possible problem with gun

PDA

oldskoolfattieg
April 20, 2006, 02:42 AM
iv put around 600rds through it now and sometimes when I'm shooting it the hammer stays cocked back and sometimes it doesn't giving me a different trigger pull on different shots is this normal or what
?

If you enjoyed reading about "possible problem with gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dsk
April 20, 2006, 02:50 AM
No offense, but if you want intelligent answers try providing us with some actual information (type of gun, for example). For all we know you're having a problem with a plastic squirt pistol.

oldskoolfattieg
April 20, 2006, 03:11 AM
its a Taurus pt92af brand new just got it on Monday, iv put about 600rds through it so far and when im shooting i load a mag and rack the slide fire it,it hasn't jammed at all but sometimes the hammer doesn't stay cocked back after the shot, so i get different trigger pulls while shooting sometimes i get a single action light pull and sometimes a heavier double action pull

p.s yea i hav bad grammer big whoop wanna fight about it

Jimmie
April 20, 2006, 03:14 AM
holy run-on sentence, batman.

Steve C
April 20, 2006, 04:00 AM
...when I'm shooting it the hammer stays cocked back and sometimes it doesn't...

What may be happening is the hammer is following the slide. This is usually a problem with an improperly cut hammer and sear engagement. Return it to Taurus describing the problem. Its a situation that will likely get worse and can be dangerous as you could get an accidental discharge. You should be able to recreate the problem if you dropp the slide on an empty camber w/o a magazine in the pistol. Usually if its a sear engagement problme you'll get enough bounce on the gun so the hammer will fall off full cock when the slide is dropped without a magazine.

The other situation with the Taurus could be the decocking feature of the pistol itself. If it is faulty it could be decocking the gun as you fire it. It could also be that you are resting your thumb on the safety lever and could inadvertently be pushing it down enough to decock the pistol under recoil when shooting. In this case the solution will be to keep your thumb up or out and off the safety when shooting.

Lebben-B
April 20, 2006, 08:30 AM
It could also be that you are resting your thumb on the safety lever and could inadvertently be pushing it down enough to decock the pistol under recoil when shooting. In this case the solution will be to keep your thumb up or out and off the safety when shooting.

Edited: Not very High Road.

Janitor
April 20, 2006, 09:13 AM
p.s yea i hav bad grammer big whoop wanna fight about it
Why on earth would anyone want to fight you over your use of the language? Given that you're the one who brought it up, it seems that you're the one who has an issue with it.

Uh ... welcome to The High Road?

/j

Steve C
April 20, 2006, 01:08 PM
Quote:
It could also be that you are resting your thumb on the safety lever and could inadvertently be pushing it down enough to decock the pistol under recoil when shooting. In this case the solution will be to keep your thumb up or out and off the safety when shooting.

Edited: Not very High Road.

:confused: Now I'm confused. Perhaps you don't understand the working of the Taurus combination safety and decocking system. The 1911 type safety on the Taurus 92/99 acts as a typical cocked and locked safety when raised in the up position but when pushed down past the off position it will decock the pistol. So what exactly is wrong with my assessment of a potential cause of the original posters problem?

Crosscut
April 20, 2006, 01:31 PM
You may be limp wristing it, Taurus PT92 has problems if you don't keep a firm grip.

oldskoolfattieg
April 20, 2006, 10:29 PM
big whoop wanna fight about it is a quote from family guy
http://bigwhoopwannafightaboutit.ytmnd.com/

GoRon
April 20, 2006, 10:44 PM
The other situation with the Taurus could be the decocking feature of the pistol itself. If it is faulty it could be decocking the gun as you fire it. It could also be that you are resting your thumb on the safety lever and could inadvertently be pushing it down enough to decock the pistol under recoil when shooting. In this case the solution will be to keep your thumb up or out and off the safety when shooting.

I was thinkinking the same thing. I mainly shoot my 1911 with a high thumb hold on the safety. On a couple of occasions I have decocked my Taurus 92c by pushing down on the decocker while firing the gun.

I love the Family Guy, welcome to THR.:cool:

silicon wolverine
April 21, 2006, 01:20 AM
Yeah its kinda like cartman ripping on jews or bart simpson saying dont have cow man.,

SW

oldskoolfattieg
April 25, 2006, 05:49 AM
iv shot it some more and im not putting my thumb on the decocker and the hammer still somtimes doesnt stay cocked back while firing, thinking about sending it to taurus

p.s whats the average turnaround time on sending guns to taurus

p.s.s it seems to happen on rapid fire only most of the time

If you enjoyed reading about "possible problem with gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!