Springfield longslide - disappointing **UPDATE**

PDA

Brad Johnson
April 21, 2003, 12:30 PM
See this original thread for more background. (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14031)

I received my Springfield Long Slide back from Springfield last week along with a nice note saying that they had replaced the barrel. Over the weekend I got a chance to try it out.

YES!!!!

If you look at the original thread you will see that the the gun was spraying shots everywhere. Yesterday the first group I shot (standing, offhand, 15 yards) measured 2.2 inches. YEEE-HAAAA!!! Subsequent groups were similar. Before leaving I tried some benched 25 yard shots and was rewarded with several sub 3" groups (the tightest was 2.4 inches).

Way to go Springfield! :D

Brad

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield longslide - disappointing **UPDATE**" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
10-Ring
April 21, 2003, 02:22 PM
I like happy endings! Good going!

George Hill
April 21, 2003, 04:19 PM
Try some different brands of ammo. You should be able to get that group to under 2 inches.

blades67
April 22, 2003, 12:50 AM
Glad to hear they made it right (even if it did take them two tries;)).

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield longslide - disappointing **UPDATE**" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!