Les BAER TRS

PDA

SKUNK
April 7, 2006, 12:34 PM
Is the Les Baer TRS the best 1911 that can be purchased in CA?

If you enjoyed reading about "Les BAER TRS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Black Majik
April 7, 2006, 12:44 PM
Well yes and no.

You have many options for "semi-custom" 1911s to choose from. Yes one of those options is Les Baer. Then you also have Nighthawk (few guys from Wilson Combat), Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, and the Springfield Armory Professional Model

Its all very subjective, depending on what your criteria is for a 1911. Range gun, defensive firearm, target/bullseye shooting?

Personally, I would love to have a Springfield Armory PRO or an Ed Brown.

I do believe that the Baers can squeeze the most accuracy out of the 1911, since they're the only one claiming to make 1.5" at 50 yards. But many of us (I certainly :D ) cannot reach the pistol's potential.

I'm very happy with Les Baer, I have a Premier II, with a Custom Carry on order.

Next on my list will be a PRO or Ed Brown.

Never was really impressed with Wilson Combat or Nighthawk. They're awesome pistols, just don't quite fit my needs. Especially their super wonder finish, or two tone matte finish really just don't do much for me. But the Nighthawks I've held were very nice. But it reminded me very much so like the CQB's. Slide serrations, slide to frame fit, smoothness, everthing. :D

Good luck. Its really hard to go wrong with a TRS. Its Les Baer's most popular 1911 IMO. I ran my Les Baer at a USPSA match about 2 weeks ago. Very nice accuracy, the undercut triggerguard made it easier to shoot, and it ran absolutely flawlessly. You wont be disappointed :)

jayhway
April 7, 2006, 02:54 PM
The best 1911 you can buy in CA is probably a Valtro ( if you don't mind waiting a couple of years :uhoh: )

Black Majik
April 7, 2006, 03:10 PM
The best 1911 you can buy in CA is probably a Valtro ( if you don't mind waiting a couple of years )

True that, but I haven't even heard about the Valtros from Jardine in soo long that I completely forgot about em'. Are they even still on the CA DOJ's approved list? Gosh they used to be a "steal" at around $1250 and only a years wait. LOL :D

jayhway
April 7, 2006, 03:21 PM
I almost bought a Valtro 3 years ago but didn't want to wait 6 mos-1year. There are some people on the 1911 fourm who've had orders on file since 2003. However,most of the wait now is because John's been filling orders for the US Military, which is ok in my book.

SKUNK
April 7, 2006, 04:46 PM
Well.. I am picking up my 1st TRS tonight!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Black Majik
April 7, 2006, 05:20 PM
Well.. I am picking up my 1st TRS tonight!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I like the way you think :D

Ala Dan
April 8, 2006, 07:52 AM
+ 1 for the Baer Thunder Ranch Special~!:D

SKUNK
April 10, 2006, 01:57 PM
I put 400 rounds through it at the range yesterday.

This gun practically shoots for itself. Farkin amazing:D

Black Majik
April 10, 2006, 04:06 PM
You already got your TRS?! Thats freaking fast! :eek:

Shooting one holed groups is usually done by the shooter. When I shoot my Les Baer, I think its 90% gun, 10% me. :D

SKUNK
April 10, 2006, 04:45 PM
Ya.. I posted this thread after my 10 day waiting period was up.

I think I love my TRS as much as my wife :banghead: :D

Ala Dan
April 10, 2006, 04:52 PM
I'm with my friends Richard and Skunk on this one, as my TRS
from Les Baer is ever sooooo sweet; its compares too driving one of
those expensive Ferrari's~!:D

BTW, I checked out a Springfield TRP last Friday in the shop, as we
had a couple of new arrivals. IMHO, it in NO WAY compares to the
Baer's; as you can move the barrel bushing with your fingers. Try
that with a Baer~!:eek: Also, the 20 lpi checkering on the TRP
felt much too sharp, and I believe after a few boxes of hot fodder
it might even start to separate the skin on your fingers of the
shooting hand.:uhoh: Give me Baer's 30 lpi checkering any day.:D

Even the radical design of the Kimber Raptor series isn't as bad as
that found on the TRP.

trbon8r
April 26, 2006, 12:56 AM
I know the Thunder Ranch gets all the ink and accolades, but don't overlook the basic Baer Concept II model. Basically it is a Thunder Ranch without the night sights, smooth front strap, ambidextrous safety vs. the TR strong side safety, and standard black sights instead of the lousy Baer wannabe Novaks on the TR.

I've got the Concept II and it is in every way the equal of the Thunder Ranch in my opinion and comes in about 400 bucks less. In fact I'm thinking about ordering another one.

Ala Dan
April 26, 2006, 09:34 AM
any Baer is worth is weight in gold~!:D

moredes
April 26, 2006, 09:36 AM
I do believe that the Baers can squeeze the most accuracy out of the 1911, since they're the only one claiming to make 1.5" at 50 yards.

no biggie here, but this is a common "misconception". Ed Brown doesn't specifically exclude the Kobra Carry from his guarantee, but I don't see how the KC could possibly perform equally with his 5" gun. Paraphrasing his website, I'd say he makes the claim that all his "45ACP's will shoot about 1.5" @ 50yd". Wilson only makes a 1"@25yd claim for all their 5" guns. In any case, I've seen a couple of world-class bullseye shooters match up against each other for fun, and I've still never seen anyone who could shoot the difference between the three OEM's.

If you enjoyed reading about "Les BAER TRS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!