Ultrasonic Solution Solution

PDA

Ak Guy
April 26, 2006, 12:52 AM
I think I found it !! A while back I was looking for the "right" solution for use in an ultrasonic unit. I called Hoppe's, enquiring about "No 9", and they recommended instead their "Elite Gun Cleaner", which I think is relatively new. I ordered a jug, and have cleaned 9 handguns (pistols and revolvers) and it has been everything I hoped it would be !! (Before I sing praises, no, I have zero to do w/ Hoppe's, or anyone, yadda yadda blah blah...)

It's non-toxic, non-flammable, biodegradable, oder-less(almost), and NOT water based ! (It supposedly leaves behind a thin coat of corrosion inhibitor.) It doesn't harm polymer, plastic, or rubber, and is OK w/ skin contact. And on the first set of nite sites (MMC) it did not hurt them. (But the white rings sure are brighter!).

Like everyone says, these ultrasonic thingys clean right down to the BARE metal, and a good oil bath is needed afterwards. The best deal I found on this stuff was at Brownell's, who have it for $70 per gallon.

(But I didn't save anything on my car insurance......Hmmmm......)

If you enjoyed reading about "Ultrasonic Solution Solution" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Standing Wolf
April 26, 2006, 06:14 PM
Well, heck! I thought it was water-based.

I've been using Hoppe's No. 9 in my ultrasonic tank. It doesn't heat the solution enough in ten or twenty minutes that I need to worry about fire, although it definitely perfumes the air.

I'll give the Élite cleaner a try. Thanks, eh?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ultrasonic Solution Solution" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!