Alright lets see the list of dirty words!

PDA

WebHobbit
April 19, 2003, 11:00 AM
Can we get a George Carlin style list of all the dirty words that are forbidden here that will get automagically changed to *****'s?

I tried to use C_R_A_P in a couple of threads and it always gets censored.

I never considered THAT a "bad word" but I do/will certainly respect any and all rules here.

After all this IS The High Road not the gutter!

:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Alright lets see the list of dirty words!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
April 19, 2003, 11:28 AM
No, no list will be printed here. I'm sure you can guess what 95% of the words are.

FWIW, I tend to agree with you on "crap" (how did he do that?!) so I think I'll just delete that one. If I'm overruled and it is added back, I'll understand that also. What isn't a dirty word to some is filthy to others, it's just human nature.

WebHobbit
April 19, 2003, 11:31 AM
Cool.

I was only half-serious about a list!

:D

Just wanted to clear up the crap thing.

This is a great board & I appreciate the way you all run things.

Edward429451
April 19, 2003, 11:33 AM
They could post the list, but then they'd have to censor it!:D

Dunno if Arts grammaw would be offended by 'crap' or not. Some are some aren't. Best to play it safe if in doubt. Kinda challenging in my mind. How do you get stern in discussion without swearing etc.? Increase your word power / vocabulary. This board can make ones mind sizzle, which is good. Much more thought provoking than say 'Hard Core Talk' is. Buncha juveniles over there.

I can say juvenile in a dispariging way cant I?:D

tyme
April 20, 2003, 02:11 PM
And after the list of dirty words censored here is published, stay tuned for the meaning of life, the ingredients in Coca-Cola, the reason Nietzsche went insane, how to make a killing in the stock market, &c.

WebHobbit
April 20, 2003, 02:48 PM
Meaning of life=42

Edward429451
April 20, 2003, 05:00 PM
Ahh, but what is the question?

And what have I got in me pockets?:neener:

GinSlinger
April 21, 2003, 01:58 PM
the reason Nietzsche went insane

Syphillus--infected wound in the Franco-Prussian war. His hatred of women was not a result of his infection, it was the result of him being the only male in a 6 female household. FWIW

GinSlinger

Oleg Volk
April 21, 2003, 10:41 PM
Putting crap on the list was my over-reaction...that got cleared up. Overall, I just wish for a civil AND non-vulgar discourse.

BlackJack
April 22, 2003, 05:01 PM

FPrice
April 22, 2003, 05:08 PM
Mud.

That's about as dirty as I get.

Mal H
April 22, 2003, 11:18 PM
BlackJack - Yep, you got most of them, all right. However, you forgot an obvious one - ****. And I can't believe you mispelled the 7th one in your list, it's spelled **** not ****. It was probably just a typo.

April 22, 2003, 11:26 PM
Soiled,dungy, filthy, foul, grimy, grubby, grungy, impure, mucky, murky, nasty, soily, sordid, squalid, unclean, uncleanly,
begrimed

Kevlarman
April 23, 2003, 08:46 AM
Ah, I see some people here are fans of Douglas Adams!

Edward429451
April 23, 2003, 01:47 PM
Ah, I see some people here are fans of Douglas Adams!

You bet. Tolkien too.:)

Oleg Volk
April 23, 2003, 01:49 PM
And the Queen Mother of all Cuss Words: H*llary Cl*nton :eek:

S_O_Laban
April 25, 2003, 04:51 AM
And the Queen Mother of all Cuss Words: H*llary Cl*nton

Just saw this thread, LOL, Queen mother is right:evil:

Thanks Oleg, the above quote makes my day:D :D

RTFM
April 25, 2003, 01:04 PM
And the Queen Mother of all Cuss Words: H*llary Cl*nton
http://mysmilies.no-ip.com/mysmilies/lol2.gif
Then is Ted*ie Ken*nedy the court jester? Just a thought.
Interesting website.
www.ytedk.com

If you enjoyed reading about "Alright lets see the list of dirty words!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!