Forum etiquette question

PDA

tomwalz
April 14, 2006, 06:19 PM
Would it be appropriate to offer a new product for test here?

We have a new product that works very well in the lab and in field tests. We would like to sell it to the firearm market. Before we do that we would like to know if actual, serious users see enough value in it.

We would give away our test product in exchange for user reviews here.

Thank you
Tom Walz

If you enjoyed reading about "Forum etiquette question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Billy_H
April 14, 2006, 06:23 PM
You'd probably get a better response and be looked at better if you contacted an Admin/Owner/Staff member directly (PM, email, AIM, etc) and asked them. I know I appreciate that on the boards that I run.

lee n. field
April 14, 2006, 06:28 PM
Put in in the appropriate buy/sell section, perhaps.

cslinger
April 14, 2006, 06:41 PM
I think it is generally frowned upon to join a forum just to sell a product. If you are actually looking for feedback and not looking to simply sell the product then chances are nobody will mind and you are likely to get very good feedback.

Wait for word from a moderator or forum owner before going forward, that would be my advice.

Chris

f4t9r
April 14, 2006, 07:28 PM
I have to ask , what kind of product ???

Monkeyleg
April 14, 2006, 07:46 PM
Didn't somebody with a new cleaning product do a similar thing months ago, where he offered his product to THR members to evaluate? The name Blue Wonder comes to mind, but I'm not sure if that was it.

FXR
April 14, 2006, 08:02 PM
I'd have no problem with a vendor joining up to market a new product, as long as they keep the business in the For Sale section. Your premise of offering the product in exchange for reviews on the site seems fair to me.

Good luck! --K

'Card
April 14, 2006, 10:32 PM
Yeah, once your product gets to the point where you're selling it, then something in the For Sale forum would be most appropriate, but if you're in the development stage and are interested in feedback on the concept, I can't see where there would be anything wrong with that.

In fact, I think that sort of thing should be encouraged, to be honest. Might help some manufacturers avoid some of the dumber mistakes we've seen in the past.

Preacherman
April 14, 2006, 10:38 PM
Oleg Volk is the boss of THR, and his OK would be needed for something like this. No objection in principle, I would think - approval would depend on the specifics of the offer. I suggest you contact him via PM or e-mail.

If you enjoyed reading about "Forum etiquette question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!