Activists working to 'paralyze' U.S.

PDA

Desertdog
March 31, 2006, 11:48 PM
Things could get very rough if they do this.

Activists working to 'paralyze' U.S.
Organizers of L.A. rally now plan mass action to disrupt economy
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49530

Rally in Phoenix March 24 protested bill to tighten border security (Courtesy Arizona Republic)
The coalition that organized an estimated 500,000 marchers in Los Angeles to protest immigration reform announced its next mass action is "an economic and labor boycott that will paralyze the U.S. economy."

The radical separatist publication La Voz de Aztlan, the Voice of Aztlan, said the proposed boycott is in response to a "racist" measure in Congress.

The House has passed a bill to tighten border security, but President Bush broadly supports rival legislation being debated in the Senate that contains a guest-worker proposal.

Coalition member Roberto Reveles of "Unidos en Arizona" said his group will host a "summit meeting" April 8 and 9 in Phoenix to work out details of the boycott.

The boycott is scheduled for May 1, the Day of the International Solidarity of Workers, or May 5, the Cinco de Mayo celebration.

Armando Navarro, coordinator of the National Alliance for Human Rights, said, "We are living through very dangerous times and we must take advantage of the moment. If we just sit and wait to see what happens, everything we have accomplished so far may go to waste. That is why we must continue the struggle to once and for all defeat that racist (House) proposal."

In Phoenix, an estimated 10,000 to 12,000 participated in a march and rally last Saturday.

"What occurred on March 24 is a consequence of the people being tired of the treatment we are receiving," Reveles said. "The first step has already been taken, we organized ourselves and have completed the first phase, now we have to prepare for the second."

Reveles said the activists "will not rest" until they see the House bill defeated.

"We are sure that the preparations we make at the summit will lead us to victory," he said. "We are united and only united will we be victorious."

La Voz de Aztlan said the two-day summit will be attended by Mexican-American and other Latino groups from Nevada, Texas, Wisconsin, Washington, New York, Chicago, California and other states.

Representatives from Mexico, Central and South America also will attend.

Navarro said the "international boycott" counts on the support of the consulates of Bolivia, Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia, Cuba and Mexico, along with Mexican labor organizations.

"We have to demonstrate to the nation, one more time, that its economic stability depends on us," Navarro said. "I am sure that our sister nations of Latin America, who are also tired of the situation, will unite with us.

The professor concluded: "That is why we will celebrate May 1, 'Day of the Worker,' with labor strikes, no purchases and go out and march. Soon they will see the impact we will have!"

As WorldNetDaily reported, one of the organizers of the L.A. rally was the Mexica Movement, which already has decided it is the "non-indigenous," white, English-speaking U.S. citizens of European descent who have to leave what they call "our continent."

Both Rep. James Sensebrenner, R-Wis., chairman of the House Judiciary Committee and a proponent of tougher border security, and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger were caricatured as Nazis by the group on its posters and banners.

The group insists the indigenous people of the continent were the victims of genocide – a campaign of extermination that killed, according to one citation, 95 percent of their population, or 33 million people. Another citation on the same website claims the toll was 70 million to 100 million.

The only solution, says the Mexica Movement, is to expel the invaders of the last 500 years, force them to pay reparations and return the continent to its rightful heirs.

The platform of the group illustrates the diverse – and sometimes extreme – agendas of those participating in the mass mobilizations that have been seen largely as protests against efforts to curb illegal immigration.

The Mexica Movement has big issues with many other equally radical groups participating in the massive, united-front rallies, include the separatist Aztlan Movement.

Aztlan, the mythical birthplace of the Aztecs, is regarded in Chicano folklore as an area that includes California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico and parts of Colorado and Texas. The movement seeks to create a sovereign, Spanish-speaking state, "Republica del Norte," or the Republic of the North, that would combine the American Southwest with the northern Mexican states and eventually merge with Mexico.

La Voz de Aztlan identifies Mexicans in the U.S. as "America's Palestinians." Many Mexicans see themselves as part of a transnational ethnic group known as "La Raza," the race. A May editorial on the website, with a dateline of Los Angeles, Alta California, declares that "both La Raza and the Palestinians have been displaced by invaders that have utilized military means to conquer and occupy our territories."

Others in the coalition hope to see a "reconquest" of the American southwest by Mexico. This would not likely take place through military action, they say, but rather through a slow process of migration – both legal and illegal.

If you enjoyed reading about "Activists working to 'paralyze' U.S." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Legion1776
March 31, 2006, 11:53 PM
I hope they do something. Then let's lable them as terrorists and assert that we now need our second ammendment right more than ever considering these criminal invaders are now 20 million strong and in every nook and cranny of our communities.

R.H. Lee
March 31, 2006, 11:54 PM
I, for one, hope they're successful and do some damage. This country deserves it, and more, for failing to protect its borders, language and culture. People need a wake up call.

Standing Wolf
March 31, 2006, 11:56 PM
La Voz de Aztlan identifies Mexicans in the U.S. as "America's Palestinians."

They'll start recruiting suicide bombers mañana.

Art Eatman
March 31, 2006, 11:56 PM
If they do indeed disrupt the economy, what happens to these low-end jobs? Whence cometh their money?

Calls to mind, "He'd cut off his nose to spite his face."

Illegals are 5% of the workforce, or some 7 million. Other than homebuilding, they're predominantly in low-end jobs; mostly in restaurants. That's gonna be serious disruption?

Art

boofus
April 1, 2006, 12:34 AM
You'll be singing a different tune when your front yard's grass is 4 feet high, you can't get a decent taco anywhere, and you gotta move your furniture yourself. :neener:

But yeah I think employers would more than likely fire the ones that don't show up and just find more unskilled labor that needs the cash to replace them.

NCP24
April 1, 2006, 12:39 AM
You'll be singing a different tune when your front yard's grass is 4 feet high, you can't get a decent taco anywhere, and you gotta move your furniture yourself. Oh the horror!!!

KriegHund
April 1, 2006, 12:40 AM
I was thinking along the exact same lines as Art Eatman. (Actually i was thinking, can they hold out long enough? Do they need us more then we need them?)

Let 'em do it. Theyll be screwing themselves over first. And giving us legal civilians a wake up call.

Zundfolge
April 1, 2006, 12:49 AM
You'll be singing a different tune when your front yard's grass is 4 feet high, you can't get a decent taco anywhere, and you gotta move your furniture yourself.

I mow my own grass and move my own furniture ... and I can get a decent taco at Chipotle if I decide I want one.

Sindawe
April 1, 2006, 12:53 AM
You'll be singing a different tune when your front yard's grass is 4 feet high, you can't get a decent taco anywhere, and you gotta move your furniture yourself. Fine by me, I LIKE tallgrass prairie. About the tacos; you mean *I'LL* stop cooking for myself and someone else will do it? HUZZAHHH!! And for the furniture, well all of it that I own I already move it myself anyway, since 99% of it can be broken down for moving. :neener:

Art Eatman
April 1, 2006, 12:58 AM
In Phoenix, if you want your yard to be green, get a can of paint and have at it. Paint that gravel green...

Art

Car Knocker
April 1, 2006, 12:59 AM
I think that these protesters will find that a walkout will only solidify voters' opinion against them.

Crosshair
April 1, 2006, 01:10 AM
You'll be singing a different tune when your front yard's grass is 4 feet high, you can't get a decent taco anywhere, and you gotta move your furniture yourself.

I do all 3 of those things myself. How is this going to disrupt me. Oh Noes, I'll have to pay $2.50 for head of lettuce instead of $1.39.

Nitrogen
April 1, 2006, 01:12 AM
World Net Daily is the right wing equivilant of The Daily Worker, outpaced only by newsmax. I'm not too worried about this happening. Yet.

If I start seeing other sources, that is.

KriegHund
April 1, 2006, 01:14 AM
That argument that illlegal immigrants do the job americans wont do is utter an pure bull crap.

Americans will do it- but if you dont pay us a decent wage for doing it we're gonna try and get a decent wage. We're smart enough not to work for 50 cents a day- and its been like that long before minimum wage.

longeyes
April 1, 2006, 01:38 AM
Southern California is desert. We need to xeroscape, not landscape. Gardeners are a symptom of the problem.

Let them "paralyze." I think we need to see the face of the enemy clear, ugly, and upfront.

longeyes
April 1, 2006, 01:41 AM
I know Hollywood--let's take Hollywood and Western for starters--needs urban renewal. It's a major illegal alien encampment. I say bring in the tanks to clear the old for the new.

beerslurpy
April 1, 2006, 01:48 AM
If those little Aztlan pricks start doing actual newsworthy damage to America, they will learn that they are not Americas Palestinians, but America's Pinatas.

Remember, Martin Luther King didnt advocate non-violence because he was a wussy, he did it because he realized that blacks would lose a shooting war.

I hope that these militant mexican groups dont figure this out until it is too late. I am surprised that the FBI hasnt installed agent provocateurs in those raza/aztlan groups yet. Isnt that standard FBI operating procedure?

NCP24
April 1, 2006, 01:48 AM
Illegal aliens are tantamount to slaves and people who take advantage of them should at the very least be ashamed. IMO the activist should be marching against those who capitalize on cheap unskilled and often uneducated people (I suspect this will be phase two).

I guarantee a few years down the road we will see a rebirth of (Hispanic) unions not to mention a boatload of discrimination lawsuits/ labor laws.
Nothing is free and sooner or later the table will turn.

ElTacoGrande
April 1, 2006, 01:55 AM
Hey if all the illegals in Sothern California just took a few days off work at the same time, we would learn the meaning of "paralyzed".

NCP24
April 1, 2006, 01:58 AM
Hey if all the illegals in Sothern California just took a few days off work at the same time, we would learn the meaning of "paralyzed".That sounds like a National Security issue to me.

longeyes
April 1, 2006, 01:59 AM
Nothing could be better. We'll know who the illegals are and we'll know who the "whiners" are. Good information for Later.

CAnnoneer
April 1, 2006, 02:10 AM
Let the crazies do as much damage as they want - they have been very effective in alienating (excuse the pun) any and all sympathy in all but the most leftist and deluded circles. Extremism would lose the political war, and they certainly cannot win the shooting war (yet).

NCP24
April 1, 2006, 02:39 AM
Let the crazies do as much damage as they want - they have been very effective in alienating (excuse the pun) any and all sympathy in all but the most leftist and deluded circles. Extremism would lose the political war, and they certainly cannot win the shooting war (yet).Your right they can't win that way, I suspect they'll use congress and the courts to advance their agenda.

Chad
April 1, 2006, 04:31 AM
If those little Aztlan pricks start doing actual newsworthy damage to America, they will learn that they are not Americas Palestinians, but America's Pinatas.

Great comment to wake up to! :D

That argument that illlegal immigrants do the job americans wont do is utter an pure bull crap.
That's true, but Condoleezza Rice making that argument on the evening news only makes more people believe it.

gunsmith
April 1, 2006, 05:27 AM
The Mexican gov't is a corrupt, racist bog.
It shows how stupid the protesters are to protest our own
imperfect gov't, When the The Mexican gov't is nearly all lilly white European stock.
(as is the Mexican entertainment media) The Mexican gov't uses violent repression on it's southern border to keep other illegals from getting their own share of the American Pie.

Why can't these wannabe Maoist see that all they are doing is helping the Agri business and Hotel and Construction giants keep the prevailing illegal wage below subsistence?

Keeping illegal aliens in a slave like existence encourages crime and exacerbates misery.

The Democrats and RINO's beholden to big biz interest need to put on trial for perpetuating slavery.

Fox and most of Mexico's pampered political piggies have ignored the needs of the 40 percent of Mexico's 101 million people who exist in unforgiving poverty. Instead, the elite enjoy a sybaritic lifestyle nurtured by fat salaries, bountiful bonuses, generous perks and luxurious travel abroad.

the protesters need to go to Mexico and fix their own back yard and stop breaking our laws

nonquixote
April 1, 2006, 08:26 AM
The situation with the illegals burns me up too, but one thing that worries me about stirring this particular pot is the risk of unintended consequences, i.e. our outrage could be another stone paving the way to a Federal ID "Your papers please." state. If the issue is addressed by securing the border and/or prosecuting the people that hire illegals, fine. But I guess I see this issue, along with most other issues where "Something's gotta be done!" as an opportunity for the government to grab more power.

Nonq

Kodiaz
April 1, 2006, 09:13 AM
You aren't kidding about another power grab. It's pretty funny how F-troop suddenly decided that gunsmithing is manufacturing. While we were all looking at the illegal problem.

Waitone
April 1, 2006, 09:39 AM
Actually, I think they're on to something. Minor modifications to the plan will really get the power elites attention.

Instead of the 5% illegal workers going on strike. How 'bout the 95% legal, taxpaying and voting workers strike. Then call their appropriate congressional representative and tell them they are on strike, why they are on strike, and what the rep is expected to do.

You wanna play power politics? As we say in the south, "Wha chiss"

Capital Punishment
April 1, 2006, 09:45 AM
I hope they do strike, America will see why we need to CONTROL our borders. :mad:

Furthermore, i hope they riot and try to break into some gun nuts house. :evil:

1911 guy
April 1, 2006, 10:00 AM
Hardly. Jose and Ramon don't show up for work, there will be several college kids standing in line to get the job for minimum wage. Illegals do not do work others won't do, they steal jobs for an untennable wage. Our economy may cough for a few days, but don't worry, everything will be open again in a few days and your neighbors will have jobs again. Don't fall for the propaganda.

BenW
April 1, 2006, 10:02 AM
Frankly, I'm getting sick and tired of all this blowhard "day without a Mexican" nonsense.

How about a "day without anybody except for illegal immigrants" day? You wanna see real economic paralysis and chaos? Let the rest of us all take the same day off work.

Biker
April 1, 2006, 10:07 AM
An effort is being made to promote a a day without Americans.

www.thedustininmansociety.com/blog/?p=98

Biker

Art Eatman
April 1, 2006, 10:38 AM
Folks vented enough? I'm getting a fair suppply of, "Hey, off topic for THR!" on these threads about illegals, and it's hard to argue with that.

Vent on APS.

Art

If you enjoyed reading about "Activists working to 'paralyze' U.S." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!