of the Ithaca 37. He prefers his doubles but admits his pump has a good body count on quail and grouse.

sm, I have been married a long time and well understand the concept of "Emergency Chocolate"...

Kestrel, listening to that $%^&*( carries Instant Karma. Everyone knows they're cretins and Visigoths.

Foghornl, the only times in an active life where I've deployed a firearm for home defense, I was jaybird nekkid. Now, my song is "I just don't look good nekkid anymore"...

As for scaring off PETAphiles, it's not hard. Stone cold cowards. That's why they throw paint on terrified old ladies in 40 year old fur coats and not on bikers in leather jackets.

KC, there's an old thread about "Why everyone should have Pumpguns". You may find it informative.

Nem, 2 seconds will suffice for removing several "melon sized" pieces of "Biomass". You need to go shoot some doubles and flurries.

B5, glad you enjoyed it.

Daughter is going to make up some PETP buttons soon. Heh,heh,heh....

sm
March 29, 2006, 10:38 AM
...wonderin' if daughter is gonna do any for the American Single-shot Shotguns folks?

Wanna hear the Haiku I did for them?

What?

warwagon
March 29, 2006, 12:07 PM
Dave,

I have an old Mossberg 500 that kept me company on the street as an LEO, and with a quick barrel change put some game on the table. She's getting a little long in the tooth,but so am I!

When I read this thread, I got her out, gave her a quick clean ,lube, and good to go!

Can we play?:)

IDriveB5
March 29, 2006, 03:11 PM
Daughter is going to make up some PETP buttons soon. Heh,heh,heh....

:) now ill have another button to go on my range bag, right next to my BA/UU/R

kmrcstintn
March 29, 2006, 06:20 PM
:cool: :)

My Mossy 500 combo was still at the shop to which I sold it and I was able to do a layaway to secure it. She's not the most glamorous, but well rounded and thought out. Here's the story behind the original purchase.

Mossberg 500 "Special Hunter" package that is sold by Dunham's Sports chain:
matte parkerized finish with synthetic furniture; 28" vent rib barrel with 2 beads; 24" rifled slug barrel w/ cantilever mount; modified choke; choke wrench; BSA 2.5 X 20 Deerhunter scope w/ rings; sling; shim set for adjusting buttstock (full retail is $400; selling is $350 when not on special; price matched for a similar package at Dick's for $250)-----what I've added:
used 24" smoothbore slug barrel (camo parkerized finish with basic rifle sights) for $35.00; extra chokes: full, improved cylinder, x-full.

A good, all purpose, well-rounded combo built on a sturdy platform. ;) :D

Dave McCracken
March 29, 2006, 09:44 PM
sm, keep that Haiku for now. Save it for the gathering. Speaking of saving, I've a dozen BA/UU/R buttons for you but need an address.

Warwagon, heck yes! Cherishing a pump is the qualification.

B5, I'll save ya one.

Km, sounds good. Do not elt it get away again....

MedGrl
March 30, 2006, 12:16 AM
Hey Dave,

I can't find my BA/UU/R button. ANy way for me to get a nother one? ANd i bought a vest like you suggested...it's nice. I'm gonna try and give it a try next weekend.

Dave McCracken
March 30, 2006, 08:53 AM
I'll have one of each for you next time, Medgrl. Good on the vest.

9mmMike
April 2, 2006, 01:39 PM
OK. I'm in. All of the 870's in my fleet are "rescued". Two were just battered receivers; no shell latches or anything. All are doing fine now with a regular diet of 7.5's, 8's, 00, 000, 000 or slug. Mine are all free-range rehabilitated. :D
Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "PETP!!....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!