Hoppes ClayKing Thrower?

PDA

CrisOR
March 30, 2006, 01:11 AM
Any experiences with the Hoppes ClayKing target thrower? I'm not expecting a whole lot for $30, but I don't see much else under about $150.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hoppes ClayKing Thrower?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TX1911fan
March 30, 2006, 10:27 AM
I've got one, and it's ok, but the thing that sucks is that one guy has to run it for the others, and he gets tired pulling against that spring. To tell you the truth, the had throwers work almost as well, and are a lot more fun. We had people volunteering to throw because of the challenge and also the fun of throwing in unusual places to make it harder to shoot.

ArmedBear
March 30, 2006, 02:01 PM
I already have a ground thrower, and I bought a hand thrower.

Unless you get a ground thrower that has a foot pedal so the shooter can operate it, it's not so great. Unless you're Dick Cheney, the thrower will still be in line with the shooter, so you can't shoot "real" trap (meaning the bird comes out 16-27 yards in front of the shooter).

Might as well use the hand thrower. No setup, no hassle getting the thing anchored in the ground, you can change directions at will without messing with the thrower, it doesn't take up as much space in the car/truck. The spring thrower will throw stacked doubles but you can get more out of having a couple people with hand throwers, then rotating who shoots and who throws.

Okiecruffler
March 31, 2006, 12:58 AM
I've had a Hoppes now for many years and it works fine for me. I usually shoot alone, so I have to pull the line, shoulder the gun, find the clay and shoot. Keeps you on your toes. Plus it got my wife into shooting shotguns, she finally got tired of setting and pulling the thing for me.:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Hoppes ClayKing Thrower?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!