Who is VALOR INDUSTRIES TELLICO?

PDA

ASRacer
April 24, 2006, 11:56 PM
I found a charge on my credit card account from: VALOR INDUSTRIES TELLICO PLAIN TN

They charged $59.25 to my card, but I can't for the life of me figure out what for. I thought I found some kind of gun related reference to them and I hate to dispute the charge if I ordered something and forgot about it.

Still I cannot find anything about the company.

Has anyone heard of them? Does anyone have some contact information for them?

Otherwise I'm going to be disputing that charge.

If you enjoyed reading about "Who is VALOR INDUSTRIES TELLICO?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
April 25, 2006, 01:01 AM
Welcome to THR!

And congratulations for possibly the oddest first post.:D

Try the Tellico Plains city office and they might have some idea.

(423) 253-2333

ASRacer
April 25, 2006, 11:48 PM
LOL

Thanks! I've been racking my brain trying to figure out where that charge came from and what it's for. Still have received nothing in the mail, nor found any contact phone number.

:(

ABTOMAT
April 26, 2006, 12:19 AM
The only Valor Industries I know is a furniture company, although they're not in TN.

Bruce333
April 26, 2006, 12:27 AM
11 business names with valor in them in TN... http://www.tennesseeanytime.org/sosname/results.jsp

Talasean
June 26, 2006, 09:46 PM
I bought a new style long arm sling & a new style holser for my wife at a local gun show from Valor Industries, Tellico Plains, TN recently. Their number is 423-253-6853.

Hope this helps.

ninjaposse
October 26, 2007, 12:20 AM
To Whom It May Concern:

Hello, my name is Hugh Harris and this is an account of me dealings with Valor Industries of Tellico Plains, Tennessee and how they stole from me.

I attended a gun show in Winston Salem, NC and bought three gun holsters from Valor Industries on July 21, 2007. When I got home, only one of the holsters fit. I called Valor on July 25th to ask about exchanging my holsters and I talked to Joe, an employee, who told me the company was moving their building and that I should call back in a week. He also told me that they would need pictures of my guns with a tape measure next to them so they would know what size to make the new holsters I was exchanging for. I took the pictures they asked for and sent the pictures to them via e-mail August 3rd.

I called the company on August 8th and talked to Wendy Fryer, a co-owner. I asked for Mark Fryer, Wendy’s husband and Valor co-owner, to call me back. Wendy told me I needed to send more pictures of the guns. On Aug. 16th, I sent maybe half a dozen more pictures of the guns, just as they had requested.

The next day (August 17th), I talked to Mark about special ordering two holsters for my daughters as presents. Mark explained that for $30 extra dollars, he could make two pink and purple holsters to fit my guns in exchange for the two holsters I had already bought from Valor at the gun show. I placed my order and he assured me they would be done in two weeks. Mark also guaranteed that if I paid to send him the original holsters I had bought from Valor, he would not charge me for shipping the custom made holsters to North Carolina. We had a pleasant conversation and Mark seemed excited about making these particle holsters.

On Aug. 23rd, I mailed the two holsters from Mount Airy, NC back to Valor Ind. in TN and included my phone number, address and another picture of the gun they would be making the holsters for. I called Valor on Aug. 29th to make sure they had received the holsters I had sent. I talked to Wendy who told me they had received the package the day before. Since I had had the packaged insured, I also have a receipt from the post office confirming that the holsters were indeed delivered on Aug. 28th.

On September 3rd, I had not yet received the holsters so I called the company to ask about them and talked to Mark, who assured me that he had been working on the pink and purple holsters and they would be done in the next two days. I again called on Sept. 10th to see how my order was coming along and I talked to an employee who said they had been making a lot of pink and purple holsters. I asked for them to call me back and I left my number and address.

On Sept. 14th, a month after I had originally special ordered holsters from Valor, I again called and talked to an employee named Kay and left a message for Mark or Wendy to get in contact with me about my order. I was beginning to get frustrated that they had not yet sent my order and on Sept. 19th I called and asked if they could please send the holsters to me by the 27th, my daughter’s birthday, because they were suppose to be a present. I called again on the 26th.

I was disappointed on the 27th because that was my daughter’s birthday and the holsters I had specially ordered for her were not here and it had been almost a month and a half since my order. I called from my home to inquire about why they were not yet here. I talked to an employee named Jack who told me they had been cutting the pink and purple holsters and that he thought my order was done. He apologized greatly for the inconvenience and he promised he would personally find out what was going. The same day, a woman called at my work and left a message with the secretary that said “Whatever you do, do not call Valor Industries again! No charges were made to your credit card. We do not have your holsters. Please stop calling our company.” The secretary then said a man got on the phone and said “We do not have your holsters! Do not call any more. We did not make the holsters and we did not charge your credit card.” He was very angry and harassed the secretary at my work. She described him as a “furious man” and did not want him to call at my work again. This was the first case of Valor Industries returning my calls.

By now, I had spent more than $40.00, including the first holsters I sent back to Valor without being reimbursed and the $6.25 shipping charge, not counting the cost of my out-of-state telephone calls to Valor Industries. Fed up, I called on October 4th in an attempt to get some of my money back. I talked to Wendy Fryer who told me they had never had the colors (pink and purple) and that the holsters weren’t done. She also claimed that I was the one hassling Valor Industries. I told her that every time I had called they told me, first of all, Valor had the colors; secondly, the gun holsters were in progress; and thirdly, a few times they even told me the holsters were completed or near completion. When I said Mark had promised me they carried a “Pepto-Bismol Pink” as one of their holster colors, Wendy retorted that Mark “didn’t know what he was talking about”. I told her that I would be satisfied and stop calling them if she sent me $40.00 to cover the cost of the holsters I returned and the shipping. Wendy assured me she would send me $35.00 because she felt shipping should only cost $5.00. As of October 25th, I have still not received any of my money back or my holsters.

This company has lied to me, taken my money, and led me on to believe they would deliver a product but failed to do so. They seemed pleasant until about September 27th, when people started getting angry at me for wanting something for what I had paid for. This is unfair and when I told them I would contact the Better Business Bureau if they failed to return my money or my holsters, they apparently did not care or they would have done something by now. The product itself was good but the service was terrible. They robbed me and the only apologies I got were not from the owners, but from the employees Jake and Kay.

Regards,

Hugh Harris

P.S. This is their new phone number; apparently they changed it this week: 1-423-887-6853.
The only address I have is the following:
Valor Industries
PO Box 333
Tellico Plains, TN 37385

Hope this helps.

stevemis
October 26, 2007, 12:25 AM
There's a show coming up in Raleigh. Hugh, if I see these folks at the show, I'll hand them a printout of your post as I walk by.

kirkcdl
October 26, 2007, 09:42 AM
Or maybe stand in front of their table and hand one to anyone that stops to look??:evil:

Rob62
October 26, 2007, 02:02 PM
Welcome to the Highroad Hugh!

A very interesting read.

Hugh, that is about as well written and chronological report of events as I have ever read. Seems to be totally without bias and factual.

Hope everything works out for you.

Rob

TEDDY
October 26, 2007, 02:39 PM
I believe if you called the credit card co.they may be able to do something for you.also call the town office.and better business board.:confused::uhoh::fire::banghead::cuss:

Bodeehouse
January 16, 2008, 03:09 PM
Don't you ever, EVER make a purchase from Valor industries. I made a (stupid) $30 cash purchase for a holster combo back on Dec. 22, 2007 at a Memphis gun show and I've received nothing but the runaround from these clowns. Holster: never sent. Emails: no response. Multiple phone calls: various people with various stories, viz: Long, 2 week winter vacation for the entire facility; shop is changing locations; product went out "last week;: etc. Thieves, charlatans, crooks, and liars. Beyond that, they are fine people to deal with! There are typically many holster dealers @ these gun shows - use 'em, but not Valor Industries.

98C5
January 16, 2008, 04:45 PM
Where did all these new guys come from to post something bad about VALOR??

This is wierd.....:confused:

Hiaboo
January 16, 2008, 05:52 PM
Yea really... This smells funny to me too.

Jorg Nysgerrig
January 16, 2008, 06:05 PM
This smells funny to me too.

Why? The first post was from Apr 2006 from a member who joined over a year prior. The second post happened a year and a half later, no doubt by someone who Googled the name of the company and found this thread. Now, 3 months later, it seems someone else found the thread, most likely via Google again.

I suppose one might consider it plausible that this is the most patient conspiracy to take down a vendor ever, started when ASRacer registered 3 years ago and continuing until today using these three posts to subtly infiltrate The High Road. That does seem pretty unlikely to me.

Occam's razor: It's got electrolytes.

the naked prophet
January 16, 2008, 07:38 PM
"most patient conspiracy ever"

I love it! :D

UKTN
January 16, 2008, 08:22 PM
I have some land near Tellico Plains, which is a wonderful small town in Eastern TN near the Cherokee National Forest. There are only 850 people in the town and I have never heard of them so they probably work out of their home!

Bodeehouse
January 27, 2008, 08:09 PM
I'm the guy from post 12, and this is no conspiracy. Poster 15 was dead-on; I Googled Valor (sic) to see *** was with these thieves, and I stumbled on this superb site. The only thing 'fishy' about these interactions is on the part of Valor - poor service, poor (to non-existent) communications, and consistently sub-par business practices. Valor is a shame on an industry that already has more than enough enemies. Valor = Hanoi Jane.

Geronimo45
January 27, 2008, 08:27 PM
Tellico Plain: It's like Area 51, only with more mosquitoes.

dardbrown
February 24, 2008, 07:01 PM
Hello,

I just Googled Valor and found this site. I went to a gun show in Tulsa last December and ordered a holster and paid cash. I just found the receipt and plan to contact them. I will let you know what happens. After reading the postings, I am not hopeful.

98C5
February 24, 2008, 08:40 PM
Okay, what is their website? Do they not have an online addy?

98C5
February 24, 2008, 08:46 PM
Why would anyone order a holster from a vendor at a gunshow with cash??? If they didn't have what I wanted, I would ask for a website to order from. Not give them cash and hope they send one to me.

Superlite27
February 24, 2008, 08:49 PM
I googled it myself. This "Valor Industries" of Tennessee who makes holsters was mixed in an awful lot of results with a "Valor Industries" of Pakistan who specialize in leather goods.

Even though a holster is also a leather good, I'm not sure of a connection.

Coincidence?

All I can say is "Caveat Emptor".

woad_yurt
February 24, 2008, 10:04 PM
Have you disputed the charge on your card yet? Tell the card provider that you're disputing it. They only give you approx. 60-90 days to do so. You'll get your money back.

nobius
February 25, 2008, 06:53 PM
It is odd, but when you Google them, the only related site that shows is this one.

frostd19
December 21, 2009, 05:47 PM
if anyone ever wants to take these idiots to court just let me know,ive got the goods.frostd19@yahoo.com
ex employee

If you enjoyed reading about "Who is VALOR INDUSTRIES TELLICO?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!