Left handed Glock shooters.....

PDA

TonyB
April 19, 2003, 07:48 AM
I'm a lefty,and when ever I've used a Glock the mag release cuts the **** out of my trigger finger....what do you guys do?Is it just my short arthritic finger?This has kept me from even thinking about getting a Glock.:(

If you enjoyed reading about "Left handed Glock shooters....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stevelyn
April 19, 2003, 10:38 AM
I'm left-handed and I shoot and carry a G-22 as a duty pistol. I'm trying to figure out how your trigger finger is getting cut unless it's a typo and you meant your middle finger.
My the corner of my mag release barely touches behind the second knuckle of my middle finger. I've never noticed a problem with cuts or any pain during shooting sessions.
Are you using one of the larger Glocks like a G-20 or G-21? Grip size would change what part of your hand contacts the mag release during shooting.
A former coworker of mine loved Glocks but in a couple of cases decided surgery was needed on a G-21 and used a xacto knife to tastefully round off offending corners and seams on the polymer frame.

stevelyn
April 19, 2003, 10:42 AM
Aero-Tek or Robar might be able to help w/ the problem if you don't like the "surgery " method w/ an after market mag release.

Steve

Nero Steptoe
April 19, 2003, 12:21 PM
Just takes a few seconds to radius the sharp edges of the mag release with a Dremel and sanding drum. I use Agrip over the mag release and it's comfortable, even when pressing against the skin during IWB carry.

Tom B
April 19, 2003, 04:26 PM
I shoot left handed and never had any problems except with the G20. I did what Nero said above and took the sharp edge of the mag release off. The release is plenty big enough to modify as needed.

SAWBONES
April 19, 2003, 10:16 PM
This is what a Dremel tool is for.
I whittled my G30 mag release button edges smooth.

Lennyjoe
April 20, 2003, 01:25 AM
Lefty here with no problems shooting a Glock. (G19)

Graystar
April 20, 2003, 08:32 PM
I'm a lefty and have shot Glock 17, 19, 23, and 33 with no trouble from the release.

blades67
April 22, 2003, 12:56 AM
Is it just my short arthritic finger?

Yup. Consider longer fingers next time.:evil:

Schuey2002
April 22, 2003, 02:24 AM
Just take a piece of emery cloth (ordinary sand paper will work as well) and round off the edges of the mag release on your Glock. It's the first thing that I do to all my Glocks right after I buy 'em..

It's a cheap and easy fix. ;)

Navy joe
April 22, 2003, 11:42 AM
5 minutes into my first range visit with my first Glock I had whipped out my pocket knife and shaved off the corners. Kinda hoped to go longer than that before starting to customize. The std. length mag releases don't bite me, just the extended ones.

If you enjoyed reading about "Left handed Glock shooters....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!