Kahr Thumb? Sharp mags

PDA

JackDRipper
April 20, 2003, 12:56 PM
Anyone else get cut on sharp kahr mag lips when loading them? Ran 150 rounds through 2 mags (6 and 7 rounders) the other day and ended up with a bloody thumb. Ouch! JR

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr Thumb? Sharp mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bikeguy
April 20, 2003, 01:05 PM
Never been cut, but got mighty sore! Also watch that slide lock. Ouch!

Greybeard
April 20, 2003, 01:11 PM
From mag size indicated, ya must have a PM9. Yea, mine pretty stiff, but no blood yet. They should get a little easier as more broken in. FWIW, I find it often helps to stabilize the base by putting on bench or next to belly for those last couple ...

Or ya may just have to break down and get some kind of loading tool ... I can't remember just now, but next time at range office, I'll try to get ya the mgr. of a little widget that slips on weak hand thumb and helps to take pressure off while slipping in with strong hand ... They come 3 to a package - for different thumb sizes.

cratz2
April 20, 2003, 01:29 PM
Both my mags are fairly smooth though the last couple rounds are hard-ish to load. Might break down and use something like a fine ceramic rod to break any particularly sharp edges. Go easy though. ;)

Greybeard
April 20, 2003, 02:32 PM
Made a quick trip out to range office feed the cat his Easter dinner. Looked this up too: www.magloader.com We keep a set in the firing room for wussies. ;)

JackDRipper
April 20, 2003, 07:09 PM
We keep a set in the firing room for wussies

Didn't think I was a wussie! JR

Greybeard
April 20, 2003, 11:13 PM
Ya just left yourself too open for that one. ' Could not help but ribbin' a little. Hope the tips or link get ya unblooded. :)

PCRCCW
April 21, 2003, 06:28 PM
Guys if you think this is bad..the bloody/sore thumb thing.....
Just wait until you clean your mags.....BA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
:what:
Kahr designed these mags to sell ALOT more little mag parts....kidding! It sure seems like it anyway...the mags springs in the 40 mags are longer/stronger than ANY hi cap springs Ive got...the first time I got the baseplate off of one.....I had a bruise on my forehead from the spring and plastic springplate....I never did find the springplate (Its with the socks you lose doing laundry!)
Getting them togethor is a story all by itself.....
Shoot well.:neener:

JackDRipper
April 21, 2003, 10:45 PM
Shot a couple more boxes today and no bloody thumb, just more careful when loading.
Sounds like I don't want to take apart any Kahr mags.
JR

coop57
April 22, 2003, 04:02 PM
The P9 is my carry gun. The mag lips can actually put deep score lines in the brass of the top round. It is important to rotate the ammo in these mags every so often.

braindead0
April 22, 2003, 04:09 PM
The P9 is my carry gun.

Oh, so the sharp edges are a backup weapon..I see.. :evil:

mini14jac
April 22, 2003, 04:31 PM
I noticed the sharp mag lips on my MK9 and PM9 mags.
Pop the wire brush attachment into a Dremel tool, and spend a few minutes lightly buffing the edges of the lips.

No more bloodshed!

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr Thumb? Sharp mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!