she almost got her first thumb

PDA

mikeb3185
April 24, 2006, 05:41 PM
i normally shoot at a local indoor range (it snows 9 months out of the year) and two other guys one 30ish and one 55ish. they were both shooting new beretta 9mm rifles(the name escapes me) after a while my self and the younger one traded weapons. it shoots very well by the way. before i wrapped up for the night i asked the older one if he wanted to shoot my glock 19, he did, before handing it to him i went over basic safty, and stepped away from his booth. he fires 2-3 shots and turns to me: gun in hand finger in trigger guard to say he "he likes it" i tell him to point it down range and the "finger in the trigger guard" lesson again. 4 more shots and he decides he wants to use two hands. he puts his left hand over his right with his left thumb in the path of the slide! i yell again, clear the weapon and show him what would have happened. he asks me why does it do that, i explain he nodded finished the rest of the mag and left

anything different i could/should have done?

If you enjoyed reading about "she almost got her first thumb" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
panzermk2
April 24, 2006, 05:58 PM
NOPE you where watching and did not miss anything.
When you saw something you got all over it.
With a loaded gun things can get BAD very fast so as a part time RO
speed in correcting is always best. If you are a little to brisk tobad they will learn.

Justin
April 24, 2006, 06:25 PM
Sounds like you handled it well.

There's nothing wrong with yelling if you need to get the attention of someone wearing hearing protection right now.

MrTuffPaws
April 24, 2006, 06:35 PM
Same thing happened to my sister. I was able to stop her just in time before she got really pi**ed at me. :D

Cacique500
April 24, 2006, 07:38 PM
anything different i could/should have done?

Trade your G19 in on a 1911 :neener:

Seriously though, good job on keeping him safe - nothing can spoil it for a 'new' shooter more than a painful injury.

Stiletto Null
April 24, 2006, 07:42 PM
CX4 Storms.

If you enjoyed reading about "she almost got her first thumb" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!