Target Frame Plans Needed

PDA

hso
April 25, 2006, 07:45 PM
Oddly enough I don't have a set of the plans for 2x4 + 2x2 target frames!!:banghead:

Anyone got a source for the standard "H" base target frames?

If you enjoyed reading about "Target Frame Plans Needed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sm
April 25, 2006, 08:48 PM
The first post in Brian Enos link is a H Stand.

On that page on one of them threads that follow is another one - sorry

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18781

Our own P95Carry, also has some plans, go PM him and wake him up for more details, tell him I sent you...:p

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7835

Sorry, I had some other links, cannot find them with these and other designs too.

Steve

Art Eatman
April 25, 2006, 09:51 PM
I made up a frame from 1/2" PVC pipe and fittings. Didn't glue it, so it's collapsible. It's a bit flimsy, though. I imagine 3/4" or 1" would be better.

H-shaped base, and a tall square U with a cross-piece. Easy to carry when broken down into the base, upper square, and the two intermediate legs.

Very easy to do, and inexpensive.

For holding paper targets, I ran thick wire across, held with hose clamps. Clothespins on the wires hold the paper.

Art

hso
April 25, 2006, 11:05 PM
Thanks guys.

1Longbow
April 25, 2006, 11:18 PM
For something really cheap,I just took a plastic 5 gallon pail ,I then took a saw and cut a slit across the open end ,down to about 8 inches. I cut my cardboard wide enough to fit across the opening and pushed it down into the slot cut by the saw. It holds the cardboard very tightly and if its windy you can put a rock in the bottom of the pail to hold it still. 1Longbow

stevelyn
April 25, 2006, 11:44 PM
Jim Gardner has a short 2 pg article on target stands using 1 1/2" PVC pipe and some fittings in the current issue of American Handgunner.

It's essentially a "U" shaped frame with a "T" on each side to hold your uprights.

silverlance
April 26, 2006, 02:45 AM
i bought a 6' spinner with frame and h-frame from www.metalman.com

expensive - with shipping came out to about 140$.

but you can't beat 500 brinell steel. 8 people hit that 6' spinner plate simulatenously with .38, 7.62x54r, .308, .223, .45, 9mm (there were more than one of some). spinner took roughly 500 hits during the day and then 500 more the next. the only damage was to the paint and the mounting carriage bolts, which of course could not be hardened but can be rplaced for $1 at any hardware store. everybody was surprised and impressed.

the h-frame was also very satisfying, kept the target in place and 1"x2" wood is pretty cheap and easy to find. i bought two long pieces for $2.49 ea at home depot, had them cut each in half for me, and as of today there are 5 holes in one piece but because it is high quality pine it is still holding itself up very nicely.

now three people at my range also want them, too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Target Frame Plans Needed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!