CZ Poll

PDA

o/u mike
April 13, 2006, 08:58 PM
I suggested this thread to assess the sentiment regarding CZ's OF RECENT VINTAGE. Let's hear what the THRForum has to say.

Having trouble setting up the poll.

My 9 Categories would be:

1) CZ is the greatest gun manufacturer in the world

2) CZ is a great addition to our repertoire of gun choices

3) CZ represents a great gun value, and I am forgiving

4) CZ represents a great gun value, but I am not forgiving

5) CZ is like a lot of other manufacturers, be they domestic or imported

6) CZ needs to to a better job dealing with their success

7) CZ is "Overrated:"

8) CZ is just crap.

9) Don't bother buying one.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ Poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
VPJack
April 13, 2006, 10:27 PM
Have to go with choice #2, with a little bit of #3 the great value part. I have Sig's, Kimber's, a safe full of Rugers and even a Nighthawk Custom. For the money the CZ is the best over-all value. Is it as polished as the others? No, but it cost a fraction of some of the others also.

Jack(just my 2 cents and worth every penny)

krang
April 13, 2006, 10:30 PM
Choice 2 for sure. :D

JREwing
April 13, 2006, 10:46 PM
I'd say #2. Wife and I own two Sigs and a Kahr. We just bought a CZ75b and will have to say that I wish I would have heard about them sooner. Talk about a gun that is fun to shoot! Great balance, fantastic trigger, good looking, easy to clean, and a great value. Wife loves it so much, she wants a P-01 now. And a 97b and a Rami are not far behind. Looks like I'm hooked on CZ's. I would highly recommend them.

Pilot
April 13, 2006, 10:53 PM
I'm somewhere between one and two. The CZ line is just great. Rifles and pistols. The fact that they are not overpriced is just a bonus. My PCR and 75B are among my favorite guns and I have HK's, Sigs and many other "name" brands. The CZ's are just wonderful guns. I want a 97B and an 83.

ChuckB
April 13, 2006, 10:55 PM
My heart says #1, but my brain says #2. My 85 Combat is one heck of a handgun. The different trigger pull sensation concerned me at first, but now I don't really notice it- and it just happens to be the most accurate autoloader I've owned.

Chuck

Gary G23
April 13, 2006, 11:02 PM

CZF
April 13, 2006, 11:28 PM
NUMBA ONE! But I am a bit biased:D

http://onfinite.com/libraries/677827/6a5.jpg

http://onfinite.com/libraries/846333/0f7.jpg

Flying the CZ flag proudly!!

http://onfinite.com/libraries/852409/b42.jpg

BamBam-31
April 14, 2006, 12:38 AM
I, too, would have to say #2. Also, is it me, or are there six negative choices to three positive ones? You work for CBS? :D

Mulliga
April 14, 2006, 01:02 AM
#2. Not perfect guns by any stretch, but certainly worth the money. My three CZs (75B, Rami, and Kadet) are the last guns I would ever sell.

GunLocators
April 14, 2006, 01:24 AM
I say 3 :)

EZ CZ75
April 14, 2006, 03:34 AM
Number One, for sure! Nobody comes near them with quality and price!

mbott
April 14, 2006, 07:10 AM
I guess the fact that I own 12 CZs of recent vintage is gives me no choice here: #1

--
Mike

Juna
April 14, 2006, 07:39 AM
#1.5 :D But if I don't make up categories, then I'd say #2.

I think CZ is ONE OF the best gun manufacturers, but I can't say it's THE best--I haven't shot enough other guns to say so. But I'd say CZ and HK are my two favorite gun manufacturers without question.

I do think that CZ is probably the best VALUE out there, and I haven't found another pistol that I like shooting better or am more accurate with. It's an excellent gun for the price of a mediocre one. And while I love HKs, as well, the CZ is a much better value. It's completely reliable, durable, and has the best ergonomics and accuracy by far and away of guns in its price range, let alone most other (more expensive) guns.

P.S. I agree that there are too many negative choices on the survey (too many choices, altogether).

My poll would look like this:
CZs are:
1) The best manufactured guns ever
2) Excellent guns
3) Average guns
4) Below average guns
5) Highly over-rated pieces of junk

or this:
CZs are:
1) The best value out there
2) Better than what you pay for them
3) Worth what you pay
4) Over priced
5) Highway robbery

schmeky
April 14, 2006, 10:00 AM
I have owned numerous autos through the years and I would have to give my Pre-B, CZ-75 a 2.0 - 2.5.

Outstanding value for the money. Nothing else comes close, except maybe a Ruger, but I have never been able to warm up to the looks of the Ruger(s) autos.

manofsteele
April 14, 2006, 10:10 AM
I would say a 2. I have 6 or 7 for myself with more on the want list.

For me trying to sell a few CZ's, they have exploded in popularity this year, the word has gotten out.

With that they are having difficulty with keeping things in stock and getting things out. In a way its a good thing but when lets say 5 people want cz's and they cannot be found anywhere they may have lost some customers.

I love'em though, first semi auto was 75 satin nickel and it gets me all warm and fuzzy everytime I look at it.

Jason

armoredman
April 14, 2006, 10:17 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/choiceschoices.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/PCRPO1.jpg

Juna
April 14, 2006, 10:19 AM
Pardon me while I wipe up my little puddle of drool... :D

DirksterG30
April 14, 2006, 10:31 AM
Definately a 2!

Buck Nekkid
April 14, 2006, 11:07 AM
I just gotta say #1!!

I've got 4 recent manufacture CZ's (40P, 75B; 83, & 97B) and 3 Cold War 52's. There is just no comparison regarding versatility, quality, and value...oh and they look and feel better than anything I've ever wrapped my paws around!!

clipse
April 14, 2006, 11:31 AM
I'm gonna say Number 2. I like CZ ALOT but they are not perfect and there are better (granted they are few and far between but they are out there.)

I'll die before I give up my CZ 75B though.

http://www.alwayssafe.org/cz75b2.jpg

cameramonkey
April 14, 2006, 11:54 AM
I'd have to say 2 as well. I don't think a "magic sword" exists (but the P-01 is close!! :D ). If there was a perfect gun, we'd all own it and wouldn't need this forum.

DocHolliday
April 14, 2006, 01:23 PM
Put me down for a 2 please! In the future I may change that to a 1, but I have only had my RAMI for four weeks now. I will say though, its awesome!

Jiml3
April 14, 2006, 01:43 PM
I'll go along with #2. It's a great value for the money, has great ergonomics
and has been totaly reliable.

Walt Sherrill
April 14, 2006, 04:26 PM
I really like CZs, and lust after a Tactical Sport. I'd say a 2.

There are a few other guns I like just as much. (But they aren't as affordable.)

CZF
April 14, 2006, 05:22 PM
The new Tactical Sports poster is Awesome!

robertbank
April 14, 2006, 05:24 PM
Mark me down for a 2. They just are great guns. Love my CZ 85 getting a SP-01 for IPSC.

Take Care

Dollar An Hour
April 14, 2006, 06:00 PM
CZ pistols are a solid value, but the triggers have been gritty crap for some time now. Although my friends CZ-83 .380 was fine in this department.

I like their rimfire rifles, super accurate and unbelievable for the money.

Omega
April 14, 2006, 07:07 PM
100% #2

http://www.czgrips.us/images/CZfamily%2002_05.jpg

ChuckB
April 14, 2006, 08:49 PM
"CZ pistols are a solid value, but the triggers have been gritty crap for some time now."

My 85 Combat trigger is, well, different than other autoloaders I've shot, but gritty would not describe it. The difference is apparently a camming of the hammer during the trigger pull.

Chuck

Walt Sherrill
April 14, 2006, 09:09 PM
Some new CZ triggers are gritty. Some are so-so. Some are pretty nice. (I picked up a ANIB 75B .40 recently that was just about ideal.) There's no predicting which you'll get. Most of them smooth up pretty nicely after a couple of hundred rounds. You can dry-fire too, (use a snap cap) to speed the process.

The only way to get rid of the camming, which IS more pronounced on some of the newer guns, is to have the sear/hammer interface angles changed -- which someone using jigs can do easily. Jim Miossi, who participates on the CZ forum does it, as does Mike Eagleshield, Matthew Mink, and Angus Hobdell -- all very competent gunsmiths who know CZs inside and out.

roscoe
April 15, 2006, 02:58 AM
I'd say #2, but if they made a nice compact 10mm, #1!

asiparks
April 15, 2006, 03:36 AM
#2 .....I sold my sig 220 to fund a Pre B 75.....I 'm a lover of the 1911 too, few Kimbers, a series 70 GCNM and a Valtro, but the 75 is kinda my go to gun at the mo... For under $600 I don't believe anything else offers such a complete "package" of dependability, reliability, looks and ergonomics...as they sell at less than $400, well that's just even better....:D

tegemu
April 15, 2006, 09:02 AM

robctwo
April 15, 2006, 09:57 AM
2. CZ75BD, Standard IPSC, P-01 and Kadet kit. 10,000 rounds of .22 will work the grit out of the trigger.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/robctwo/PICT1498.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/robctwo/PICT1486.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/robctwo/IMG_2136.jpg

JDGray
April 15, 2006, 10:11 AM
I took a chance on a gun I've never heard of, and glad I did! Best shooter I own. I'll put in at a 1.5:)

TriggerMan
April 15, 2006, 06:42 PM
I would vote #2, just got my first CZ a few weeks ago, it's a 75B-SA, great gun and no failures after 500 rounds, but it sure does need a good trigger job, lots of creep, but it doesn't seem to affect the accuracy any. Now I'm looking to get a 97 next. Here is a target I shot at 25ft. with 20 rounds, most of them went into the same big hole on the upper right of the bullseye:D http://www.pbase.com/davedent/image/58291071/large.jpg

HighVelocity
April 15, 2006, 06:55 PM
2) CZ is a great addition to our repertoire of gun choices

http://webpages.charter.net/silverspurs21/range/cz85b_5shots_7yards_031206.jpg

:D

Playsitloud
April 15, 2006, 09:31 PM
Definitely a 2. Dependable, accurate,easy to use

modifiedbrowning
April 15, 2006, 11:25 PM
#2. My P01 is a great pistol. A SP01 is high on my list right now.

hessy
April 16, 2006, 10:31 AM
I love CZ. Apart from 1911 guns, they are my primary carry and competition guns.

Cz75 Retro
CZ75B+Kadet kit
CZP-01
CZ453 American

Ala Dan
April 16, 2006, 10:36 AM
Too me, choice #2 seems the most fitting~!:D

shaggycat
April 16, 2006, 08:48 PM
I am going with #2.

As a sidenote, anyone starting a pool on when BevrFevr will start knocking them?:neener:

VPJack
April 16, 2006, 11:11 PM
don't pick on poor Bevrfevr I think he likes em better than he lets on. On one of the other posts he said he has this really crummy CZ, so the nice guy I am, I offered to ease his pain and take it off his hands at a fair price. You know I haven't heard a word from him, He must have changed his mind about them, ya think.

Jack

Walt Sherrill
April 17, 2006, 07:24 AM
I'm a regular participant on the CZ-Forum and we see a number of problems mentioned there.

The total number is relativeily small -- probably very small when you consider 1) folks tend to come to those sites when they have problems, and 2) we have almost 6000 members, and they are generally VERY, VERY enthusiastic about CZs.

The most frequent problems, of late, are spring related.

Other frequent problems are those common to folks new to semi-autos or handguns in general: not really problems as much as learning experiences.

asknight
April 17, 2006, 08:28 PM
Firmly #2 of course. I was recently in the market for a CCW 9mm and found the 2075 RAMI-P fit the bill perfectly. It was more accurate and more comfortable in my hands than the Khar, Kel-Tec, and Glock.

Now if I could talk myself into a P-01 to do a little head-to-head with my 226 I would be set for a little while.

o/u mike
April 17, 2006, 08:40 PM
Please do share! I assume that -P means polymer. New entry for this year. We want to know your experience...

atblis
April 17, 2006, 08:41 PM
that I couldn't get a sub 3" group at 25 yards (10 rnd groups too).

asknight
April 17, 2006, 09:10 PM
o/u mike, ding ding! Right on. When I first handled the standard RAMI, I wasn't very interested. It felt a little too bulky/blocky and butt heavy with a loaded magazine, to me. After thinking it over for a couple of months and trying out other brands I found the RAMI-P at one of my smaller local dealers. After handling it for about 5 minutes, I was filling out the 4473 and laying $425 on the counter. It came with two 10 round flush-fit magazines and I picked up a 14 rounder with pinky grip from CheaperThanDirt for about $34. What sold it to me? The balance, weight, and natural pointability. What confirmed that I had made a good choice? The accuracy and reliability. I've put about 500 assorted rounds through it thus far without any flaws or hiccups. It has it's magazines stoked with 124gr +P Gold Dots and shoots them into ~1" @ 7 yards off-hand, which is my standard CCW accuracy test.

schmeky
April 17, 2006, 10:06 PM
I have owned many 9's. The CZ-75 is the only "reasonably" priced, out of the box auto (in 9mm) that shoots BETTER than many top shelf revovlers.

The out of the box accuracy of my Pre-B 75 is nothing short of stellar. The build quality of my 75 is amazing for the price.

There is absolutely nothing that compares to a CZ for the money. Nothing.

chaim
April 18, 2006, 05:46 PM
CZs are great guns and great values, but don't be lulled into thinking they are the best thing since sliced bread.

I have a CZ 75B which is highly, but not 100%, reliable. It is extremely accurate. It is well made with good fit and finish (interior is a bit rough).

I had a CZ 40B which was a great gun and near 100% reliable.

A buddy has a CZ 85 Combat which was reliable as a range gun, and maybe reliable enough to consider for self-defense (it certainly wasn't 100% reliable but it was mostly reliable), until he started tweeking it (he may buy some replacement parts to bring it back to factory spec).

I certainly recommend them highly, but I realize they aren't perfect. Fit and finish is good, but not great. They do sometimes put out unreliable guns too- an online friend had one that was sent back so often that CZ replaced it, the replacement too was returned to CZ often enough they replaced that, and the third needed work to become mostly (about 95%) reliable as well, he only trusted it as a fun range gun. Still, they are well made. They are usually reliable. They do always seem to be quite accurate for an inexpensive service pistol, sometimes approaching target gun accuracy. They are always a lot of fun.

BevrFevr
April 24, 2006, 12:09 AM
I was staying out of this fray but my name has been dragged into it. I feel sorry for those of you that can type but not read. I feel most sorry for those that can read but are a little to dumb to comprehend.

I do not hate cz.

I have owned a cz much longer than many of you. You know, long before it was cool.

In my 10 YEARS OF CZ OWNERSHIP I have seen them fail more than I would like. In fact the 3 that I have fired all malfed and not just in my hands. If that makes me a bad person so be it.

I had a bad experience with cz customer service that still has not been taken care of. Not a fan of that.

Czs can be great guns. I plan on trying to fix the one I have and maybe maybe buy another. But when I buy it at least I will know ahead of time that if I need to defend myself or my family I should reach for the smith and wesson.

shamus
April 24, 2006, 07:17 AM

I'd say #1 for my personal opinion, #2 for an unbiased opinion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/shamus005/cz75target210shots.jpg

Walt Sherrill
April 24, 2006, 01:19 PM
Bevr wrote:

I had a bad experience with cz customer service that still has not been taken care of. Not a fan of that.Just curious. Have you followed up with CZ-USA on this point?

BevrFevr
April 24, 2006, 08:30 PM
yes, I ended up buying the parts that Mike said were "in the mail". They arrived when they said they would. $8 shipping. A little high for such a small envelope but hey at least they actually sent me these.

Kind of pisses me off cause I want an SP-01 so bad I can taste it (more so becuase I have the money) but I don't want to go through all this bull**** again. It would be nice of them to actually put good parts in BEFORE they sell the pistol.

A lot more expensive than they should be. The extractor alone was like $30. It looks noticably different too. More delicate than the original yet it also looks more finely machined.

I have not installed it yet and will try to post images of both extractors and springs when I have them out for others to reference. Not sure how my digital will handle macro images of that size yet.

Walt Sherrill
April 24, 2006, 08:47 PM
The shipping costs are painful.

But I had a similar experience with SIG this past week -- bought two recoil spirngs for the 2022 (9mm version), and had to pay $8.75 shipping. (Wolff doesn't have THAT spring, that I could find, or I would have bought from them.) I ordered it on Wednesday of last week -- and am waiting.

MidnightRambler
April 27, 2006, 12:36 AM
I'm down for a #2.

CZF
April 27, 2006, 10:48 PM
Since 1985 my CZ and the others that have joined it have been 100% reliable.
I can't say the same for the SIGs, S&W, and even Glocks- that I've had along the way. My Rugers have worked fine..

Should I ever have a malfunction with a CZ, I think that It would overload
my brain. Even my CZ75 based Witness has a 100% record.

The same can be said for every CZ rilfle that i've owned or shot.

No gun or any tool is perfect, and right for everyone. They (CZs) just are perfect for me:)

http://onfinite.com/libraries/507764/bab.jpg
http://onfinite.com/libraries/846333/0f7.jpg
http://onfinite.com/libraries/870826/a1e.jpg

robertbank
April 27, 2006, 10:56 PM
My CZ 85 broke an extractor but it has been going bang without fail for 18 years. Think I'll change out it's springs while it is in the gun hospital.:D

Take Care

soonerjh
April 28, 2006, 12:40 AM
number 2 for me. I will never get rid of my P-01, its a great gun! now I need a Rami, a Cz 75b and a few more! :)

aubie515
May 10, 2006, 11:50 PM
#2, BUT their Customer Service sucks at CZ. I had a recent issue that dragged on....CZ did make the situation right by me, but I was tempted to sell my CZs on principle alone. I am glad I reconsidered and added another CZ to my collection today.

P. Plainsman
May 11, 2006, 12:13 AM
I'd say #2.

It's fairly early days with my CZ 75B -- I'm up to around 1000 rounds. It has given me perfect reliability, and it looks and feels great. It gives a lot more practical accuracy in my hands than my previous centerfire autoloader (a SIG P220).

The only real flaw is a creepy SA trigger. (The DA is lousy, but irrelevant. I use Condition 1.) While it doesn't render the pistol unworkable, still, if somebody wanted me to do a difficult piece of fine shooting with money on the line, I would reach for one of my revolvers.

On rare occasions the CZ displays a failure to lock back the slide at the end of a magazine, when standard pressure ammo is used. I regard this as harmless.

My two 15-round CZ magazines (which can actually hold 16 rounds, though I don't do that) are perfect so far. The magazine spring seems a little weak, and I am keeping an eye on that to see if it turns into a problem as the pistol is used more. No glitches yet.

The 75B is a high quality, fairly priced gun that I have recommended to others.

dont_matr
May 11, 2006, 12:31 AM
Put me down for #2. :D

http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/dont_matr/5car6.jpg

cookekdjr
May 11, 2006, 11:08 PM
They might be the best. I started to explain why they are a wonderful manufacturer, but not necessarily the best...then I thought about it some more.
Call them "best all around".
-David

Craig M. Arnold
May 12, 2006, 12:02 AM
I like my CZs a lot. Very accurate and mine are all 100% reliable.

Best regards.

http://www.huntingpictures.net/photo/003222

ChefJeff1
May 12, 2006, 12:16 AM
2 I like my pcr but I am thinking of selling it. It'sjust a little too big for ccw and it;'s been replaced. It is a real nice gun though.

CZguy
May 12, 2006, 12:18 AM
mbott,

I guess the fact that I own 12 CZs of recent vintage is gives me no choice here: #1

I knew it! My wife tried to tell me eight was enough. I knew I needed more. :D

dev_null
May 12, 2006, 12:39 AM
I say 3. I love the look and feel -- and the price -- but every one I've handled could have profited by a trigger job.

o/u mike
June 11, 2006, 10:16 PM
Well...

...I started this thread because I wasn't happy with the trigger on my CZ2075 RAMI in 9 mm relative to my first two handguns, a Ruger GP100 in 4" and an MRI Baby Eagle semi-compact in 9 mm. My RAMI was my third handgun. After 450 rounds I wasn't happy with it. Then I acquired a Browning Buck Mark in .22, spent some time with it, and then my loaded Springer 1911 in .45 showed up.

The RAMI was an orphan for a while, as I got acquainted with the new additions to the family.

I went back to the RAMI today for the first time in months. Function was flawless, and the shooter has become a better shot since he last put it on the FL. While the trigger is not my favorite, especially since getting my 1911, it put the lead where I could.

I now have a new appreciation for it. CZ's are pretty damn good, ... for the money.

BTW, of all my handguns, it was the least expensive, with the exception of the Buck Mark.

P.S. The Springer is the most accurate after the Buck Mark, with a close second by the BEagle.

I'm getting the hang of this after 8 months and 5 handguns!

Thanks to all on this forum for all their help and advice over the last several months.

270Win
June 11, 2006, 11:43 PM
so #1 and #2

Caseless
June 13, 2006, 01:40 AM
How about choice
10) CZ prevents me from overspending my handgun budget because most other 9mm handgun makers just don't stack up against a 9mm CZ.

just one question
June 13, 2006, 05:14 AM
They are ok, but way overrated imo. I was going to buy a FN hi-power, but the CZ75 reviews changed my mind.

My CZ jams ever 100-200 rounds and the trigger pull is not too great either. I won't sell it, it's a nice pinker but I think there are better guns for the money. (at the shop I go to they cost as much as a glock, XD, heck they are more then a spring field GI:what:

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ Poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!