Can anyone here get photos of a High Standard 10B bullpup?

PDA

ABTOMAT
March 30, 2006, 01:22 AM
I'm looking for photos of a High Standard 10B bullpup--specifically ones that show the interface between the flashlight and the shotgun. That's my main interest. Anyone with one of these oddballs care to take some photos for me?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Can anyone here get photos of a High Standard 10B bullpup?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mnrivrat
March 30, 2006, 01:49 AM
try going here :

world.guns.ru/shotgun/SH26-E.HTM

hkmp5g17
March 30, 2006, 02:04 AM
KelTec Should make a modern version of this!:D Anyone listening?

Replace the Kel light with a Surefire- maybe have Knoxx do something about the recoil.

'Card
March 30, 2006, 02:48 AM
You know, the entire bullpup concept seems so simple, direct, beneficial, and strong from an engineering perspective, that I've never really understood why it doesn't seem to have caught on.

Fred Fuller
March 30, 2006, 08:59 AM
There are some pictures in Swearengen's book that might be helpful, on pp. 380- 383. The rail on top of the shotgun that secures the rear sight and the folding carrying handle has a thumbscrew inserted from right (the ejection port side) to left. There are two short locator studs on the left side of the rail also, one on either side of the thumbscrew, to keep the flashlight oriented properly when attached. The flashlight has a matching rail to allow needed offset to clear the larger diameter lens bell of the light, with recesses for the locator studs and a threaded hole for the thumbscrew.

I can try getting photocopies if no one can supply clearer pictures...

lpl/nc

JohnBT
March 30, 2006, 09:31 AM
The manual is available on line in .pdf and includes a schematic.

http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm

ABTOMAT
March 30, 2006, 09:40 AM
Thanks, guys. I've downloaded the manual but it only shows the parts on the gun, not the light. I'm trying to find out what the matching part on the flashlight looks like. So it is a rail of some sort?

Fred Fuller
March 30, 2006, 10:08 AM
Take a look at http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/2500/2511.htm for a picture of the left side of the gun with the flashlight dismounted. The three dots on the rail are the locator studs on either side of the thumbscrew, the flashlight rail is configured to mount to the gun's rail and allow clearance of the flashlight bell.

If I find more useful photos online I'll edit this to reflect their locations-

lpl/nc

edited to add: Here's a left side view with the light mounted-
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/High-Standard-Model-10B

10B and KelLite for sale at http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976471516.htm

dfariswheel
March 30, 2006, 08:18 PM
The flashlight mounting rail is nothing more than a section of flat aluminum strip.
The shotgun side has two holes to fit over the pins on the gun, and a threaded hole for the mounting screw.

The flashlight side is cut with a rounded surface that matches the curve of the flashlight body.

The mount is drilled with two countersunk holes to allow a pair of flat head socket screws to pass through and screw into two holes threaded into the flashlight.

To assemble, the aluminum strip is attached to the flashlight with two flat head socket screws by drilling and tapping two holes in the body of the aluminum light.
You can also use some epoxy to strengthen the mount.

To attach the light, you simply fit the flashlight's mount over the two pins on the gun, and tighten the finger screw tight.

The mount is fairly easy to make.
Just get a section of aluminum strip, and cut one side with a rounded profile that will allow it to match the round flashlight body.

Drill two holes all the way through to match the locating pins on the gun.
Drill and tap one hole in the center to fit the mounting finger screw.
Drill and countersink two holes for the flat head socket screws to attach to the light.

ABTOMAT
March 30, 2006, 11:50 PM
Thank you! Just what I was looking for. I don't actually have a 10B, but a friend is considering getting one and wanted to know how the light attached. We're both flashlight collectors, too.

dfariswheel
March 31, 2006, 02:18 AM
Be advised, the High Standard 10-A and 10-B Bullpup shotguns do NOT have a good reputation for reliability.

The guns MUST be fired with high-brass loads, and even then too many of them just fail to operate reliably.

Back when I was still a working gunsmith, I bought one, and in spite of everything I could think of to do, it simple never worked well enough to trust as anything but a range toy.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can anyone here get photos of a High Standard 10B bullpup?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!