Go vote

PDA

armedandsafe
April 6, 2006, 05:41 PM
This does not directly invlove firearms, but it is political. :evil:
Poll being taken now on Fox Business. Sitting at 77% NO right now.

Would you be a customer of a business or company that you knew employed illegal immigrants?

http://www.foxnews.com/business/index.html

Pops

If you enjoyed reading about "Go vote" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
exar
April 6, 2006, 05:46 PM
A big fat NO. This is why I try not to buy things from Wal-Mart.

crashm1
April 7, 2006, 01:42 AM
exar,
That looks more like a big fat Maybe. If you say NO. it implies a certain amount of conviction that then appears to get shoved aside when you need something from Walmart. Am I reading this correctly? Are there other times that buying something from a company that hires illegals is okay? Like possibly a roof or the addition to your house.

Don't Tread On Me
April 7, 2006, 01:50 AM
Heh. Interesting poll, but I'd bet my bottom dollar that everyone who voted no has (knowingly) patronized some business that hires illegal immigrants.

If you said no, then you've never, ever eaten at any restaurant. As far as I know, I've never seen a single restaurant that didn't have a kitchen full of hispanic illegals. Even the Chinese restaurants have hispanic workers in the back. Well, maybe fast food places don't hire them, but that's about IT.

It's easy to just put it off in your mind that you really can't tell which ones are legal and which ones aren't. You're just there to eat.

Bust in the back door and scream INS, and I bet half of them start running (I've actually seen this happen) :what:

Kamicosmos
April 7, 2006, 02:37 AM
Well, maybe fast food places don't hire them

Not around here. I've been contemplating taking some Spanish courses so I can better say 'I'll take a Numero Dos, and SuperSize it, porfavor' at McD's, BK, Long John's, etc etc.

When I know illegals work at a place, I don't go there. I even called INS on a couple of places and got a nice warm 'Go Away, we don't care' type of response. :barf:

Zedicus
April 7, 2006, 02:37 AM
done!

If you enjoyed reading about "Go vote" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!