Arrest Warrant Sought for Rep. McKinney

PDA

mcg-doc
April 3, 2006, 06:14 PM
U.S. Capitol Police on Monday asked a federal prosecutor to approve an arrest warrant for Rep. Cynthia McKinney after she tangled with a uniformed officer last week.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060403/ap_on_go_co/mckinney_scuffle

Any guesses of the type of defense she will use?

If you enjoyed reading about "Arrest Warrant Sought for Rep. McKinney" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GTSteve03
April 3, 2006, 06:33 PM
Insanity, no doubt.

Us Georgians have known that for quite awhile now. ;)

larry starling
April 3, 2006, 06:35 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer <person>......Hope they get her and she serves some hard time.:evil:

mcg-doc
April 3, 2006, 06:46 PM
Boortz:Rep. McKinney "looks like a ghetto slut"

http://mediamatters.org/items/200603310005

2TransAms
April 3, 2006, 07:05 PM
McKinney, 51, scuffled with a police officer on March 29 when she entered a House office building without her identifying lapel pin and did not stop when asked. Several police sources said the officer, who was not identified, asked her three times to stop. When she kept going, he placed a hand somewhere on her and she hit him, according to the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

McKinney issued a statement of regret for the incident but no apology. She and her lawyers have repeatedly declared that she was a victim of inappropriate touching and racism and said they were considering pursuing civil action against the officer.

Asked Monday why she didn't stop as the uniformed officer asked, McKinney framed the matter in terms of race.

"The issue is racial profiling," she said on CNN's "The Situation Room."

The issue is racism? The issue is improper touching? Let's read this again...

McKinney, 51, scuffled with a police officer on March 29 when she entered a House office building without her identifying lapel pin and did not stop when asked. Several police sources said the officer, who was not identified, asked her three times to stop. When she kept going, he placed a hand somewhere on her and she hit him, according to the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Something tells me I couldn't get away with that...

ken grant
April 3, 2006, 07:08 PM
My post was removed! It didn't even have cussing in it!:confused:

ArmedBear
April 3, 2006, 07:10 PM
Any guesses of the type of defense she will use?

Guesses? Don't we already know?

They issued her this when she went to DC.

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/images/cmracecard.jpg

Credit http://www.michellemalkin.com/

PATH
April 3, 2006, 07:33 PM
As I have said before this will all come to naught and will be quickly squashed.
The law applies to some but not to others. Bet the house on it.

KriegHund
April 3, 2006, 07:36 PM
"She has our support unconditionally," Elligan said. "She is not a threat to the security of our country.

Whats that have to do with anything?

She still struck an officer. Sounds like assualt...

But, her being a 'minority' and a politician, wasnt arrested on the spot...

ArmedBear
April 3, 2006, 07:38 PM
She probably IS a threat to the security of our country, actually, since she's a member of Congress.

boofus
April 3, 2006, 08:05 PM
:D :neener: :o :cool: :)

SIGarmed
April 3, 2006, 08:19 PM
"We are working with Capitol Hill police to fully understand and appreciate the incident," principal assistant U.S. Attorney Channing Phillips told The Associated Press in a telephone interview.

Is this full spin mode? What's there to appreciate?

Sindawe
April 3, 2006, 08:22 PM
McKinney issued a statement of regret for the incident but no apology. She and her lawyers have repeatedly declared that she was a victim of inappropriate touching and racism and said they were considering pursuing civil action against the officer.

This whole thing brings to mind a nugget of wisdom uttered by one Samuel Clemans.

"Suppose you were an idiot . . . And suppose you were a member of Congress . . . . But I repeat myself."

Gunfire
April 3, 2006, 08:24 PM
She still struck an officer. Sounds like assualt...

and a felony at that. Is she going to lose her 2nd amendment rights for life for this crap? Is that fair? or what the 2nd intended?

I'm not sticking up for her or what she did but fear that if it was you or me, we would lose or firearms for life.

ArmedBear
April 3, 2006, 08:30 PM
She was "a victim of inappropriate touching?"

If she wants to file sexual assault charges, she should put up or shut up.

Gunfire
April 3, 2006, 08:47 PM
a victim of inappropriate touching
We really are a kinder gentler nation.....can't we just call bull****?

ArmedBear
April 3, 2006, 08:52 PM
Yeah. Who would risk his job to touch HER, anyway?

Oh yeah...

http://top.lourd.free.fr/truc/bill1.jpg

But I don't think he was even IN Washington that day... Had a lucrative gig with the UAE, I think, so he was in Dubai along with Bob Dole...:mad:

GHF
April 3, 2006, 10:19 PM
Beyond her lefty politics, race card playing, and grassy knoll conspiracy attitudes, she lacks class.

A class person would have shown grace and charm under stress. If she had class, every security guard would have known who she is because she would have gone out of her way to introduce herself to them. She would have got to know as many as possible by name, establishing an individual personal relationship with as many as possible. Guards would look forward to seeing here, pointing her out to newbies.

She is the 2006 equivalent of Thomas Dewey.

Standing Wolf
April 3, 2006, 10:30 PM
Well, somebody has to hold down the other end of the bell curve, right?

EOD Guy
April 3, 2006, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Boortz:Rep. McKinney "looks like a ghetto slut"

http://mediamatters.org/items/200603310005

He also appologized for the remark.

AN APOLOGY

Talking about stepping in it!

Suddenly, for some people, the issue isn't Cynthia McKinney hitting a law enforcement officer and then screaming racism. Nope. The issue is what I had to say about her hair style. That's entirely fair --- to a point. Last Friday I said that that hairdo ... the wild and crazy every hair going in a different direction hairdo -- made her look like a ghetto slut. Know what? That was wrong. Bad wrong. That was overboard. I know Cynthia McKinney. I've know her for years. I intensely dislike her anti-American politics and her constant race baiting ... but on a personal level we've always gotten along just fine .. kidding each other ... needling each other. I remember her spotting me sitting in the House visitors gallery one day and yelling (with a smile on her face, by the way) "Neal Boortz! Who the hell let you in here?" I've known her father much longer than I've known her. I have said on the air several times this past week that I think that she has an endearing personality and a million-dollar smile.

That being said, I don't think that it was right to use the word "slut" in any description involving her or her hairdo. So ... my heartfelt apologies to Cynthia McKinney. I'll say it here, and I'll say it on the air on today. When I'm wrong I'll admit it with no hesitation.

Now this apology is going to mean absolutely nothing to those of you who consider every word ever uttered by someone-not-liberal to be "hate speech." This apology is going to mean nothing to those of you who consider every negative comment or criticism ever made of or about anybody-not-white to be "racism." Most of the people who have sent me some rather nasty emails in the last 24 hours know nothing about me except what they've read on some far-left websites. One listener from Saginaw, Michigan wrote to say that this apology indicates that I recognized my error and that I take responsibility for my words. He then wonders if it will be accepted. I am not concerned about whether or not it will be accepted. That's up to McKinney. I've said this because it's the way I feel. The apology, therefore, is for the millions of listeners who do know me and who were disappointed by my statement on Friday. Sorry I let you down.

Actually, I should be horsewhipped for saying something stupid that allowed, to some extent, the attention to shift from the wrongdoing of Cynthia McKinney to my ill-chosen words. The issue here is not how one would define Cynthia McKinney's hairstyle. The issue is whether or not Cynthia McKinney assaulted a law enforcement officer who was merely trying to do his sworn duty. Contrast, if you would, my apology with that of Cynthia McKinney. McKinney has only said that she "regrets" that the incident happened. That is not an apology. So far as I've heard there has not been one "I'm sorry." Instead, McKinney stages a news conference Friday afternoon featuring two of premiere Hollywood leftist jackasses, Danny Glover and Harry Belafonte, two men fresh from their recent appearance giving aid and comfort to America-hater Hugo Chavez in Venezuela. So, there is Cynthia McKinney, standing there with two men who have said some mighty foul things about our country and our president, accusing a police officer of being a racist because he didn't recognize her when she circumvented a screening station. That man spends his days protecting McKinney and her colleagues; and she thanks him by calling him a racist for merely doing his job. Let's see if Cynthia can eventually stand up and apologize for being a fool. I just did. It really doesn't hurt all that much.

XDn00b101
April 3, 2006, 10:55 PM
I just saw her play the Race card on CNN. They asked her if she Assaulted the Officer, her responce went right to Race. It's just a deplorable excuse, and I hope the Georgans see this.

Lone_Gunman
April 3, 2006, 10:57 PM
Hey, at least she voted against the Patriot Act.

longeyes
April 3, 2006, 11:46 PM
Now they're saying the video doesn't show The Slap. Hmmm. Anyone want to bet on a "whitewash?"

Maxwell
April 4, 2006, 12:00 AM
Is she going to lose her 2nd amendment rights for life for this crap?

The 2nd amendment said there shouldnt be a law to stop someone from getting a weapon, yet I spent the day filling out the paperwork to dance around all the laws preventing me from taking direct ownership of my next gun.

That said, If she wants a gun she can probly still get one.
Politicians are exempt from pesky little federal laws trying to infringe on their rights, unfortunatly thats not the case for the rest of us.

ravinraven
April 4, 2006, 02:41 AM
Hairless Belafonte is on the case. Not to worry.

rr

gunsmith
April 4, 2006, 04:47 AM
She should be fined for hers, she looks more like a crazed street person then a politician.

LAK
April 4, 2006, 05:03 AM
As for what defense she might use; perhaps the Zsa Zsa Gabor defense. That one worked pretty good did it not?

GHFBeyond her lefty politics, race card playing, and grassy knoll conspiracy attitudes, she lacks class.
Yes; pressing Comrade Rumsfeld at a press conference for answers in writing concerning the question of whether there were, or were not, hijacked-planes-flying-into-buildings-drills on September 11th, 2001, as well as issues of a triflling $2.7 trillion missing from the Pentagon accounts etc definately reflects a lack of class. I mean sending Comrade Rumsfeld into stutters and prolonged facial contortions on camera is not a class political act.

Having "class" in current political "right" and "left" circles means being a co-operative dunce, and only asking the right questions limited within certain parameters ;)

-----------------------------------------

http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

feedthehogs
April 4, 2006, 08:13 AM
She's playing the race card because she lacks the moral fortitude that most everyone else in this country lacks.

When you screw up, instead of admitting the mistake, you blame everyone else instead.
Being black gives her the perfect excuse of playing the racial issue.
Add to that the, "do you know who I am" attitude and its a perfect example of mainstream political office protocol.

Why is it so hard for people to admit they screwed up, apologize and go on with life?

Camp David
April 4, 2006, 08:21 AM
When you screw up, instead of admitting the mistake, you blame everyone else instead.

Sadly, this seems to be their modus operandi; let us hope she is quickly arrested and held to account for her lack of responsibility.

Igloodude
April 4, 2006, 08:26 AM
Picture the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. in the same circumstance. Or Rosa Parks. I'm guessing neither of them would have reacted the way Rep. McKinney did.

Even if it was blatant racism on the officer's part, her reaction to it is still unjustified.

Baron Holbach4
April 5, 2006, 10:46 AM
McKinney refuses to wear her Congressional ID pin. How could anyone find fault with the LEO for stopping her after she avoided going through the metal detector while showing no ID? Then she has the nerve to hit the LEO. Bad move. Never hit an LEO.

crazed_ss
April 5, 2006, 01:15 PM
:rolleyes:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She should be fined for hers, she looks more like a crazed street person then a politician

There's nothing wrong with her hair. Just because it doesnt conform to whatever idea of good looks that you have, doesnt mean there's something wrong with it.

With that said, She's still pretty stupid for pulling the race card out of nowhere. :fire:

JohnBT
April 5, 2006, 01:49 PM
Okay, I showed the pic in question to 20 women at the office, more than half of them A-A. They all though she was having a real bad hair day. A reeeeal bad day.

OTOH, I agree that there's nothing wrong with her hair, it just looks like mine when I get up in the morning and don't comb or brush it.

John

BigG
April 5, 2006, 01:50 PM
Would love to see her doing the perp walk. ;)

Henry Bowman
April 5, 2006, 01:52 PM
she looks more like a crazed street person then a politician And in some cases, it's only by the hairstyle that you can tell them apart.

Camp David
April 5, 2006, 01:57 PM
There's nothing wrong with her hair. Just because it doesnt conform to whatever idea of good looks that you have, doesnt mean there's something wrong with it.

While we as citizens are all free to arrange our hair to our liking, this Representative in Congress should have the respect and decorum to dress acceptably, act with dignity, and adopt hair styles more generally accepted, not try to resemble a used scrubbing brush. While I accept your premise of freedom, there is this socially-accepted idea of acting like ladies and gentlemen in civilized society. If McKinney doesn't accept that premise, maybe just maybe she shouldn't have run for Georgia Representative and accepted the job. As a Representative of the good citizens of Georgia she has an obligation, repeat, obligation to act like a lady rather than a used scrubbing brush.

It was this appearance, which in addition to her irresponibility of neglecting to wear her official lapel pin as a duly elected Representative, that led police to question her and rightly so. Her assault of the Capitol policeman should be due grounds for her prompt arrest. A private citizen would have been in jail already for like conduct.

ArmedBear
April 5, 2006, 02:00 PM
With that said, She's still pretty stupid for pulling the race card out of nowhere.

Personally, I think that she is doing a serious disservice to anyone who is really the victim of racism (e.g. Cory Maye, also an armed self-defense case -- he sits on death row for defending his baby daughter).

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184992,00.html

It's the old "cry wolf" story. The problem is that SHE won't be the one who suffers as more and more people stop listening. Her constituents will, but that just gives HER more power. Yuck.

TexasRifleman
April 5, 2006, 02:10 PM
Her constituents will, but that just gives HER more power. Yuck

So we know who the REAL idiots are, the ones that keep electing this nutcase.

Who in their right mind would vote for this person?

1 old 0311
April 5, 2006, 04:12 PM
It was the race card..................You, or I would have been shot.......She just got grabbed.

Kevin

crazed_ss
April 5, 2006, 04:47 PM
While we as citizens are all free to arrange our hair to our liking, this Representative in Congress should have the respect and decorum to dress acceptably, act with dignity, and adopt hair styles more generally accepted, not try to resemble a used scrubbing brush.

Ok.. I'm not sure if you're aware, but blacks have different hair than whites. Our hair is extremely curly.. some refer to it as "Nappy". Now it is quite possible for McKinney to use curling irons or chemicals to straighten her hair for a more "acceptable" look, it isnt very healthy for our hair and scalp. You may be used to seeing blacks with with straight hair, but that's because society has told us that's what is beautiful. I think it's BS. We shouldnt have to damage ourselves to conform. If my hair looks like a scrubbing brush or brillo pad, then oh well.. that's how God made me.. if you dont think it isnt respectable of lacks dignity, then that's your problem.

Live Free Or Die
April 5, 2006, 05:52 PM
I think it's hard not to agree with crazed_ss on the hair issue. Why do so many people resort to insulting this woman's appearance? It's completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand whether you think her hair or clothes or whatever looks bad. If you're trying to make a valid point about how her behavior is inappropriate, you marginalize your argument by also including personal jabs at her appearance IMO.

I believe McKinney is a self-serving, egoistic excuse for a congressman. It seems pretty clear -- despite her incomprehensible press conferences -- that she's crying "RACISM!" to turn attention away from her own potentially felonious behavior. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the capitol police officer in question is racist, and doesn't like Ms. McKinney. The racist part I don't get, but the not liking McKinney part I can certainly understand. But unless this officer did in fact touch her inappropriately (e.g., grabbed her breast), then she apparently responded to the situation in a completely inappropriate and illegal manner that she should be embarassed and ashamed of. Watching her press conferences though, she is clearly neither ashamed of nor apologetic for her actions. Either she's lying to cover her actions, she's deluded enough to think her response was warranted, or she's right and the officer did something very wrong. The tape might tell. Where's the tape already?

Desertdog
April 5, 2006, 11:13 PM
Grand Jury to Investigate McKinney Matter
http://www.cnsnews.com/ThisHour.asp#Grand%20Jury%20to%20Investigate%20McKinney%20Matter

(CNSNews.com) - A grand jury has been convened to investigate Rep. Cynthia McKinney's (D-Ga.) alleged assault on a Capitol Police officer, Fox News reports. A staffer for Rep. Sam Farr (D-Calif.) who reportedly witnessed the interaction has been subpoenaed to testify before the grand jury, according to Fox News.

ACP230
April 6, 2006, 03:16 PM
I think McKinney was the first one to bring up her hair.
She mentioned changing her hairstyle in January in one of the first interviews she did after the alleged assault. I think she also talked about in one of her hysterical press conferences.

If she hadn't done that, maybe it wouldn't be mentioned so often.

I know of a guy who slugged a cop and wasn't charged.
The difference is that the deputy walked up on two guys fighting and touched one. The guy spun around, thinking he was being attaced from behind, and slugged the deputy in the chest.
As soon as he saw who it was he quit fighting and apologized.

The cop let it slide.
Too bad the Honorable Rep. McKinney didn't follow a similar path, eh?

Silver Bullet
April 6, 2006, 10:19 PM
Democrats crack me up.

Desertdog
April 6, 2006, 10:25 PM
from drudgereport.com headlines. You have to sign in to read the complete article.

"NEWLY HIRED BODYGUARD THREATENS REPORTER: 'I'm going to put your ass in jail. I'm a police officer... I work for Miss McKinney...' "

AndyC
April 6, 2006, 10:59 PM
Rep. Cynthia McKinney apologized on the House floor Thursday for a confrontation with a Capitol Police officer last week.

"There should not have been any physical contact in this incident," McKinney said.

"I am sorry that this misunderstanding happened at all, and I regret its escalation and I apologize," she said surrounded by colleagues on the House floor.

She said she would vote for a resolution expressing support for the efforts of Capitol Police.

McKinney's apology came as a District of Columbia grand jury began hearing testimony Thursday related to the confrontation, sources said.

A decision on whether the Georgia congresswoman will be charged could come as early as next week, federal law enforcement sources said.

More at CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/06/mckinney/index.html)

Kaylee
April 6, 2006, 11:10 PM
Just a friendly note to please keep it on the high road please.

(Though yes, I agree the Congresswoman needs to be charged and tried.)

SIGarmed
April 7, 2006, 12:06 AM
She did not apologize. Misunderstanding? She broke the rules. Her so called apology was very ambiguous. Was the contact hers or the police? She has not apologized for creating the situation and then escalating it.

Optical Serenity
April 7, 2006, 12:47 AM
Her hair is nasty, she is nasty, the race card is stupid. She should be locked up pronto. He did a fine job in keeping a very important place secure.

RealGun
April 7, 2006, 07:44 AM
She said contact should not have occurred, so she is still claiming justification.

Camp David
April 7, 2006, 08:22 AM
Rep. Cynthia McKinney apologized on the House floor Thursday for a confrontation with a Capitol Police officer last week.

She did not apologize... after House Dems pleaded with her she made a statement but it didn't seem very apologetic and it was not directed to LEO who she slammed... worse... she hired a private Georgia cop/security guard who slammed a reporter (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,190902,00.html) outside of Capitol! This private cop threated (physically and verbally) to put a reporter in jail! :rolleyes:

McKinney just doesn't get it!

I hope this disgrace for a legislator is in prison soon!

RangerHAAF
April 7, 2006, 08:24 AM
This situation is too good for her opponents to pass up. I don't like her and she represents my district. She and her father go out of their way to insult constiuents that they don't like.

There is going to be payback on McKinney by the Republicans for the Democrats running Tom DeLay out of Congress; and if I'm not mistaken GA has a recent law which says that convicted felons can't hold office. Hopefully, she will be convicted and that will be the end of her; she's like a weed that we've tried to get rid of but she keeps coming back.

Manedwolf
April 7, 2006, 10:56 AM
for the Democrats running Tom DeLay out of Congress

:confused: He was crooked. Period.

And she's presumptuous and nasty, and broke laws too.

All lawmakers who break laws ought to face the consequences, regardless of party.

SIGarmed
April 7, 2006, 11:15 AM
I wonder how long she will last in her district? I'm just curious since I don't know that political landscape.
She sure knows how to get negative attention.

Desertdog
April 7, 2006, 11:35 AM
If she is charged and found guilty, I wonder if any of the Congress members would have the b#lls to try to invoke Impeachment.

Article 2, section 4 reads;
Section 4. The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors
Edit: After re-reading section 4, I notice it says "shall be removed....".

Cambridge Dictionary of American English
misdemeanors; noun [C]
a crime considered to be one of the less serious types of crime

Assault of a police officer should qualify.

haole_boySS
April 7, 2006, 07:07 PM
any updates on this? I'm still not sure why she is not sitting in a cell awaiting prosecution. If I hit a cop that was trying to stop me, i'd bet anything that I would get the baton, pepper spray and maybe the taser if I tried to resist at all. I can't stand the double standard and i'm tired of the race card.

Wouldn't there be cameras with sound at these entrances? Shouldn't this all be on tape, so no matter what she says it can be viewed and truth be told?

Politicians......:banghead:

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun.

SHOOT1SAM
April 8, 2006, 01:14 AM
It's too bad that the Capitol Police Officer didn't react instinctively and subdue the twit; I'd like to have seen that SHTF!! I wonder how she would react if the Capitol Police should issue a statement, something to the effect of: "From this day forward, ANYONE by-passing the metal detectors will be detained, unless they tell us that they are going directly to Rep. McKinney's office, in which case, we won't worry about them."

By the way, Manedwolf, exactly what has Tom Delay been convicted of that you state with such authority that he is crooked?

Sam

Beachmaster
April 8, 2006, 04:11 AM
I find it appaling at how some people are attacking the LOOKS of the woman!

It seems that men are allowed to be ugly, wear a stupid looking comb-over or other hair style, put on an ill fitting suit, and will mostly be judged for what they say and do, not what designer clothes they wear, how big their waistline is, or if they are having a bad hair day!

Get real. Her action have nothing to do with her hairstyle, dress, makeup, or even race! they have to do with HER ACTIONS. The only Dress or Jewlery issue here is why wasn't she wearing her Congressional Pin?

The only real issues here are:
Why did she not stop when asked by a LEO?
Why did she not show ID in the first place and go through the detector/or otherwise ID herself at the checkpoint?
Why did she play the race card?
Why did she not really appologised for her actions?
Why is her "bodyguard" allowed to be working for her when he is not a member of the Capitol/Congressional police, or had his background check done by them?
Why is her "bodyguard" not been arrested for misrepresenting himself as a Police Officer and threatening the public?
Why is this woman not indicted yet by the grand jury?
Why did the people of her state vote for such a person?

Those are the issues! Not her hair or dress.

RealGun
April 8, 2006, 04:51 AM
I find it appaling at how some people are attacking the LOOKS of the woman! - Beachmaster

Knuckle-dragging Neanderthals pick on Hillary too, and she isn't unattractive. At least it isn't always a race thing. Guys are slime until they grow up. Some never do.;)

Stand_Watie
April 8, 2006, 05:19 AM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060407/i/r3051434234.jpg?

Crazed ss; point taken about hair types being different. If McKinney's hair really is an example of how a well groomed black ladies hair looks absent from unhealthy treatment, then pop culture has really done a disservice to blacks. Don't take it personal though. I have to stifle a snicker at this guys hair just as much as McKinney

http://www.gratefuljoe.com/photos/mccain2.jpg

If it makes you feel any better, us bald white guys have been taking hits for bad hair since at least Julius Caesar. I suspect that the style of hats that Jewish skullcaps became factor in typical male baldness patterns.

answerguy
April 8, 2006, 10:16 AM
Necessity is the mother of invention.

Problem- people behind me at the synagogue keep making fun of my bald spot.

Solution- skull cap (yarmulke)

XLMiguel
April 8, 2006, 04:34 PM
There are 535 members of Congress. Of the 435 members of the House of Representatives, up to 1/3 (145) turn over every 2 years, plus changes in the Senate, depending on the district. I don't know how many Federal Protective Service officers there are, but I do know that they rotate their assignments. Expecting each officer to be able to recognize each member of Congress on sight is flipping rediculous. I would also remind everyone who excuses McKinny's behavior of the incident a couple years ago where a wackjob tried to avoid the metal detectors and killed two FPS cops.

McKinney's behavior was inexcuseable - she wasn't following procedure and her reaction to being asked to identify herself was over the top, and her behavior after the incident shows clearly the type of arrogant prig that she is. She is correct in that she was 'discriminated' against (discriminate, from the Latin, discrimino, to know the difference), but it had noting to do with her race, and I'll just leave it at that, as this is the High Road, knowwhutImean,Vern?

ElTacoGrande
April 9, 2006, 12:32 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/06/mckinney/

That means it's quite serious. If it goes to a grand jury, it is 95% likely to go to trial, or a plea bargain. I believe grand juries only hear things that are felonies, so this is a serious charge.

James Myart, an attorney representing McKinney, said he wouldn't be surprised if his client were indicted.

ElTacoGrande
April 9, 2006, 12:46 AM
duplicate

beerslurpy
April 9, 2006, 01:04 AM
Good riddance. It's refreshing to see the race card going the way of the dodo.

Cliff47
April 12, 2006, 03:14 PM
Have you noticed that on every interview/talk show/news program that she has been on the more she tries to deflect the question the higher the pitch of her voice gets. Once she goes hyper-SONIC, and the neighbor's dogs start howling, I know she is pitching some really deep you-know-what (in deference to our moderators) in every direction.

I know I'm a bit late on this thread, but I just got my hearing back. Too much CNN.

BigFatKen
April 12, 2006, 03:23 PM
Of the 435 members of the House of Representatives, up to 1/3 (145) turn over every 2 years, plus changes in the Senate,
Oh, I wish this was true.

ALL can be replaced. Usually it is about 2% or 10 members

1/3 of the Senate CAN be replaced each even year, but only a few ARE removed.

Gewehr98
April 12, 2006, 03:37 PM
But while you're defending her hair, you do know you're broadcasting that you own a Remington 710 in your sig line, right? This bald white guy would be more than happy to sell you a good used Remington 700 or Savage 110 for your own dignity's sake! ;)

blinkin357
April 13, 2006, 10:23 AM
Equal justice for all (unless the person claims racial issues for everything anyone else says or does that is contrary to her thinking). Due to her color, gender and negative attitude, everyone is afraid of her and will not charge, arrest or convict her of anything. She's been getting away with this railroading game for too many years to stop now. In her eyes, a lowly Capital Police officer is worth nothing. That became clear with her so-called apology. Webster defines the word as "an admission of error or discourtesy accompanied by an expression of regret". Her statement was NOT an apology. She said that it was the other guys fault.

I worked for a white female elected official with a VERY nasty attitude, unchangeable ideas, forceful speech including profanity. I watched her tell a chief circuit judge and county commissioners that she didn't care what they wanted. She continued to tell them what to do and where to go including a string of expletives. These guys simply laid back and took it from her. I was dumbfounded. Within her department, she was known for firing her staff on a whim. I saw it happen many times.

McKinney is a very dangerous woman, especially with the power and authority of a congressman with nationwide impact.

seeker_two
April 13, 2006, 11:14 AM
But while you're defending her hair, you do know you're broadcasting that you own a Remington 710 in your sig line, right? This bald white guy would be more than happy to sell you a good used Remington 700 or Savage 110 for your own dignity's sake!

Are you NUTS?!?!

The LAST thing you should want to give a guy named after an oppressive totaltarian military force is a firearm that ACTUALLY WORKS!!!!! :banghead:

:p

If you enjoyed reading about "Arrest Warrant Sought for Rep. McKinney" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!