Looking for lyman and bluforce loads

PDA

charger
April 9, 2006, 07:37 PM
We've tried eveything under the sun for the lyman 535 gr slug. The one that looks like a giant pellet,and cannot get anywhere near the accuracy that some people have stated in reviews.The other thing I was wondering.I got some bluforce on order. I got their load data and they seem to use very small doses of rocket fuel...I could see that causing more fowling than slower powder.Much appreciate if you guys could share your success..Thankyou

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for lyman and bluforce loads" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ReloaderFred
April 10, 2006, 11:54 PM
I've had great success with the load for the AA hull and AA wads and Blue dot in the Lyman Shotshell manual. I've got a rifled barrel for my 870 and it will put three rounds into about 3" at 100 yards from the bench. At 50 yards, I've had 3 rounds make a clover leaf group. It also knocks the hell out of a deer.

Hope this helps.

Fred

charger
April 11, 2006, 03:21 AM
Well yes and no Fred...I think we just gotta learn how to shoot then,cause we cant hardly group 7" with that load

MCS
November 28, 2006, 06:21 PM
Charger, I have used the Bluforce slugs and they perform great. The recipe that I use is not listed in reload data, so it is use at own risk.

Hull- Remington nitro 27 - unibody 2 3/4"
Primer- Winchester W209
Powder- Alliant reddot - 24 grains
bullet- LBC BluForce (mica dust these before inserting)
Folded crimp
chrony at 1560 fps

They have less recoil than factory ammo and patterns were 4-5" at 100 yds
I use them in a Remington 870 with a fully rifled barrel And a bud uses them in his Winchester 12ga with no problems. Hope this Helps if your still looking.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for lyman and bluforce loads" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!