Closest thing to a Colt 1903?

PDA

Boiler_G
April 21, 2003, 09:32 PM
Shot a friends Colt 1903 and was wondering what the closest 'modern production' firearm is out there that resembles the old Colt 1903. It is a real neat little firearm and fun to shoot! So what is this mistery gun?

If you enjoyed reading about "Closest thing to a Colt 1903?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
firestar
April 21, 2003, 09:36 PM
I guess the closest modern gun would be the Colt Goverment .380. It is about the same size and feel and it is a .380.

Boiler_G
April 22, 2003, 12:28 AM
Is that Colt .380 still in production? If everyone remembers that 'Want gun would you like to see?' thread, I suggested something like the Colt 1903 hammerless in 9mm. 1911 manual of arms, but more compact and in a smaller caliber. Like a single stack, 3.5-4" bbl Browning Hi power or something like that.

Guess I am a loaner on this inquary? :(

George Hill
April 22, 2003, 12:36 AM
A Tokerov?

April 22, 2003, 12:41 AM
I am assuming you are asking about this mystery gun ?

http://www.coltautos.com/

If you like it, buy one. I see them for sale all the time. Of course I have one.

Boiler_G
April 22, 2003, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the site! I do plan to get a 1903 hammerless or 1908 hammerless (which ever one I come across first) some day, but was just curious if there were any similar configs in production today by other manufacturers.

I am the proud owner of a Colt 1991A1 80 series Gov't with the new rollmark, and would mind adding another Colt! :D

April 22, 2003, 01:13 AM
When I decided that I had to have one, I started looking in Gun List. There are some in there every week. I discussed the matter with my local dealer and suprisingly he told me that he gets them in fairly often; several per year. So, I waited. Sure enough, he gave me a call when he got one in. It cost me far less than the ones in the gunlist. No wait, this is all coming back to me. He had a woman come into the store with one to sell. He called me and set up a meeting between myself and that woman. I went to her house and bought it. After I got it, I ordered a complete new spring kit from Wolf. I don't remember if I actually fired it or not. I also can't think what I did with it. If I am off tomorrow, I will have to try to locate it.

MJRW
April 22, 2003, 01:24 AM
I've been trying to get that poor neglected thing away from my father for years. He doesn't shoot it, it just sits there with the mag full for at least 10 years, and he relies on that .32 as his home protection...I've tried it explain to him. "Dad, .32...mmm...not quite enough. Do you know how reliable it is? Do you know how to clear it? Do you know that the mag springs are still springy?" I will get it some day. What I really want more than me having it is for something I trust as his home defense gear.

If you enjoyed reading about "Closest thing to a Colt 1903?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!