NRA Grades for politicians...

PDA

280PLUS
April 3, 2006, 07:07 AM
Can anyone link me to a page where those NRA "grades" are listed for the pols? Specifically for Connecticut. I did a few minutes worth of searching but came up empty.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "NRA Grades for politicians..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Don't Tread On Me
April 3, 2006, 07:27 AM
Blue states generally yield quite a few low grades. There are some diamonds in the rough, but they are often reps of some low population rural county with zero political clout.

Try the NRA-ILA site. They have that info.

Edited to add: I'm not sure it's on that site...I searched too, going to try GOA - I'm pretty sure they do. I think the NRA does the grades prior to elections (could be mistaken).

280PLUS
April 3, 2006, 07:41 AM
Thanks much, I found it. They managed to hide it pretty well though.

:D

Just FYI:

http://www.nrapvf.org/Elections/State.aspx?y=2004&State=CT

Don't Tread On Me
April 3, 2006, 07:50 AM
The GOA grades are right on their main page. I prefer those - they are more accurate as GOA is far less compromising. They have a more "purist" view of the 2nd Amendment.

Sometimes the NRA grades can be pretty bad. To be fair, they often reflect a politicians record at the time. Al Gore had a good grade when he was Senator from TN. Then look at his stance on the 2nd Amendment as soon as he didn't have to appeal to a pro-gun constituency anymore....pretty bad.

Now, the worst is when the NRA downright commits cronyism and gives a politician a very favorable grade when they don't deserve it. Sometimes they've been wrong, othertimes it is the NRA just "playing the game"...you have to give a little before you can take. Politics can be filthy. The NRA understands that to play ball, you have to compromise some places or do what seems to be not ideal at times.

While there is MUCH criticism and complaint about the NRA due to our RKBA generally being more and more erroded, they are by far the most savvy and capable at working Washington. The other groups are just mouths, the NRA is muscle.

boofus
April 3, 2006, 11:01 AM
Howard Dean had an A from the NRA but I have no doubts if he got in the oval office he would be taking orders from brady, feinstein, schumer, kennedy, pelosi, boxer and their like.

Bartholomew Roberts
April 3, 2006, 11:08 AM
Actually GOA grades can be off pretty badly too because they only reflect the most recent votes. There were a couple of Senators with horrible GOA grades who really stood up for us during the AWB debate. One nice thing about GOA grades though is that they don't hand out As very easily.

The NRA, in contrast, will often give a borderline incumbent who is likely to win a higher grade just in hopes of currying favor with the politician and so they can claim a big win after the election. I don't know that this helps voters identify pro-gun candidates.

280PLUS
April 3, 2006, 09:56 PM
I had pre-election conversations with my local Republican candidate Catherine Marx. She has been given an A- by the NRA. She seemed to be more of a fence sitter on the subject and did her best to steer around it. I was not confident that she deserved that A- but I believe she got it mostly because local incumbent Democrat Edith Prague only had a C+ IIRC and giving Marx that A- may have been their way of trying to get some voters to go her way and against Prague. Prague won by a 2 to1 ratio anyways. She's going to be a tough one to unseat.

If you enjoyed reading about "NRA Grades for politicians..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!