Beretta 1201fp

PDA

gbell
March 31, 2006, 12:46 PM
recently purchased a beretta 1201fp. I read that it would hold six rounds on the mag but have only been able to put 2. any sugestions? also, does anyone know how to take the magazine cap off?

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta 1201fp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
belton-deer-hunter
March 31, 2006, 12:48 PM
mabee it has a plug in it? i know nothing about htis shotgun so take that with grain of salt

gbell
March 31, 2006, 01:23 PM
i taught it could be that, but i am also unfamiliar with it and am not real sure how to take the cap off the mag

BigG
March 31, 2006, 02:11 PM
Just unscrew it.

gbell
March 31, 2006, 03:08 PM
there is a little post on it that is keeping me from doing that because i have been trying.

Smurfslayer
March 31, 2006, 03:18 PM
:confused: Does it look like this?
http://bighammer.net/pages/23/index.htm

+1, the magazine cap just comes right off. Not sure what post you're talking about...

gbell
March 31, 2006, 03:20 PM
yep, the problem was it was it had not been taken out in [B]Several[B] years, but thanks i finally got it.

Ironballs
March 31, 2006, 07:28 PM
i got one on the way, a touch beat up for for $360 shipped...
a good cleaning, and duracoat, and shell be like brand new... i can hardly wait

cslinger
March 31, 2006, 07:42 PM
With mine you unscrew the knurled(or whatever) round end cap at the end of the magazine tube. At that point you will likely be looking a protruding post with a flat head cut in the top. Uncrew that with a flat head screwdriver and you should be all set. You may have to depress a couple small spring loaded detents that should be visible in order to unscrew this part. The first time it is a PITA but all in all not too tough.

Let me know if you want me to take the time to post pictures of me doing it. I would be happy to do so but am kinda lazy at the moment and also have a few beers, so it is probably best I don't play with the 12 gauges at the moment.

Chris

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta 1201fp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!