Does the "9mm in a .40SW mag trick" work with the P99?

PDA

slh02
April 20, 2003, 01:00 AM
Hello all, I was just about to buy a couple of P99 mags (only have two at the moment) and I was wondering if the little trick of putting more than ten rounds of 9mm in a .40SW mag works reliably. I did a search and got some mixed results. I was just wondering before I put up the $35 and find myself with a useless mag. Please note that this will only be a range mag, as I will be buying another 10 rd. 9mm mag as well. Thanks for any and all replies.

ps- I know I will be asked why I dont just combine the money and get one pre-ban 9mm mag. My only answer is "that would be too easy." ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Does the "9mm in a .40SW mag trick" work with the P99?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
George Hill
April 20, 2003, 11:33 AM
Take the easy route and know you will have a more reliable mag.

Mags are critical to an auto's function... don't take chances on those. "Range Only" mags have a habit of popping up when it was your other mags that you were needing.

akanotken
April 20, 2003, 11:07 PM
We talked about this over at the Walther forum. Here's the link
http://www.gothammarketing.com/ikon/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=651
The short answer is it didn't work at all. You don't get the 16 rounds, and lotsa failures. Course it wasn't my mag, so I could mess with the feed lips at all.

HTH

slh02
April 20, 2003, 11:17 PM
I was just about to buy the .40 mag, but after reading the replies I just ordered 2 10 round 9mm mags instead. Better to have 10 that work than 13 that dont. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Does the "9mm in a .40SW mag trick" work with the P99?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!