Firestar parts

PDA

Stickjockey
April 19, 2003, 05:21 AM
A few years ago, I bought a Star "Firestar" M-45 as a carry gun. Just recently, I found out that they aren't made anymore, and I'm starting to wonder about parts availability, especially magazines. Anyone have one of these or know where to find stuff for them? Thanks in advance!

If you enjoyed reading about "Firestar parts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tracer
April 19, 2003, 10:25 AM
Don't panic-a number of people seem to have parts.I have owned 3 Star pistols,and they are great for the money.I believe the name is Mike at 703 739 2150 who bought a quantity of Star parts from Interarms.Buy a spare firing pin if you get the chance.
Tracer

railroader
April 19, 2003, 11:52 AM
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/fir45ac6rdst.html You can get mags here, shipping is $10 though. You can also try ebay. I have also bought parts from M&M. I would recommend buying a slide stop. That was the one part that did break on my firestar 45. It would be expensive if you had to get one made by a smith. Mark

seeker_two
April 20, 2003, 03:51 PM
Try Gun Parts Corp. (http://www.gunpartscorp.com) . I bought three mags for my M43 there cheaper than what I could find anywhere else. They even shipped them to me w/i three days of ordering. And they have a fairly large selection of parts still available.

Shooting Firestars is addictive. Good thing there's no cure...:cool:

Stickjockey
April 21, 2003, 10:45 PM
Took a look at Gun Parts Corp. Looks like they have them. Thanks guys!!!

Stickjockey
April 21, 2003, 10:55 PM
Took a look at Gun Parts Corp. Looks like they have them. Thanks guys!!!

firestar
April 22, 2003, 04:20 AM
I have ordered Firestar parts from M&M and the service was polite and competent. I have also ordered from Numrichs (sp) and they were O.K. also but M&M was great.

Stickjockey
April 23, 2003, 12:53 AM
Hmm....don't know M&M. Do they have a website?

If you enjoyed reading about "Firestar parts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!