Ever shoot your father?

PDA

Topgun
April 21, 2003, 08:48 PM
Don't know why I haven't thought of this in years, but yesterday I was talking to the wife and it just came back.

When I was young I worked for the family parts store. I would sometimes have to work nights to catch up on stuff and always took a gun because I was all alone in about 6500 sq feet of dark warehouse.

We had an alarm. I called in and gave my code. They said OK.

THEN....they called my old man and reported an ALARM. Well, he took a gun too.

I hear the back door banging and it pops open. I have MY gun pointing at the back door. Pop has his pointing at the INTRUDER.

The dumb sh*ts at the alarm company don't call COPS. They call HIM.

It was quick recognition and no one started blasting. We DID blast the alarm company though. And it was ....all..... on..... tape.

Dumbos.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ever shoot your father?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cool45auto
April 21, 2003, 09:17 PM
Wow!:what: That's sounds like a pretty close call! Glad everything turned out okay.:)

Ladybug
April 21, 2003, 09:54 PM
I shot my father-in-law once... we were shooting at a tree on his farm, and I managed to hit one of my already embedded bullets and it came flying back at him and hit him in the leg. No damage done, but I STILL have to hear about how he made it through three tours in Vietnam without getting shot, just to get shot by his daughter-in-law!

Glad everything turned out okay in your story!!

blades67
April 21, 2003, 09:58 PM
Nope.

Sharpie1
April 22, 2003, 12:52 AM
no

QuickDraw
April 22, 2003, 01:10 AM
Ever shoot your father?

Nope.
Don't think I ever wanted to either! :)

QuickDraw

atek3
April 22, 2003, 01:41 AM
i shot my cousin in the foot w/ a red ryder when i was twelve, does that count?

atek3

chevrofreak
April 22, 2003, 05:16 AM
i shot my dad in the *** with a pellet gun once :(

Kharn
April 22, 2003, 07:05 AM
We've shot at each other a few times. I believe I always got hit first, at the time I didnt have a job, so he had far more paintballs than I and his volume of fire was my downfall.

Kharn

cratz2
April 22, 2003, 08:09 AM
Nope... but if I ever did shoot my step-father-in-law, I'd want to make sure it was with something effective... He's a mean ol bastido. :p

blackhawk2000
April 22, 2003, 09:26 AM
Not yet, but there's still plenty of time.

Dain Bramage
April 22, 2003, 10:11 AM
I did use the time machine to go back to before I was born. It was nothing personal, just an experiment. I tried to shoot him, but the space-time continuum wouldn't let me. :scrutiny:

However Uncle Grodny bit it real easy, and now those anoying cousins are gone.

Kentucky Rifle
April 22, 2003, 10:27 AM
With a BB pistol. I thought I'd shoot him in the "Alpha". I also thought I was far enough away to outrun the ol' "Foxtrot". I wasn't. He ran me down and shot ME in the "alpha" at a MUCH closer range. I looked at my father differently after that. Kinda wish I could talk to him about it now. Have a few laughs.

KR

Hemicuda
April 22, 2003, 12:38 PM
Heck... Dad ran a paintball field when I was a kid... OF COURSE I shot him... I looked forward to those Sat am outings... it was my very mission to shoot my old man... (I was greatly successful too!)

one-shot-one
April 22, 2003, 12:43 PM
:eek: shot a cigerett out of my dads mouth with a water gun when i was 8, he was as mad as if ihad used a bullet.:p

Chris Rhines
April 22, 2003, 12:44 PM
Nope...but he was just introduced to my Airsoft pistol last night, so I don't know how long it will last. :D

- Chris

techmike
April 22, 2003, 07:06 PM
he's pretty quick for an old guy:D

Seriously though I'd hate to go up against him.

spacemanspiff
April 22, 2003, 07:29 PM
no, and no tears will be shed when that sob croaks.

Hot brass
April 22, 2003, 07:41 PM
No.

But,,,,,,

Posted: 04/21/03 22:58:57
A Tehachapi man accused of killing his father told detectives he had feared for his safety, according to investigative reports.
:uhoh:

Selfdfenz
April 22, 2003, 08:05 PM
No, but when I was about 4-5 I managed to get a fish hook stuck in his right hand and on another occassion did the same deal to his left had. He was really stuck too.

It was an accident.

It was also unfortunatly separated in time by about 2 minutes.

My Dad was one patient man let me tell you.
I sure do miss him.
S-

WhoKnowsWho
April 23, 2003, 10:09 AM
Nope, he wasn't around enough for me to ever have a chance! (Which is a good thing...)

But my older (thirty something) brother shot me in the back with a BB gun to see if it hurt.

And when I was 13, I played cops and robbers with my friend once in the backyard with BB guns, until we realized we were getting close to hitting each other...

Thumper
April 23, 2003, 12:22 PM
Quite a few times. He's gotten me a couple, too...spent shot in the quail fields.

BamBam-31
April 23, 2003, 02:49 PM
No, but I snuck up on him and put a small grape up his nostril once. Got lodged in there pretty good, too. :D

foghornl
April 23, 2003, 03:14 PM
No, but I am eternally grateful that my long-deceased dad taught me HOW to shoot, as well as when and when NOT to shoot.
Used to take us boys out and throw the 'clays' for us.

Thanks for the reminders of better times. :D

Neal Bloom
April 23, 2003, 03:30 PM
Shooting my father would only make him mad.

Hardtarget
April 23, 2003, 10:37 PM
No, I've never even come close...all that safty stuff must have stuck to me. On the other hand, I've shot WITH him more times than I can count. I don't think my F-150 could carry all the ammo we've burned over the years. GOOD TIMES! Now I'm doing the same with my sons...the beat goes on...:)
Mark.

rebbryan
April 24, 2003, 03:25 PM
I shot my father-in-law once... we were shooting at a tree on his farm, and I managed to hit one of my already embedded bullets and it came flying back at him and hit him in the leg. No damage done, but I STILL have to hear about how he made it through three tours in Vietnam without getting shot, just to get shot by his daughter-in-law!

LMAO very funny :D

nope my dad isn't a big fan of guns, therefore i had no chance to. wouldn't have anyways :p

ed dixon
April 24, 2003, 06:58 PM
My wife wouldn't even shoot her father a look.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ever shoot your father?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!