Old Dominion Gun Show

PDA

Ol' Badger
April 22, 2003, 09:35 AM
When is the next Gun Show? They never get the show list to me in time. I think its a Post Office plot! Any help will be great. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Old Dominion Gun Show" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
April 22, 2003, 09:41 AM
Don't depend on them mailing out the listing, go to their listing on the VCDL site: http://www.vcdl.org/odgs.htm

Several of us have been burned in the past when they changed the sched at the last minute (within a few weeks of a show), so a mailed list may not be as reliable anyway.

Ol' Badger
April 22, 2003, 10:04 AM
A little woman wants a gun. I guess I have to take her.

Mike Irwin
April 22, 2003, 11:27 AM
I second Mal's advice. I was one of those burned when they rescheduled a show.

Matter of fact, I think Mal and I and another person went that day.

David Park
April 22, 2003, 01:49 PM
Last I heard, the Leesburg show had been "postponed". Might want to check on that one. Either way, it's too small to bother attending (IMHO).

Also note that the next Bealeton show conflicts with the C&E show in Richmond, which will probably split the vendors:
http://www.cegunshows.com/richmond.htm

Mal H
April 22, 2003, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, David. Sounds like their information, in any form, isn't as reliable as it used to be.

To be honest, it's getting such that their shows aren't worth going to any longer. I recall the good old days when there would be around 400 tables that filled a huge room in Stirling. They don't even have shows there now. Dale City no longer attracts high volume/low price dealers.

Mike Irwin
April 22, 2003, 01:59 PM
The Sterling shows were in the old Hechinger's on Route 7.

That location was taken over by, I believe, Burlington Coat Factory, and no other location in Sterling was suitable for a show.

I really don't understand why ODs gunshows aren't doing better. They're really the only player for Northern Virginia, so should be excellent.

David Park
April 23, 2003, 08:45 AM
I expect Dark Sun and others to be at the next Dale City show, since it doesn't seem like there are any other shows that weekend. Really, though, it seems if you want a wide selection you have to go to Richmond.

I think the Leesburg shows are dependent on current national security concerns. Since we've dropped down to "yellow" alert, the show may be back on.

JohnBT
April 23, 2003, 02:18 PM
"...it seems if you want a wide selection you have to go to Richmond."

...and stop at Green Top - U.S. 1 at the Atlee-Elmont exit on I-95.

For years I've been meaning to attend some of the NOVA shows. Oh well, I guess I won't. I went to the Fishersville show and saw some new stuff - and some of the usual suspects as well.

John

If you enjoyed reading about "Old Dominion Gun Show" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!