Winchester Model 70 Ranger sights

PDA

mothernatureson
March 31, 2006, 12:40 PM
Hello the camp, I have a Winchester Model 70 Ranger in 30-06. The serial
# 1709xxx, which I place @1985-1986 based on production numbers from a couple of publications. I bought this used a couple of years ago, and the rear sight was broken, it was a similar to a lyman 16a folding rear sight, factory dovetail. The factory front sight is a ramp, unhooded sight. My question, can anyone tell me what is the producton rear sight for this. I want to buy the correct one. A call to usrac or whatever they are called, was to no avail, the person on the other end was younger than my rifle. Do any readers out there have a Winchester catalog from 85 or 86 , and can find my model? The oldest catalog I have is 1996, and show a rear sight similar to those big clunky types that Remington has used. Thanks.

Mothernatureson

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester Model 70 Ranger sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester Model 70 Ranger sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!