Muskogee candidate sentenced for pointing firearm

PDA

gunsmith
April 8, 2006, 04:02 AM
http://www.kten.com/Global/story.asp?S=4740993

WAGONER, Okla. A Muskogee City Council candidate is being given probation after pleading guilty to pointing a gun during a prank.
Jon Michael Hallford was given a one-year deferred sentence and must perform 80 hours of community service, pay a fine and apologize to his victims.

Hallford and two other men went to a home near Fort Gibson Lake last August and pretended to stage a robbery during a slumber party at the home. Investigators say the three used real, unloaded guns.

Co-defendants Dusty Gregory and Jason Butler also pleaded guilty and were given the same sentence.

Hallford finished second Tuesday in a three-way race for a seat on the Muskogee City Council and faces James Gulley in a runoff election on May ninth.

Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material must be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Muskogee candidate sentenced for pointing firearm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tulsamal
April 8, 2006, 06:18 AM
Hallford and two other men went to a home near Fort Gibson Lake last August and pretended to stage a robbery during a slumber party at the home. Investigators say the three used real, unloaded guns.

I think the VAST majority of Okies are smarter than that. I don't mean we are all geniuses since I see people every day that leave me shaking my head. But most Okies have a very healthy respect for personal property and guns. 99.99% of people who are approached about doing something like this as a prank would say, "But what if WE get shot?!" Because that is VERY possible.

Gregg

If you enjoyed reading about "Muskogee candidate sentenced for pointing firearm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!