Benelli or Bernardelli ?

PDA

schmeky
April 2, 2006, 04:48 PM
I am going to buy either a Benelli B-76 or a Bernardelli P-018. I owned a B-76 many years ago and liked it a lot. I think both of these are beautiful examples of Italian firearms design.

Does anyone have any experience with, exposure to, have owned, or currently own either of these? I wonder which one would retain their value better in the long haul?

Please don't suggest a Sig, or Glock, or something else. I have a very good handgun collection and one of these 2 Italians will be added soon. Can't have both (right now at least).

I know one holds 8 rounds while the other holds 16, but mag capacity is not an issue here. Accuracy, ergonomics, smooth lock works, and overall "wow" factors are prime criteria.

I would really appreciate your opinions. Thanx.

If you enjoyed reading about "Benelli or Bernardelli ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scbair
April 3, 2006, 08:20 AM
I can't speak to the ergonomics of the Bernardelli you reference, but do own an old Bernardelli Model 80 (.22 LR); it's both reliable and extremely accurate.

I do own a 1980s vintage Benelli M76 (with which you are already familiar). Aside from it's dislike of every JHP I've tried in it, it is "golden." It's 100% reliable with every 115 gr. FMJ I've tried. As a range gun/plinker, that's OK by me. I once won a metallic handgun silhouette match, using this pistol. 100-meter rams were toast! Its accuracy (for a service-grade 9mm semiauto) is spectacular! Its ergonomics are also about the best I've ever experienced.

jwerlc
April 3, 2006, 10:57 AM
Not a bad starting price, either.

BlkHawk73
April 3, 2006, 11:06 AM
I foolishly passed on a Benelli years ago. One of the best feeling guns I've ever held. Great ergonomics. Don't hear much about them. Last year, I again missed a very good chance at one unfired with box, etc. :fire: Someday. There's always some on Gunbroker by the same person trying to unload them for over a year now. Won't budge on price at all. At one point I looked into spre parts - just in case - and well, if it breaks, good luck. Benelli USA wont offer any assistance with them.

albanian
April 3, 2006, 05:14 PM
I had the Benelli B-76 in 9mm. Never shot JHPs but FMJs worked 100%. Very well made and nice looking but you know that. Mine wasn't show stopper accurate but it was good. Loved the ergos and the grip angle.

As for the Bernadelli, I passed on a NIB one for $300 at a gunstore that was going out of business. It came with two hi-caps and this was during the ban. I really liked the way it looked and felt in my hand but at the time I had never heard of the company and didn't know if it was a quality gun or a cheap import. My used to tell me that Italian guns were some of the worst guns made. He also thought Spanish guns were junk. I now see that he was wrong about both but for a long time I believed what he said. My Beretta 92FS is one of my most trusted pistols and I own several Stars that are great.

horge
April 3, 2006, 06:46 PM
Hi! :)

Bernardelli is a Turkish pistol line, manufactured and marketed by SARSILMAZ.
http://www.sarsilmaz.com/

Benelli is the rather better-known Italian firearm maker.
http://www.benelli.it/Home.asp?Lan=EN

They've supposedly subcontracted parts-manufacture out to SARSILMAZ occasionally,
Other Italian firms, like Tanfoglio (Americans might know them better as 'EAA'), also
resort to SARSILMAZ for manufacturing.

hth!
:) :) :)
horge

tracer
April 4, 2006, 07:35 AM
If you buy the B76,get an owner's manual!Disassembly is not for the faint of heart.

If you enjoyed reading about "Benelli or Bernardelli ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!