Shipping ammo rant

PDA

kid_couteau
April 22, 2006, 03:01 PM
Hi All

Well this week has left me a bit on edge.

I had some excess ammo and I figured I could sell it to pay some bills.

No Prob.

All of the people I sold it to are very nice and a pleasure to do business with.

The problem is the shippers.

I ship through Fedex. and since I have had issues before when shipping guns I figured I better get all of my ducks in a row with this.

So I called Fedex. Nice lady tells me I can ship ammo ground. Cool

Fedex website says it has to have an ORM-D sticker but no Hazmat fees. Cool I will just get stickers at Fedex.

So my wife and I load up 4 boxes of 640 rounds each and head to Fedex.

Once there I find they dont carry the ORM-D labels there. (lady is very nice and helpful but she didnt have stickers)

So we call the Fedex hotline. I ask lady if I can just draw the orm-d label on the box and she says yes but since it is going ground I can not drop it off at the Fedex station.

Drive all the way back home. Did I mention gas is $3.11 for the cheap stuff up here.

Get on fedex website, make an online account and set up pick up which may cost me an extra 4 bucks per parcel.

Oh well at least I learned something today about shipping stuff over the computer.:banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :fire:

See ya All and thanks for letting me rant.:)

Kid Couteau

If you enjoyed reading about "Shipping ammo rant" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
April 22, 2006, 08:40 PM
Don't blame FedEx. The Department of Transportation establishes rules for commercial shipment of dangerous goods. Ammunition shipped as part of a commercial transaction fits that description. This is to protect the traveling public.

kid_couteau
April 22, 2006, 09:03 PM
I dont rweally have a problem with Fedex. Most of the people I have dealt with there are very nice.

I just wish they had the information I need more readily available.

Kid

If you enjoyed reading about "Shipping ammo rant" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!