Two new students

PDA

Nightcrawler
April 21, 2003, 12:18 PM
Well my friends, I've found myself to bright young women who want me to teach them to shoot. I wish I had gotten to know them eariler in the semester, but oh well.

One is a foreign exchange student from China (Bejing), and the other is a foreign exchange student from Japan (can't remember her city; it's a northern city on the big island).

The Japanese student was amazed when I handed her two fired bullets, a .45 Colt and a .308, that my friend and I dug out of the backstop at the range. She had never seen one before.

Both of them are simply thrilled with the idea of going to the range. I'll have to pick up ear and eye protection for the both of them, but if they're anything like my last female student they'll pick up on it quick.

Looking forward to it immensely. I'll start them off on my .22 rifle (Henry US Survival AR-7, though I need to clean up the plastic stock, the finish is chipping off) and go from there. I'll also be sure to get lots of pictures for them to send back to their families.

:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Two new students" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
fatboyclone
April 21, 2003, 02:43 PM
Way to go!!!

Trisha
April 21, 2003, 03:38 PM
Wonderful!

It should prove to be a learning experience for you, too!

BerettaNut92
April 21, 2003, 03:56 PM
Sending home pictures? LOL yeah gotta love scaring the Asian parents!!!!

Standing Wolf
April 21, 2003, 08:14 PM
Good for you. Knowledge is meant to be shared, not hoarded.

cool45auto
April 21, 2003, 08:32 PM
Alright, Nightcrawler. Good job.

twoblink
April 21, 2003, 11:12 PM
<golf clap>

Pics!!

Way to go!

You take two, they take two, and they take two.. And we have Amway for shooters!

blades67
April 21, 2003, 11:20 PM
Good on ya!:cool:

RustyHammer
April 22, 2003, 04:28 PM
N/C ... Doing his part to educate the world in the art of responsible gun ownership! Good job. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Two new students" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!