Tempra-paint filled jugs of water vs. Rifles at 40 yards

PDA

Sven
April 20, 2003, 11:27 PM
http://www.imageseek.com/sven/2003_04_19/jugs_still.jpg

Shooting jugs of tempra paint and water with rifles. (Click image for Movie) (http://www.imageseek.com/sven/2003_04_19/jugs.mpg) We learned that pistols don't even move the jugs... they slowly 'bleed' out the water. Rifles, as you will see above, have a different effect.

This was from the SF Bay Area shoot yesterday (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17013). Click the link to the thread and you'll see more fun movies.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tempra-paint filled jugs of water vs. Rifles at 40 yards" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
xsquid
April 20, 2003, 11:53 PM
jugs of tempura

Dude I think you mean tempra instead of tempura. My first visual was a jug filled with deep fried and battered shrimp and veggies:D

Sven
April 21, 2003, 12:31 AM
We just were going out for sushi when I posted this - talk about a Freudian slip!

280PLUS
April 21, 2003, 11:10 AM
and quite colorful too...

mmmmm, shrimp,,,,now i'm hungry you :cuss:

:neener:

Justin
April 21, 2003, 01:37 PM
That video is tres cool. Brought to you in Technicolor.

jhisaac1
April 21, 2003, 02:48 PM
When you talk about pistols just bleeding out the jug, I assume you are talking about a "real" pistol, not just a .22. My experience with a .40 S&W is that FMJ punches holes in a milk jug full of water, but a hollowpoint will blow that sucker right apart.

jhisaac1

PS. Cool video.

Sisco
April 21, 2003, 05:05 PM
I think the most fun I ever had at the range was once when we ran into a guy with a big box full of cans of automotive paint. He had got them from a body shop that was cleaning house, some were full, most about half.
This guy also had 100 rounds of 44 mag ammo he needed help in shooting up before he sold the gun. I was glad to oblige.
When the cans were hit the lids would blow off and gave the effect of a lava lamp in mid air. What a hoot! Wish we would've had a video camera.

Frohickey
April 21, 2003, 05:57 PM
Pretty neat.

Next time, you ought to choreograph the shooting, and set the video to music. :D

QuarterBoreGunner
April 21, 2003, 07:27 PM
I can't believe I missed this part of Saturdays shoot... I must have been at the 100yrd range.

Rats.

A. Partisan
April 21, 2003, 08:38 PM
One of my favorite things to shoot are cans of cherry pie filling purchased at the local Dollar General Store. It's environmentally safe too.

Ikari
April 21, 2003, 08:57 PM
ooo..pretty!

:eek:

Crimper-D
April 21, 2003, 10:36 PM
Last time I was there I got in a yelling match with a couple of idiots who insisted on shooting up MY targets on the tincan range:mad: Useless... kinda like yelling at Adobe. :rolleyes:
Gave up in disgust and went over to the 100yd range which was populated with more than a few 'Shooters' with those crank actuated ammo wasters that simulated full auto fire. These yogs' idea of 'fun' was to pomiscuously spray the berm with unaimed magazineloads of ball ammo, and the rest of the shooters on the line with showers of expended brass. The range officers, all 2 of them, were so oblivious, I concluded they were used to slob shooters on their range and departed for more polite, safer shooting venues.
I've been told it's gotten better behaved of late.....Maybe time to bury bad memories and give theplace another try.:what:

Sven
April 21, 2003, 10:58 PM
Crimper-D

That definitely wasn't the vibe. Everyone it the tin can area was extremely polite and shot only their own targets...

..once, a tin can flew in front of my target so I shot it, and then I felt guilty and said to the guys to my right "sorry" and they said back, "it's all good".

The nice thing is you can head over to another part of the range if you don't like whats going on in 'tin can alley'. Can't do that at an indoor range when someone starts shooting .50AE in your bay.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tempra-paint filled jugs of water vs. Rifles at 40 yards" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!