Mexican Flag Burned in Arizona

PDA

Erebus
March 31, 2006, 02:04 PM
Way to go kids. They raise it above Old Glory, you burn it!!
-=-=-=-=-=
Immigration tensions spark flag-burning in A.J.

By Blake Herzog, Tribune

March 31, 2006

This week’s tensions over immigration reform literally caught fire in the East Valley on Thursday when students raised a Mexican flag over Apache Junction High School — and then other students yanked it down and burned it.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/62231.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Mexican Flag Burned in Arizona" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tomcat1066
March 31, 2006, 02:08 PM
And people question the values of today's youth ;)

I know I don't now :D

Tom

Biker
March 31, 2006, 02:09 PM
There is hope for today's youth.
Biker

Malice
March 31, 2006, 02:17 PM
I go to school at the University of Texas in San Antonio.

In the middle of campus there is a statue of a man carrying another man on his back.

Is it a memorial to Soldier/Airman Gi-Joe who carried his wounded comrade to safety? After all, we have like 3 or 4 military bases in the area and about %10 of the students you see on a daily basis are in BDUs or AF Blues.

Hell no.

They are wearing "Mexican" clothing, wading through a river, and the name of the statue is boldly stated:

"Border Crossing"

We're screwed.

ElTacoGrande
March 31, 2006, 02:27 PM
This (being happy about burning Mexico's flag) is sad to see, and it is sad for me to see posts like this here.

Nitrogen
March 31, 2006, 02:47 PM
If you expect other people to respect our flag, and everything it stands for, we should respect other nation's flags.

Romans 12:19:
Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"says the Lord.

Matthew 7:12:
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

It scares me how much New Testamant I know, being Jewish.

Biker
March 31, 2006, 02:57 PM
I don't know much about the Bible, but the Book of Biker says:

"Two eyes for an eye, two teefus fo' a toof".

From the Book of Biker
Knit 1, Purl 2...

Biker

Rich K
March 31, 2006, 03:01 PM
Amen, Biker. Amen. Thus endeth the sermon for today.:D

Thefabulousfink
March 31, 2006, 03:03 PM
Is that why I see so many toothless bikers riding around:neener:

I shouldn't kid, I am on my way to becoming a biker myself. In fact, if it wasn't raining so hard today I would be moving my bike to my new place (it's only a block away, but the 30mi detour wouldn't be any fun in the rain:( )

TexasRifleman
March 31, 2006, 03:03 PM
If you expect other people to respect our flag, and everything it stands for, we should respect other nation's flags.

Why? In this nation you fly the US flag, in other nations you fly their flags.

I sail, and it is customary to hoist the host nations flag when you visit another port, but you do not fly that flag when you enter US waters, you fly a US flag, even if your vessel is not of US registry. It a sign of respect.

The US flag should fly here, no other. It has nothing to do with respect of another nations customs or heritage, it is a sign of respect that you fly no flag here except Old Glory. Any attempt to fly another nations flag in the US should be met with exactly this kind of response. That offending flag should be taken down. Granted burning it might be a bit much, but the Supremes have said it's OK to burn Old Glory, so there's hardly a legal issue burning someone elses.

You want to fly the Mexican flag, I-20 goes straight to El Paso and you're a short walk to Juarez, or you can take 77 south and it goes straight to Matamoros.

This (being happy about burning Mexico's flag) is sad to see, and it is sad for me to see posts like this here.

Why does it make you sad? Again, removing an offensive flag flying in the US is hardly a slam on anyone's heritage. This is the United States, only one flag flies here.

dasmi
March 31, 2006, 03:04 PM
Works for me.

StopTheGrays
March 31, 2006, 03:08 PM
In the middle of campus there is a statue of a man carrying another man on his back.

Is it a memorial to Soldier/Airman Gi-Joe who carried his wounded comrade to safety? After all, we have like 3 or 4 military bases in the area and about %10 of the students you see on a daily basis are in BDUs or AF Blues.

Hell no.

They are wearing "Mexican" clothing, wading through a river, and the name of the statue is boldly stated:

"Border Crossing"
In the name of Free Speech and all that couldn't someone plant a sign in front of the statue that said:

MEXICO
--------->

and have the arrow on the sign point in the direction they going? If anything, maybe the illegals will get the hint.

ElTacoGrande
March 31, 2006, 03:09 PM
there's hardly a legal issue burning someone elses.

Certainly it's legal. Certainly it's legitimate free expression.

What upsets me is not just that burning the flag shows lack of respect for our neighbors to the south. What upsets me is that it makes me feel that they are trying to express their hatred of not just illegal immigrants, but of Mexico itself. Maybe hatred not just of Mexico but of Mexicans. And that upsets me.

They would be called KKK or Nazis or whatever if they were burning efigees of Mexicans, so they can't do that, but I get the same feeling from it.

Of course that's just me; maybe they love Mexico and Mexicans and are delighted to have legal Mexican immigrants, and all they are doing by burning the Mexican flag is just expressing legimate concern about illegal aliens. Could be!

http://www.3dflags.com/media/icon/classic/m/3dflagsdotcom_mexic_2fawm.gif

dasmi
March 31, 2006, 03:11 PM
Prehaps they should be burning images of our governmental officials instead?

Biker
March 31, 2006, 03:13 PM
That would be *toofless*.:neener:
The Very Reverand Biker

TexasRifleman
March 31, 2006, 03:14 PM
They would be called KKK or Nazis or whatever if they were burning efigees of Mexicans, so they can't do that, but I get the same feeling from it.

You seem to forget how that flag came to be burned in the first place. It's not like it was sitting there and someone decided to torch it.

Why the apologist for it being flown in place of the US flag? Don't take the issue on a detour.
It's OK to tear down the "white guys" flag but not the "minorities" flag? Is that what you are trying to say? I thought we were all one nation here.....

The US flag was torn down to make way for the Mexican flag.

That's not right, and should not be tolerated, not a Mexican flag, not any other nations flag. What happens to the offending flag after it's torn down matters not one bit.

And don't talk about respect. If these folks had any respect for the US then Old Glory would not have been removed in the first place.

Exercise your free speech in Arizona, but don't be surprised if another group exercises theirs too......
It's a 2 way street when you decide to protest something. Be damned sure you know what and why you are protesting.

ball3006
March 31, 2006, 03:24 PM
but I am too cheap to buy one. I have no respect for mexico or mexicans as they have not EARNED MY RESPECT. All they do is break our laws coming here and all mexico wants is our money and right to do business here as they see fit. I am not like alot of folks and give someone respect just for the sake of it. Respect is EARNED, not awarded....chris3

Sindawe
March 31, 2006, 03:25 PM
but the 30mi detour wouldn't be any fun in the rain Whussy. Try 300 miles in the rain, with a few funnel clouds at the end to liven things up. :neener: What upsets me is not just that burning the flag shows lack of respect for our neighbors to the south.When our "honorable" neighbors to the south begin to show some respect for our borders, our laws and our national sovereignty then we can talk.

When their nationals here illegally and our citizen supporters/apologists demonstrate/march/ditch school/block traffic, demanding treatment equal to that of our citizens while waving the flag of a foreign nation, they'll get ZERO respect from me.

Manedwolf
March 31, 2006, 03:25 PM
I sail, and it is customary to hoist the host nations flag when you visit another port, but you do not fly that flag when you enter US waters, you fly a US flag, even if your vessel is not of US registry. It a sign of respect.

+1

But then, it seems like the overwhelming majority of most societies today are wholly ignorant of such arcane subjects as "respect" and "tradition".

STAGE 2
March 31, 2006, 03:28 PM
Good for them!!!!

This will be a great opportunity to see whether the pukes that advocate flag burning actually believe what they say or are just anti-american scum using that issue as a cloak.

Of course they won't support this behavior as they will claim it is "racist" because of the hypocrites they are.

As for being pissed off at mexicans, its totally justifiable. I don't have specific figures, but from everything thats been thrown around on TV over the last couple days at least half of all illegal aliens are mexican.

Add that to the fact that they have taken to the streets en masse with signs that state "this is our land" or "viva la raza" and alike and you have a completely justifiable reason for any feelings of animosity towards mexico and its people.

Manedwolf
March 31, 2006, 03:29 PM

They burned it because it had been hoisted above the flag OF this land in a disgrace to the American flag. You don't do that.

They didn't go just get a flag and burn it. It was a response to a national insult on a flagpole.

The basic question I have for people who would run up that other flag...do they consider themselves Americans...or Mexicans?

You can be one or the other. You can have a society absorb people of all nations. But unless they declare their national identity TO BE America, if they insist on declaring themselves residents of their former country... you don't have a nation. You have a big fractured refugee camp, not a country.

Hawkmoon
March 31, 2006, 03:39 PM
What upsets me is not just that burning the flag shows lack of respect for our neighbors to the south. What upsets me is that it makes me feel that they are trying to express their hatred of not just illegal immigrants, but of Mexico itself. Maybe hatred not just of Mexico but of Mexicans. And that upsets me.
Put it in context, El T. The Mexican flag that was burned had just been raised ABOVE an American flag, on American soil, demonstrating disrespect for the American flag and possibly hatred of Americans. Mayhap the burning of this flag was expressing just a dislike of people who desecrate the American flag.

I might go so far as to venture the suggestion that if people of Mexican extraction don't like seeing thier flag burned, they should consider NOT RAISING IT ABOVE THE AMERICAN FLAG IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. :banghead:

longeyes
March 31, 2006, 03:46 PM

I think it's good that our illegal immigrant friends are venting. Everyone should see exactly what their real feelings are. Nothing better for rousing the opposition we need to deal with this problem. Thank you one and all.

Erebus
March 31, 2006, 03:53 PM
Ever read "8 Steps To Destroy America"? We are well on our way to becoming just another failed country.

http://www.rense.com/general62/destroy.htm

Those kids burned that flag because someone had the audacity to disrespect THIS country by removing OUR flag and replacing it with antoher country's flag.

No matter where that flag was from it should have been removed and burned.

boofus
March 31, 2006, 03:57 PM
Burning the mexican flag is just as constitutional as burning the American flag. Turn about is fair play.

I expect the stars-and-stripes burning commies at the ACLU to start protesting this flag burning however. They are two-faced hypocrites of the worst kind.

eastwood44mag
March 31, 2006, 03:57 PM
I'd have burned it and whizzed on the ashes, but that's just me.:evil:

SIGarmed
March 31, 2006, 03:58 PM
I think it's good that our illegal immigrant friends are venting. Everyone should see exactly what their real feelings are. Nothing better for rousing the opposition we need to deal with this problem. Thank you one and all.

Although I don't like to see it I certainly agree. These protesters may have awoken the sleeping giant. People definately need to see what inaction does.

only1asterisk
March 31, 2006, 04:01 PM
I'm pretty sure you can set the giant's hair on fire and piss it out without waking it.

David

falling leaves
March 31, 2006, 04:14 PM
The flag of one nation is raised over foriegn ground as a sign that it has been taken in war. Raising the flag of Mexico on our soil is, at the very least, a firm statement opposing US sovreignity at that school. If people of Mexican heritage want to display the flag of their old country in their home as a sign of pride, more power to them. If they fly it on a pole however, then they are in effect declaring the ground around it as Mexican soil. Dropping Old Glory and raising the flag of any other nation is, IMO, a declaration of war. The kids that did that are, I am sure, not officers of the Mexican government nor authorized to declare war for that nation, but they definitely need to be taught exactly what it is that they did - preferably in no uncertain terms by some of those great Americans who have taken an oath to defend this country.

Tomcat1066
March 31, 2006, 04:26 PM
US flag goes on top. If anyone does otherwise, then I have NO problem for an appropriate reaction, such as burning.

And for the record, I support people's right to burn a flag. I don't agree with it, but if I want the right to protest, I have to support others right to protest. And that includes burning Mexico's flag!

BURN BABY BURN!!!!:evil:

Tom

Dravur
March 31, 2006, 04:38 PM
first, you whiz on the mexican flag, THEN you burn it hehe

In all seriousness, we need to close the borders, drive out the illegals and take the country back. By force, if necessary.

vynx
March 31, 2006, 04:46 PM
ElTaco Grande; the issue here is not that it is a Mexican Flag - it is that a FOREIGN Flag was raised on USA soil! I would torch that flag if it was Canadian, German, British, etc. ... raising that flag was a sign of disrespect and it was a sign of war whoever raised it was saying this is Mexico or should be Mexico and that is just WRONG!

I like Mexico and Mexicans and other Latino's but if they want to take over the USA and fly the Mexican flag it will be at their funerals.

Ira Aten
March 31, 2006, 04:53 PM
Quote from ElTacoGrande:

"What upsets me is that it makes me feel that they are trying to express their hatred of not just illegal immigrants, but of Mexico itself. Maybe hatred not just of Mexico but of Mexicans. And that upsets me.

Dear ElTacoGrande:

Don't be upset. Those guys don't hate Mexico or Mexicans. What it is, is frustration that they were being accused of racism simply because they had wanted U.S. law upheld.

Then the saw the "Reconquistadores" groups associated with "La Raza" starting to encourage protesters to wear shirts and carry banners with "Plan of San Diego" emblazoned on them while burning the United States flag and it finally depleted their patience.

(The Plan advocated the killing of all Anglo males over the age of sixteen and the overthrow of our government)

But these guys don't hate Mexicans any more than me, and I have been married to my wife for over twenty years; she's Hispanic and I have two kids that are half Irish and half Hispanic. So I don't believe they could lable me Anti-Mexican. (Well I guess someone could, but they would be kind of mistaken)

Anyway, I got upset too when I saw kids walking out of the class rooms I pay for, burning the flag on the school flag pole I pay for, and claiming racism (of all things) while wearing shirts that advocate killing people because they are Non-Hispanic.

So please don't think these guys are racists just because they felt good that the Mexico flag was burned. It is simply frustration.

The folks protesting don't have any idea how badly they are hurting their own cause by taking their frustration out on people that don't have anyting to do with their income or social standing.

If they want to protest thir conditions, Vicente Fox would be the character they need to talk with.

Mexico's President's have been keeping "La Raza" in poverty since Augustine Iturbide first took over. These protesters insulting the only people who have been shown to be willing to help them, are shooting themselves in their own feet. And they won't garner much support wearing "Plan of San Diego" shirts, that's for sure.

One guy suggested since the "Plan" was first discovered a long time ago, that it is insignificant or would be hard to implement. But advocating something like shooting sixteen year old boys just because they are Anglos is kind of insensitive even if the plan was "hatched" long ago in our history.

(Especially when they are supposedly marching against "intolerance" )

Don Gwinn
March 31, 2006, 05:00 PM
One-upmanship regarding in which order one ought to desecrate a flag is not the high road.

That is all.

Soybomb
March 31, 2006, 05:07 PM
Free speech isn't a one way road, this was a very justified form of expression to me.

Nitrogen
March 31, 2006, 05:15 PM
My point being: if you get upset when people burn your flag, don't burn theirs.
Simple as that.

I support the right of any rectum-opening to burn the American Flag, the Mexican flag, or my favorite, the Gadsden flag.

I'm also not a hipocrite. I won't burn another nation's flag if I get upset about people burning my nation's flag. I'm not sure of Mexico's rules of respect reguarding their flag, so I'll just use the ones I know; mine. I won't burn a Mexican flag unless it's in such severe disrepair as to not be flyable.
Not that I'd fly a Mexican flag, anyway.

I look at my behavior and feel it should be an example to others. I wish more people would do the same. I feel it's "The High Road" to take, so to speak.

KriegHund
March 31, 2006, 05:31 PM
I dont see burning their flag as an answer.

But they are fully within their rights to do so.

Travis Lee
March 31, 2006, 05:31 PM
"Por La Raza Todo, Fuera de La Raza Nada"

How dare anyone demand that american citizens tolerate
this hatred coming from the south?

Mexico defends its southern borders from illegal immigrants, WITH THEIR ARMY!
Why is it so unfair that we expect our borders and laws to be respected?

Come legally as a friend, and I welcome you with warm regard.
Come as a criminal, hostile, invading horde and you deserve to be repelled
with force and violence.

Don't tear down my flag, IN MY COUNTRY, and I won't burn yours.

--Travis--

Henry Bowman
March 31, 2006, 05:35 PM
I dont see burning their flag as an answer.I doubt it was intended as an answer. :scrutiny: More of an editorial comment.

lawson
March 31, 2006, 05:38 PM
wow, that's where i went to high school, many years ago.

longeyes
March 31, 2006, 05:38 PM
You can be one or the other. You can have a society absorb people of all nations. But unless they declare their national identity TO BE America, if they insist on declaring themselves residents of their former country... you don't have a nation. You have a big fractured refugee camp, not a country.

Well put: we HAVE become one big refugee camp in many ways.

And when we're not that we seem to be a gigantic international shopping mall.

Not a nation.

That has to change.

Thanks, Mexico, for waking us up.

Cuda
March 31, 2006, 05:44 PM
The sad thing is that these are just stupid kids that don't know the consequences of their actions...

Burn my flag, if you are an "illegal" what right do you have to do that on American soil. Go home please before you find out what Americans really think of you...

C

Nitrogen
March 31, 2006, 05:44 PM
As an American, as a citizen of the best, most powerful nation on Earth, there is lots of hatred directed at my country.

As far as the hatred coming from the south, let them proclaim their hatred for America. I wonder why they want to live here so badly. Do they want to invade, and bring their crappy government with them?

As a citizen of the best, most powerful nation on Earth, I also realise that hatred is never countered with hatred. You'll never stop the gun-grabbers by hating them.
You'll never stop Illegal Aliens by hating them, or being angry.

Hate is a very ugly emotion.

Being a Jew, knowing that less than 100 years ago, MY ancestors were blamed for a nations downfall makes me very sensitive to matters like this.

Ask yourself: Where will you let your hatred and anger take you?

Now i'm not trying to say we should let Illegal Aliens into this country unchecked. We need to fortify our borders and keep people from Illegally entering this country. I'm also of the mind that we should be sending people that are here illegally back. We should be severely punishing any company that hires someone here illegaly.

Watch the hatred, and watch the anger, though. It's led plenty of people down dark roads.

Nitrogen
March 31, 2006, 05:48 PM
Well put: we HAVE become one big refugee camp in many ways.

And when we're not that we seem to be a gigantic international shopping mall.

Not a nation.

That has to change.

Thanks, Mexico, for waking us up.

"When you come to the melting pot, it is not too much to ask that you melt a little."

Jamie C.
March 31, 2006, 05:49 PM
A question:
If Mexico is so great, and these people want to fly the Mexican flag.... why the hell don't they go to, or STAY IN, Mexico???

It makes no sense.... go to a whole new country, 'cause you didn't like the one you left, I presume.... only to start flying that other country's flag?

Ah well... just goes to show how screwed-up some people's thinking is, I suppose...

Anyway... let me know when they start burning MEXICANS in Arizona... That'll be news-worthy.

J.C.

wingman
March 31, 2006, 05:56 PM
Hate is a very ugly emotion.

Agree, however I think what is communicated here is anger not hate. I've lived in the Southwest 30 years and I witness far less discrimination from the angelo side now then I did in the past however what I see now is anger directed toward
America from incoming immigrants,(illegal).

I hope what is happening is that people become aware of what our leaders are doing to this country. The immigration issue is one of the most significant this country will face in coming years. Please write/call your representatives make
them aware of your thoughts on this subject, at this juncture not sure they are listening and if that continues a third party will look increasing good.

shootinstudent
March 31, 2006, 05:56 PM
Being a Jew, knowing that less than 100 years ago, MY ancestors were blamed for a nations downfall makes me very sensitive to matters like this.

Ask yourself: Where will you let your hatred and anger take you?

Good advice indeed.

What gets me is that people fall for the same propaganda over and over...the only thing that changes is the name of the object group. The accusations, methods, and justifications are all the same.

spartacus2002
March 31, 2006, 05:57 PM
A question:
If Mexico is so great, and these people want to fly the Mexican flag.... why the hell don't they go to, or STAY IN, Mexico???

It makes no sense.... go to a whole new country, 'cause you didn't like the one you left, I presume.... only to start flying that other country's flag?

The answer: colonization.

They are recolonizing lands they claim as their own. It's called irredentism.

liberty911
March 31, 2006, 06:01 PM
What no pinatas yet?

xring44
March 31, 2006, 06:23 PM
We here in my neck of the woods have one of the fastest growing Mexican populations in the country. My problem with this new nationality is two fold, #1 they are rude people and # 2 they can't drive, a older gentleman at the local Wal-Mart had this to say about their driving, Them folks couldn't drive a sharp stick up a hogs a**. That about sums it up in my opinion.

The burning of the Mexican flag was only the beginning from a country who will only tolorate so much BS from any invaders.

doublebarrel
March 31, 2006, 06:34 PM
I posted this thread to the Ruger forum, and put some comments of my own there. Don't want to type something new again so I'll just cut and paste here:

--

Here's my take on this: No matter how much I dislike the ILLEGAL immigrants(doesn't have to me Mexican), I respect that country as a nation. I believe any country in the world deserves the same respect, Mexico, US, or my old country where I came from. I would have denounced this act of flag burning like some people in that THR thread. BUT, the story was not someone just went and got a flag, and set it ablaze. It was RAISED on a flagpole ABOVE the US flag, on US SOIL. Like other people said, this is a act of insult of our nation. I view it same as the illegals entering without permission, an invasion that is. Doing nothing about it is like treason, I'd torch it myself if it were me...

I'd say to those people that wasn't born here, you're welcome to come and stay here as an invited, respectful guest(like I was), and we'll extend the warmest hospitality. If you want everything we're having, you can elect to join our famility, through legal steps, and enjoy the benifits of a family member. You have to be willing regard yourself as a member of THIS family. That is, you don't just feast on the private Christmas family dinner, or drive around in dad's car that you didn't pay a penny when it was bought, but also when somebody bullied your little sister, you go kick his butt, and may lose a tooth or two in the fight. If you come uninvited, walk into our living room and start spitting and smearing other disgusting stuff on our ancestors' pictures, well, you'd get what you deserved...

Ira Aten
March 31, 2006, 07:15 PM
"They are recolonizing lands they claim as their own. It's called irredentism."

Actually, after winning Independence from Spain, Mexico did not want anything to do with the Southwest (especially Texas) since the Comanche and Lipan Apaches physically possessed virtually all of it, (all the way down to an area just below the Rio Granded) as late as 1812.

Many people have been misled to believe that somehow, since Spain attempted to establish the Missions Fortresses to try and convert the Indians (Missions they abandoned by the late 1790's) that Mexican Nationals later had a valid claim on the lands of the Southwest.

That is not exactly the case. Both Spain's King Ferdinand and later Mexico's First ruler, Iturbide, wanted Texas colonized by the lower classes as a buffer against Indian depredations.

When the Spaniards were finally gone, Mexico decided to try and colonize the area, for the sole purpose of creating the Frontera, or a buffer zone "front" between them and the Comanches and Apaches, to halt the raids each spring.

Only after Arizpe visited Texas in 1828, and saw the land was not a completely useless desert, did anyone in Mexico's government even realize the Southwest could be made into a productive land. Arizpe saw the North Americans were populating the area much faster than anticipated, and were actually taking large portions away from the Comanches and Apaches.

If anyone has a claim, it is the Comanches and the Apaches. The current "Reconquistadores" movement is based upon extremely poor teaching of history in our schools.

A great source to consider reading, is a book titled "Tejanos & Texas, Under the Mexican Flag, 1821-1836" by Andres Tijerina. It is published by Texas A & M University Press in College Station, Texas.

(I am not trying to be a smart alleck, I am just trying to introduce information that seems to have been bypassed in the argument made by the "Reconquistadores" and a lot of American Colleges history departments)

It is an interesting, eye opening reading when considering the question, who has claim to something they abandoned?

The reconquistidore claims are comparable to a child stumbling across a broken and totally useless toy, looks at it a little while, and discards it since he has no use for it whatsoever.

Then, another kid comes along, and gets interested in fixing it. After fixing it, he starts to use it and sure enough, the first kid comes back and starts kicking and screaming about someone "stealing his toys".

Interestingly, the ownership of land title, (introduced to Tejanos by Spain) is available to anyone today in the Southwest. It just ain't free.

fal 4 me
March 31, 2006, 07:16 PM
It was RAISED on a flagpole ABOVE the US flag, on US SOIL. Like other people said, this is a act of insult of our nation.

Your being too kind. This kind of act is forbidden during peace time.

When flags of two or more nations are displayed, they are to be flown from separate staffs of the same height. The flags should be of approximately equal size. International usage forbids the display of the flag of one nation above that of another nation in time of peace. http://www.wi.net/flag.html

It would appear that putting the Mexican Flag above an upside down U.S. Flag should be considered an act of war.:fire:

BTW, this is my first post here, some of you may recognize me from the firing line:D

Kodiaz
March 31, 2006, 07:22 PM
Warning Off topic wisecrack

Hey Fink why would you trailer your bike for 30 mi. if you just want to take it to a garage a block away??:neener: :neener:

What does rain have to do with putting a motorcycle on a trailer?

Turkey Creek
March 31, 2006, 07:22 PM
Give enough rope to the yoyo's that are marching and proclaiming the taking of part of The United States and turning it into Mexico, and they will hang themselves- These invaders, and that is most certainly what they are, don't have enough brains to not wake up a sleeping giant- Historically this country has always united when threatened from an outside source that is easily identified- I hope these Mexican radicals go all the way and get really pushy, because that will be their demise, for they will light the spark that will ignite the American populace to demand corrective action to the illegal immigration problem from Washington- Hildebeast and her cronies will run for cover and try to put a spin on their recent attempts to semi legalize illegals- This could work out just right, and we can thank the illegals for being incredibly stupid for solving our problem for us-

Ira Aten
March 31, 2006, 07:37 PM
Turkey Creek:
You know what is interesting. It really isn't the Illegal Aliens claiming all this "reconquistadores" BS.

It is the left wing revisionist history socialists, that will do anyting to try and antagonize Americans.

The illegals are mainly just here wanting to work. But the pencil necked college elitists have managed to make almost three quarters of the population believe in a total myth. And they are making people angry at illegals, and the instigators are at the damndable Universities and High Schools we pay for, telling the kids that you, me, and every other Anglo, is a jerk, including themselves.

That's how you get all the bleeding hearts talking about how "ashamed" they are of their history, and most of it comes out of Berkley and the other professional complainers in Hollywood.

longeyes
March 31, 2006, 07:49 PM
Turkey Creek:
You know what is interesting. It really isn't the Illegal Aliens claiming all this "reconquistadores" BS.

It is the left wing revisionist history socialists, that will do anyting to try and antagonize Americans.

The illegals are mainly just here wanting to work. But the pencil necked college elitists have managed to make almost three quarters of the population believe in a total myth. And they are making people angry at illegals, and the instigators are at the damndable Universities and High Schools we pay for, telling the kids that you, me, and every other Anglo, is a jerk, including themselves.

That's how you get all the bleeding hearts talking about how "ashamed" they are of their history, and most of it comes out of Berkley and the other professional complainers in Hollywood.

Not entirely. There are a lot of propagandists, including those in the Mexican government, pitching this line, not just leftist "intellectuals" in either country.

And the pro-illegal "raza" types in Spanish language media here--not exactly intellectuals--are pushing this too.

This is "somos carnales" ethnos-binding stuff.

MTMilitiaman
March 31, 2006, 08:18 PM
"Por La Raza Todo, Fuera de La Raza Nada"

How dare anyone demand that american citizens tolerate
this hatred coming from the south?

Mexico defends its southern borders from illegal immigrants, WITH THEIR ARMY!
Why is it so unfair that we expect our borders and laws to be respected?

Come legally as a friend, and I welcome you with warm regard.
Come as a criminal, hostile, invading horde and you deserve to be repelled
with force and violence.

Don't tear down my flag, IN MY COUNTRY, and I won't burn yours.

--Travis--

+1, Amen and kudos. I couldn't have said it better myself.

You mean like they first disrespected my nation and people? The nation and people they sneaked into like criminals in the night for refuge, to use our resources at our expense? If Mexicans dwelling illegally in the United States blantantly disrespect my country and show their hated and utter disregard for its laws and sovereignty, then they should not expect my sympathy when they are in turn hated and disrespected.

If they are so proud of their country that they wish to fly their flag over mine, they can leave my country and go to theirs. But tearing down the American flag, advocating violent take over, and parading in American streets with Mexican flags is not the proper course of action to take if you want a warm welcome.

If you can show enough respect to enter this country legally, respect our laws, sovereignty, and traditions, and become a legal, upstanding citizen and contributing member of society, then I and most Americans will welcome you with open arms. We will fight and bleed alongside of you as an American to protect your rights as an American and a human being. But you must show enough respect first of my country and of me to come here the right way and do the right thing, and you must identify yourself first as an American and secondly as a Mexican. Otherwise, you are and always will be a criminal and a foreign invader and you will and should rightly so be loathed and treated as such.

longeyes
March 31, 2006, 09:09 PM
D.C. is a gigantic spectacle of treachery and ineptitude.

It's the U.S Government that is increasingly looking both alien and illegal.

Standing Wolf
March 31, 2006, 09:28 PM
If anyone has a claim, it is the Comanches and the Apaches.

Signing peace treaties with the great white father tends to have long term repercussions, some of which make warefare look positively fun.

Ryder
March 31, 2006, 09:40 PM
ElTacoGrande,

We have people around here who fly non-US flags in front of their homes. Nobody takes offense. You just flew a Mexican flag in your post, nobody cared. That is your space, you are free to do as you want with it. We do not go around invading other people's spaces however. For example, if you edited my post to add anything there I would be offended. If my neighbor plants a flag in my yard I would be offended.

It's not about the nationality of the flag, it's how it is used.

That flag at that school was trespassing. Burning was not disrepectful. It is in fact one of the few officially respectful procedures to dispose of our own national flag.

Pramunitus
March 31, 2006, 10:32 PM
There is a precise legal term for taking down a sovereign nation's flag and replacing it with another.

It's called "An Act of War."

There's another precise legal term for citizens defending this action.

It's called "Treason."

If you doubt either, you need to read your history lessons again.

Waitone
March 31, 2006, 11:14 PM
How many of you grey hairs out there are getting a sense of deja vue all over again.

The well planned widely dispersed demonstrations make me nostalgic for 1967 when the same stuff was going on. Hint: next phase is widespread but lowkey violence.

Reddog1
March 31, 2006, 11:22 PM
Let a group of people, speeeking anti-american crap
and waving a foriegn flag, come down some of these
dirt roads where myself and a lot of other good ol' boys
live and watch the SHTF. Tired of people from other
nations telling us how we should live and what we are
allowed to have. Keep trying to step on us and we will
put you in a world of shi*. BEWARE OF THE SLEEPING GIANT

Gun Geezer
March 31, 2006, 11:42 PM
:barf: If you expect other people to respect our flag, and everything it stands for, we should respect other nation's flags.

Romans 12:19:
Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"says the Lord.

Matthew 7:12:
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

It scares me how much New Testamant I know, being Jewish.

==========================================================
Why should I respect their flag? Most of Mexico I have seen (and that is a lot) is not much more than a sespool. The gov is corrupt. The police are corrupt. Their people are... Well let's just stop there for now.

Mexican flags belong in MEXICO, not Arizona!

If I fly my flag on their soil they should take it down and burn it. Do unto other works just fine for me on this one.

Burn their sticking flag and send them packing south. I am sick and darn tired of non-english speaking wets filling up the emergency rooms, school rooms, etc around here. They don't pay their way and they thumb their collective noses at us.

Gun Geezer
March 31, 2006, 11:50 PM
Quote:
there's hardly a legal issue burning someone elses.

Certainly it's legal. Certainly it's legitimate free expression.

Of course that's just me; maybe they love Mexico and Mexicans and are delighted to have legal Mexican immigrants, and all they are doing by burning the Mexican flag is just expressing legimate concern about illegal aliens. Could be!
==========================================================

Don't get your fellings all hurt there Big Taco!

I have lot's of friends that are many colors. But NONE of them is african-american, mexican-american, asian-american, etc. Get my drift? They are all AMERICANS period just like me!

If you our anyone else wants to be FROM Mexico that's just great. Once they get here LEGALLY they should go to work on those citizenship papers like the law says and BE AN AMERICAN.

But, if anyone wants to commit a crime by swiming the river or hopping a fence to get here, join Laraza (sp?), threaten to take back the southwest, and fly any flag other than the Stars and Stripes then there IS going to be a problem!:banghead:

Ira Aten
March 31, 2006, 11:55 PM
Quote from Standing Wolf

"Signing peace treaties with the great white father tends to have long term repercussions, some of which make warefare look positively fun."

Dear Standing Wolf:

Yes sir, the United States didn't keep their word much, but then again neither side kept many promises during the Indian wars. But regarding the Comanches, not many treaties were actually agreed to for the U.S. to break with them, since they preferred to fight.

They did make one major formal agreement that I recall, which was to bring in all captives held by the Comanches in Central and Northern Texas to the "Council House" meeting in San Antonio in May, 1840.

They only brought in one captive though, which was Matilda Lockhart since she was to be traded for goods.

She had not been adopted by any of "The People" like Cynthia Ann Parker, and she suffered some pretty hideous wounds during her captivity. Most of her nose was burned down to the bone so the Texans were kind of hacked off at the first sight of her injuries and the meeting got off to a bad start.

(The Comanche enjoyed tying victims down and stuffing burning coals up their nostrils. Matilda's cousin, Rachel Plummer who was found a few years later, suffered even more horribly after having the flesh of her feet cut down to the bone, so she would not run away)

When asked where the other fifteen captives were, Muk-wah-ruh of the Peneteka Comanche Band told the interpreter he did not have them and they "were now with other bands that refused to come in."

He then made the mistake of asking the interpreter, the question (which started the famous Council House fight) " How did he like the answer ???"

The Texan interpreter relayed the statement verbatim, and that is when the fight broke out, and about fifteen Indians and seven Texans were killed in the running battle down what is now Commerce Street in downtown San Antonio. The Texans captured about thirty Comanches, and held them for a while, but most escaped over time.

But not many treaties were agreed to with Comanches for the Great White Father to break, since the Comanches pretty much fought the Rangers and later the U.S. Cavalry until the last bands finally surrendered with Quanah Parker after the last big battle, which was the one at Adobe Walls.

It was a horrible time indeed for both sides.

Art Eatman
April 1, 2006, 01:07 AM
Yes the topic is of interest to many people. That doesn'tnecessarily translate to THR material.

There's been enough harumphing, here. If you want to continue, take it to APS.

Art

If you enjoyed reading about "Mexican Flag Burned in Arizona" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!