range report 870rem

PDA

_N4Z_
April 2, 2006, 02:05 PM
I bought my 870 Express while stationed at Ft. Sill in 1988. Was a no frills with 29" beaded full choke barrel. In those days it took more than its share of quail and dove. I've had this shotgun longer than any other forearm I've owned.

Few years back I bought a Remington 21" rifle sight improved cylinder barrel for it. I've put many 00's thru this barrel at the range, but never tried any slugs.

Well this past weekend I took a handful of 2 3/4 Rem Sluggers with and was really suprised at what I saw. At 50 yards I made two separate 1.5" 3 shot groups using my rang bag as a rest. Now that is best guess estimate as the paper was pretty tore up, but damn close. I'm a pretty happy camper with this old workhorse. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "range report 870rem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "range report 870rem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!