The Solution to the Immigration Problem

PDA

bratch
April 11, 2006, 03:59 AM
The Case For Having Jack Bauer Annex Mexico

Button120by60_10

Editorial-

The debate over our lax border control policies and the subsequent flow of illegal immigration that accompanies them, continues to rage. Thus far a plethora of solutions have been offered, but none that is truly feasible in and of itself.

One of the more intriguing ideas is building a giant, Mexican-proof retaining wall that spans our southern border. Although this might prove effective, there are some major copyright issues with the Chinese that would need to be worked out.

Others have suggested that we deploy the National Guard along the border. Although they could no doubt handle the situation, political pandering has prevented this from happening up until this point.

What to do then? The way I see it the answer is straightforward and simple. We take over Mexico and make it our 51st state.

"How?" you may ask. Simple again. We tell Jack Bauer that the Mexican government has kidnapped his daughter Kim and that the only way to save her is to secure the country. If my estimates are correct we should have Mexico in our control between the hours of 7:00 am and 8:00 am on the day he is sent in.

Sure, there are some logistical concerns that need to be hammered out. Foremost being that we will need to build a ventilation duct that reaches across the border into Mexico to enable Bauer to infiltrate that country. But details aside, the plan is sound.

The benefits of annexing Mexico are numerous, but I have outlined a few of the more obvious ones:

1. Less border to defend. Our new southern border would be 696 miles long as compared to the 2,000 miles that we currently must defend. Bauer's kill count from this mission will no doubt provide enough bodies to build a 696 mile long human wall, with enough left over to create watchtowers at regular intervals. This should plug any potential gaps along the Belize/Guatemala border and at the same time sidestep the Chinese trademark issue.
2. Holiday consolidation. We will finally be able to combine Mexico's Day of the Dead with America's Halloween to form the super-holiday to end all super-holidays.
3. Tijuana et al. No need to stop at those annoying border patrol checkpoints when you feel the need to head down south for a bit of Tequila and Mexican lovelies. After waking up in a pool of your own piss and vomit with your wallet missing and a burning sensation when you urinate, the last thing you want to do is wait in line to get home.
4. Mexican television. No more creepy, sombrero-wearing, Spanish-speaking clowns playing "La Cuccharacha" to a group of grown men and women pretending to be children while the live studio audience laughs hysterically. Enough.
5. Cynthia McKinney dilution factor. With so much more square footage added to the country we should be able to "water down" her race-based oral diarrhea (so to speak).
6. Monsters in my closet. I am unaware of a single incident where a Mexican household has had monsters in their closet. Perhaps upon annexation they can help me with mine.

I expect that this proposal will be well-received and that we can soon begin the task of assimilating the estimated 15-20% of Mexican nationals who are reportedly still in Mexico.
Sounds brilliant to me and I dare anyone to point out a flaw.

If you enjoyed reading about "The Solution to the Immigration Problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scbair
April 11, 2006, 08:55 AM
Just please don't make it a "territory" of the USA. Little known fact: residents of "territories" (such as Puerto Rico) are eligible for such nice benefits as Medicare (among others), but pay NO federal income taxes!! :fire:

Biker
April 11, 2006, 08:59 AM
Some very interesting questions are raised in this article.
Unintended consequences indeed...

www.rense.com/general70/horridf.htm

Biker

Camp David
April 11, 2006, 09:13 AM
1. building a giant wall -- there has been many walls constructed over the centuries and none have worked.

Sure... an open border works so much better than a barrier in stopping illegals doesn't it??? :rolleyes:

History’s Most Famous Walls (http://www.theculturedtraveler.com/Archives/JUL2004/Lead_Story.htm)

EDUCATION... It's what's for dinner! ;)

btw... Question: Why didn't the Immigration and Naturalization Service round up all the illegals yesterday nationwide? Has your government failed you? Why? Call the INS and ask them what they were doing yesterday? Ask them....

Just a heads up... when you call the INS you will be transferred to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Office for questions about immigration procedures and their National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833). Note that they're bilingual and speak Spanish!!!:what:

GlockNation
April 11, 2006, 09:15 AM
>>>building a giant wall -- there has been many walls constructed over the centuries and none have worked<<<

There were only about 200 successful escapes through the Berlin Wall. Unless we are simply going to hand over our Country to illegal aliens, SOMETHING must be done!!:cuss:

beerslurpy
April 11, 2006, 09:19 AM
Just because walls are eventually overcome doesnt mean we shouldnt do it. The great wall of china and hadrians fall eventually proved worthless because the empires that built them declined. But they were worthwhile in the meantime. The berlin wall was eventually torn down for political reasons, but it was very effective until then.

Trying to say that because nothing is perfect, nothing is worth doing is stupid. The wall would be a huge help. Having border patrol focus on finding holes or tunnels would be far easier than having them hold their hands out as a sea of illegals past every night.

Biker
April 11, 2006, 09:24 AM
El correcto, beerslurpy. It's estimated that over a million people illegally cross our southern border every year. If a wall stopped even three-fourths of them, it would be a monumental success.
Biker

Hawkmoon
April 11, 2006, 09:31 AM
btw... Question: Why didn't the Immigration and Naturalization Service round up all the illegals yesterday nationwide? Has your government failed you? Why? Call the INS and ask them what they were doing yesterday? Ask them....
My thought exactly. We had hundreds of thousands of illegals all conveniently co-located in contiguous groups, and our gummint made no effort to cull the MOBS for illegals. This represents a huge missed opportunity.

These demonstrations (and our government's LACK OF response to them, only proves how entrenched the problem is.

If the illegals really want immigration "justice," they should go home, apply for a visa, and wait -- like everyone who comes here legally.

ken grant
April 11, 2006, 10:21 AM
Call,write,fax or e-mail your Reps. Tell them to quit beating around the bush.

Control our borders #1
Enforce existing laws #2
Do not pass new laws until the above is done!

crazed_ss
April 11, 2006, 11:22 AM
Hunting people.. great idea man!
:rolleyes:

How many of you here would actually shoot people down like animals?

crazed_ss
April 11, 2006, 11:51 AM
You'd shoot the minutemen? :confused:

Ira Aten
April 11, 2006, 12:34 PM
Representatives of the Federal Legislature appear to not recognize, or are otherwise hiding their knowledge of their powers and duty as set forth in the Constitution of the United States to protect the United States against invasion. Any reasonable individual would agree to the fact that Twelve Million Illegal Aliens crossing our borders is unquestionably classified as an “Invasion”.

Article One, Section Eight states, in part…

“Congress shall have the power…
….To provide for calling
forth the militia, to execute the
laws of the Union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions.”

Regarding the organization of the Militia, the Article provides…
the “Congress shall have the power…“To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress…”

Further, that Article sets out the duty of the Congress to enforce “naturalization” regulations, and states that…

“Congress shall have the power… To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States

Although our Founding Fathers addressed the repelling of invasions in Article I, Section Eight, of the United States Constitution, almost to a man or woman every Congressional Legislator, and in addition, the President of the United States, while acknowledging the fact Twelve Million Illegal Aliens invaded our borders, has claimed nothing at all can be done to remedy this situation, other than surrendering to the idea of making illegal entry, legal.

Thousands of lawfully acting, legal American citizens have announced their willingness to volunteer their services in a Militia for this very cause by joining together, even previous to Congress acting dutifully and calling them forth. These citizens have entitled this Militia the “Minutemen” in respect for the very designers of the Article One of this Constitution. These citizens not only stand ready to serve in the Militia, they are more importantly, ready to stand down immediately upon completion of this duty.

Federal Legislators have collectively stated nothing lawfully can be done to repel these invaders due to the Immigration and Naturalization Service not being of sufficient number to repel the ongoing invasion. They go on to state they cannot detain the Twelve Million currently in our midst. These Legislators are at best, ignorant of Article I, Section Eight of the United States Constitution, or if not ignorant, duplicitous by misleading legal American Citizens into believing only the INS is charged with suppressing insurrection and repelling invasion from foreign soil.

Instead of fulfilling their duty, they meet in Congress for the purpose of granting Amnesty to the lawbreakers who burn our flag, and hoist the flag of another country where Old Glory had stood. The act of lowering our standard, and hoisting their own, is evidence of the Insurrection resulting from this invasion. Meanwhile, the legal applicant for immigration waits lawfully and patiently behind those who have no respect for our law.

To our knowledge, not one of these Congressmen has officially said in public, a single word about the fact that the Constitution of the United States prescribes a remedy which is both real, and available for this purpose, as lawfully set out in Article I, Section Eight, of the United States Constitution. They instead, talk of making illegal action, legal.

This Government has failed in its duty to exercise their powers to regulate immigration, for naturalization of aliens entering our country, thus, over twelve million illegal aliens are known to have crossed, and remain within, our Nation’s borders. The Legislative branch has admittedly failed in its duty to protect our shores from invasion.

Concern voiced by the legal citizenry, the very “People” of our Nation, at being disregarded by their Representatives in Congress today continues to fall on deaf ears while we watch Congress address the “need” of passing laws to make mass invasion legal, rather than Congress performing their duty as prescribed within Article One, Section Eight of the United States Constitution

It has long been established that Congress is bound with a duty to uphold our nation’s Constitution in good faith, and take actions reflecting the will of The People. But sadly they have not done so, and have acted only in their political interest in this matter. So much so, that we face the bizarre realization that our Congress is drafting a law specifically so as to please only one group of people, that group being the masses of Illegal Aliens mounting in number daily.

The legal citizens of the United State’s voice over their concerns about the Congressional plan to legalize the violation of our existing immigration laws, has gone unanswered too long.

Should we not demand Congress utilize the powers granted under Article I, Section Eight, of the Constitution of the United States, and take certain steps therein described to enable the Militia to lawfully halt the invasion of our shores by Illegal Aliens invading our borders as soon as possible?

ken grant
April 11, 2006, 12:44 PM
:D :confused: AMEN

ken grant
April 11, 2006, 12:49 PM
http://capwiz.com/liberty/dbq/officials/

Another good contact site
Load up your Reps with contacts:what:

Fastlane
April 11, 2006, 01:02 PM
I'm old and grumpy, but I could never shoot someone that did not intend to harm me or a loved one. I am surprised anyone would use deadly force when it is not necessary.

SB88LX
April 11, 2006, 01:13 PM
Should we not demand Congress utilize the powers granted under Article I, Section Eight, of the Constitution of the United States, and take certain steps therein described to enable the Militia to lawfully halt the invasion of our shores by Illegal Aliens invading our borders as soon as possible?

If they don't listen to the masses on any other issue, just what makes you think a demand for the above action will be considered?

TX35
April 11, 2006, 01:27 PM
http://www.thekansascitychannel.com...197/detail.html

http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/004211.html

http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/004797.html

http://sayanythingblog.com/2005/05/...edly_kills_cop/

http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/000249.html

http://1492columbus.blogspot.com/20...nc-student.html

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/002423.htm

http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/000531.html

http://www.americanpatrol.com/CRIME...ez-history.html

http://www.parapundit.com/archives/002930.html

http://www.frostywooldridge.com/art..._2004jul22.html

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43841

ball3006
April 11, 2006, 01:31 PM
I hope they can do it again......both my Senators voted against the bill last week because they both want stronger measures against the ILLEGALS in this country........chris3

HankB
April 11, 2006, 01:37 PM
Trying to say that because nothing is perfect, nothing is worth doing is stupid.Good observation. Funny, how those who oppose a wall usually end up saying "It can't be PERFECT, so it shouldn't be done!"

IMHO if it even slowed the flood to a trickle, it would be a huge success.

Sindawe
April 11, 2006, 01:42 PM
provided it follows THIS plan. As I understand it, amnesty will be offered to anyone who can prove he has resided in the U.S. for five years.

Let's dispense for the moment with the idea that people who have no identification can make statements under oath or can be sworn, since the only witnesses who can attest to their identity are almost certainly disqualified because they are also illegal aliens.

We are still left with a few interesting questions which should be posed to the applicants to establish their credentials and un-do any damage they have already caused to the American economy and taxpayers.

Here are my recommended questions:
If you have been here for 5 years, how did you support yourself during that period?

If your reply is "I worked off the books,” then please file your tax return immediately, including proof of money earned, with full payment of the delinquent taxes, penalties and interest. Can't do that? Disqualified, return to Mexico until this requirement can be satisfied, then re-apply from Mexico.

If your reply is "I worked on the books." then please produce IRS-certified copies of your tax returns during that period showing that all taxes incurred were paid on time. Can't do that? Disqualified, return to Mexico until this requirement can be satisfied, then re-apply from Mexico.

If your reply is "I was supported by the charity of friends/relatives." then please identify these people as to relationship, name, address, phone and social security number, and sworn statements from them that this is true and the source of their money, and copies of their tax returns. Can't do that? Disqualified, return to Mexico until this requirement can be satisfied, then re-apply from Mexico.

If your reply is "I received public assistance." then when (and if) employed, your pay will be garnished until the entire amount defrauded from public assistance as well as penalties and interest have been repaid. Won't do that? Disqualified, return to Mexico until you can re-pay the entire amount, then re-apply from Mexico.
Do/did you have minor children living with you and attending public schools?

If you answer "Yes" when (and if) employed, your pay will be garnished until the entire amount defrauded from the school district as well as penalties and interest have been repaid. Won't do that? Disqualified, return to Mexico until you can re-pay the entire amount, then re-apply from Mexico.
Do/did you or any of your dependents receive medical treatment or prescription drugs without payment?

If you answer "Yes," when (and if) employed, your pay will be garnished until the entire amount defrauded from Medicaid as well as penalties and interest is repaid. Won't do that? Disqualified, return to Mexico until you can repay the entire amount, then re-apply from Mexico.

In addition, all amnesty applicants must be fingerprinted, photographed, DNA samples taken (cheek swab) and signs a release as a condition of application

giving their consent that if they are refused but do not leave, the penalty is permanent denial of any status and 30 years imprisonment in the Aleutian Islands.

That should shorten the list by about 100%.

Source: http://www.vdare.com/letters/tl_041006.htm

How many of you here would actually shoot people down like animals? I don't know about my fellows here on THR, but *I* have learned the lessons taught by the history of Canaan, Rome and the colonial Americas (North AND South). Those who will not or cannot repel mass invasion of their lands, lose those lands.

pax
April 11, 2006, 04:02 PM
Moderator Note

Much to everyone's shock, I'm not closing this thread.

However, those who advocate murder will be have their posting privileges removed.

pax

longeyes
April 11, 2006, 05:26 PM
I hope you don't mean me; that was a joke, the last part anyway. Intermarriage has in fact been the way these things help get resolved.

Ira Aten
April 11, 2006, 06:23 PM
Quote from SB88
"If they don't listen to the masses on any other issue, just what makes you think a demand for the above action will be considered?"

SB88

My point is, they are listening to the masses, and doing their bidding. BUT, these masses are not "We the People", but those people, of a foriegn nation.

And for some reason, they are prepared to do their bidding, regardless of the laws set forth regarding this issue.

The right of the people to peacefully assemble and petition the Government for redress of Grievences, means the right of We The People of the United States, to go to OUR Government, and assemble in our Congress, demanding redress of OUR grievances, not those of some person from Nueva Laredo Mexico, who decides to illegally enter our border, block traffic of peaceful United States Citizens attempting to travel to and from work, all while burning our flag, and raising theirs. That is an act of insurrection, not petitioning the government for redress.

So I guess, I am trying to get AMERICAN people, no matter the race, to join together in a mass march to Congress, and petition Congress to call forth the militia in that we may legally resolve the problem without completely surrendering this country, to anarchy.

I guess that is the purpose of my post. It was to try to point out that protesting in the streets of L.A., is not peacefully assembling in Congress, with a petition for redress of AMERICAN CITIZEN'S grievences.

The foreigners, have NO GRIEVANCES to voice to The United States Government. Their damned Grievances, are against the country of their origin. WE OFFER THE THING THEY ARE DEMANDING, ALREADY! They can immigrate to America, and become naturalized. They just don't want the bother, of following the necessary steps.

But We the People, have stood by, and have only voiced our concern to the media, to each other, and to one or two congressmen.

Petitioning the Government, and Assembling in Congress to do so, involves peacefully assembling in the Nation's Capitol, and bringing our grievances in writing, as an assembly, directly to the Congress.

At least that is how I read it. I may be wrong. But I think if enough of "We the People of the United States" were to join in written protest, obtain an allowed, legal time to peacefully assemble within the Capitol and deliver a petition, all this can be resolved.

I just need some guys that are a whole lot smarter than me, to figure out how to go about peacefully assembling, for the purposes of petitioning CONGRESS for redress of OUR Grievances. To hell with Mexico's grievances.

SB88LX
April 12, 2006, 01:07 AM
+1, That post is as well written as your first.

ken grant
April 12, 2006, 01:13 AM
You sound purty sharp to me. You have made some good posts here.
For some reason some of mine get locked down by the Mods.

evan price
April 12, 2006, 07:39 AM
If a foriegn government openly supports their citizens crossing a border and occupying another soveriegn nation's territories;

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2006_01_12/us/allow_immigrants.htm

And that nation goes so far as to have their leader appear publicly on international news programs unapologetically confirming the mass migration of their populus;

http://www.vdare.com/awall/060330_fox.htm

And that foriegn government even publishes guides on how to illegally enter a soveriegn nation and occupy its territory;

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42207

Then isn't that considered an INVASION?

Well, the best solution is to just march down there and make Mexico our 51st state and bring the benefits of US society to ALL Mexicans, which, according to Vicente Fox, is what they all want. Then they can get rid of the small-time Kleptocracy they call a government and revel in real American-style theft in office! And start paying taxes!

Ira Aten
April 12, 2006, 12:26 PM
Thank you for your statements, they are appreciated very much.

R.H. Lee
April 12, 2006, 12:41 PM
The most effective way to combat illegal immigration is to raise the public consciousness of the crime committed by illegals. Skip over the academic/philosophic discussions, don't get bogged down in the red herring race issue, and go directly to criminal acts committed by illegals. Publish names and photos. The goal is to equate illegal immigration with criminal activity in the mind of the public at large.

There are, what, an estimated 2 million illegals in American prisons. Their trials are a matter of public record, correct? That should provide a good start; emphasize illegal crime against American citizens. Make it a national security and public safety issue. Counter the propoganda coming out of Washington DC that 'they're just here to do the work Americans won't do' with facts, and only facts, of the numerous violent criminal activities committed by illegals.

Ira Aten
April 12, 2006, 01:05 PM
"Texas has kicked the mexicans out once..... "

Texas did not kick the Mexicans out, they defeated the Mexican Army, and it's President, Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, signed a treaty agreement with the Republic of Texas, in the month of April of 1836, which relenquished any and all claims of the Mexico, against the lands of Coahuila y Texas, in consideration of Sam Houston releasing him.

Many Mexicans stayed on their Spainish land grantes, and fought alongside the Anglo colonists for Independence from Mexico, and one of the main reasons was the Mexicans inside Texas did not like the system of government they were forced to live under at the time by the Federalists in Mexico City, which was the "Ayuntamiento" system, consiting of government agents that were appointed by the highest ranking military officer of the Mexican Army within the "ciudad" or "villa", depending on the size of the community. The Mexicans within the area, wanted to be able instead, to vote for their "Alcade", or Mayor, etc. instead of the Military appointing them. They disliked the retired military living in the ciudad, being given preferential treatment in all matters. So they simply revolted, much like the Anglos did against Britain in the late 1700's, due to the corruptin inherent in a system that allowed the Military leadership in a small town so much political power.

So the "Reconquistadores" who have been taught revisionist history designed to make them think the Mexican Government was simply booted out by Anglos alone, in order to steal land, in my opinion would not much care for replacing that system of government. Heck, I think the corruption may be why they are leaving Mexico by the millions today, when you come to think about it.

I don't believe you, nor the majority of America wants to kick out Mexicans. I think what we want, is to remove Illegal Aliens from within our borders, no matter what race, because it is an illegal invasion of our borders, and we have no idea whatsoever who they are, and therefore any one of them could be a threat to our national security.

We the People, would simply like Congress to take certain Constitutionally described steps, to make certain our border is secure, and our shores are defended.

That is after all, their main legislative job isn't it?

Art Eatman
April 12, 2006, 01:59 PM
Ira, the issue for the vast majority of folks--not just THR et al--has been about the illegals. Race or nationality has nothing to do with it, except for a foolish few.

Seems to me like the biggest problem, overall, is that the race-card efforts play better in the media and thus in the minds of the Congress. This diverts attention from serious efforts at efficacious changes in the laws.

Art

Ira Aten
April 13, 2006, 09:22 AM
Art, Howdy:

I understand what you are saying, I think.

But take another look at the post, and unless I had a typo (or went off on one of my tin hat wacko diatribes) what I was pointing out by quoting him and clarifying who it is we threw out, and hope to remove in the future, is Illegal immigrants, wherever they are from.

His post said in part, "We threw the Mexicans out once, and we'll do it again"

I think his meaning was first, Texans removed the Mexican Army, not every Mexican, and that we hope to remove ILLEGAL Immigrants, be they Mexican, Syrian, Guatamalan, Iranian, etc., but often people will see the use of the word "Mexicans" as a racial thing, and not a description of Nationality.

longeyes
April 14, 2006, 02:28 PM
Omaha Schools Split Along Race Lines
Apr 13 10:44 PM US/Eastern
Email this story

By SCOTT BAUER
Associated Press Writer

LINCOLN, Neb.

In a move decried by some as state-sponsored segregation, the Legislature voted Thursday to divide the Omaha school system into three districts _ one mostly black, one predominantly white and one largely Hispanic.

Supporters said the plan would give minorities control over their own school board and ensure that their children are not shortchanged in favor of white youngsters.

Republican Gov. Dave Heineman signed the measure into law.

Omaha Sen. Pat Bourne decried the bill, saying, "We will go down in history as one of the first states in 20 years to set race relations back."

"History will not, and should not, judge us kindly," said Sen. Gwen Howard of Omaha.

Attorney General Jon Bruning sent a letter to one of the measure's opponents saying that the bill could be in violation of the Constitution's equal-protection clause and that lawsuits almost certainly will be filed.

But its backers said that at the very least, its passage will force policymakers to negotiate seriously about the future of schools in the Omaha area.

The breakup would not occur until July 2008, leaving time for lawmakers to come up with another idea.

"There is no intent to create segregation," said Omaha Sen. Ernie Chambers, the Legislature's only black senator and a longtime critic of the school system.

He argued that the district is already segregated, because it no longer buses students for integration and instead requires them to attend their neighborhood school.

Chambers said the schools attended largely by minorities lack the resources and quality teachers provided others in the district. He said the black students he represents in north Omaha would receive a better education if they had more control over their district.

Coming from Chambers, the argument was especially persuasive to the rest of the Legislature, which voted three times this week in favor of the bill before it won final passage on the last day of the session.

Omaha Public Schools Superintendent John Mackiel said the law is unconstitutional and will not stand.

"There simply has never been an anti-city school victory anywhere in this nation," Mackiel said. "This law will be no exception."

The 45,000-student Omaha school system is 46 percent white, 31 percent black, 20 percent Hispanic, and 3 percent Asian or American Indian.

Boundaries for the newly created districts would be drawn using current high school attendance areas. That would result in four possible scenarios; in every scenario, two districts would end up with a majority of students who are racial minorities.

Art Eatman
April 14, 2006, 02:56 PM
naw, no typo. :) Odds are that "Mexican army" was the intent.

I tried Googling--unsuccessfully--for a list of names of those who died defending the Alamo. I know there were a fair number of Latin-surname folks. Heck, just look at the names of Texas counties for Mexican guys who helped in the Revolution.

Legend has it that Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna was descended from a long line of bachelors. :D

Art

CatsDieNow
April 14, 2006, 04:05 PM
Alamo Defenders List (http://www.thealamo.org/defend.html)

danurve
April 14, 2006, 05:42 PM
Make it so any non-citizen is unable to receive welfare benifits. I don't give a [Edited, don't do it again -- LawDog] if their baby was born on American soil.

Bienvenido a América, ahora habla inglés

mordechaianiliewicz
April 14, 2006, 06:57 PM
The US did takeover Mexico and the Mexican-American War. That's how we got the Western States. Why when we got to Mexico City did we not simply say "Hah, you are now a territort, state, etc."

It was well understood at that time that Mexico proper was a stinking pile of cow feces rolled in warm spoo. Why cause a situatuation that would eventually lead to Mexicans demanding full citizenship and voting rights? (Which might also mean social services and a tax drain)

It seems our forebearers had it right the first time. I just wish our current political crop could understand this.

Biker
April 15, 2006, 04:17 PM
Good Lord, time to head for the Beam. I'm sure, however, that the Bush admin. will start enforcing existing laws against these employers.
No bout adoubt it...
Shot glasses are too slow...
Biker

longeyes
April 15, 2006, 05:56 PM
Our future is our past, a hundred years ago, and China's present: a vast class of lowly-paid migrant workers with no bargaining rights who work 13 hours a day, seven days a week, and sleep 12 to a room in single-sex hostels. China has untold millions in this category, flanked by a small, well-off consumer class and 750 million impoverished peasants who can no longer afford education or health care.

We keep talking about what we want, what we could do, what we should do. The point is, our government is not going to do ANY of this because it's not in the interest of the people who really run America now. And that's not us. Until we get right in the face of the people in D.C. and the friends in business they pimp for we are just blowing smoke up our own behinds.

Pass the Beam.

Firethorn
April 15, 2006, 06:17 PM
750 million impoverished peasants who can no longer afford education or health care.

I object to this statement. A more accurate statement would be "who never could afford". Why do all of those workers work 7 days a week, 13 hours a day, in those conditions? Because its' better than what they'd have otherwise.

Give it another 3-4 generations at we'll see the majority of the peasant class gone.

It's sad and all that, but uplifting people takes generations.

meef
April 15, 2006, 09:24 PM
Ira Aten -

For the record, I like the way you think and the way you express yourself.

longeyes
April 15, 2006, 09:28 PM
Education and health care used to be free for them; it no longer is.

China is loaded with new millionaires, who profit mightily off the factory towns--usually one product per town--that have sprung up to feed the consumer lust of countries like our own. The peasants have no bargaining power because they're not allowed any; they also lack residency rights.

As you say "it's sad and all that." I'm sure our own robber barons would feel right at home in today's China witnessing progress before their very eyes.

You'll see the peasant class gone all right. Those who haven't died off will have moved to the cities to join the slave hordes.

Uplifting people takes generations? Yes, it does, if you pay people one-tenth what they might get if they had any political rights. Those, you see, were bartered away so that the economic miracle of China could take place.

I hear the students at the university in Beijing have no knowledge of what happened 17 years ago. How could they when Microsoft, Cisco, Yahoo, and Google have helped the Chinese government control all "uncomfortable" information?

Art Eatman
April 15, 2006, 10:37 PM
These threads wouldn't get closed if people would use grown-ups' language instead of unacceptable trash-talk, and also stay on topic.

Art

If you enjoyed reading about "The Solution to the Immigration Problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!