Looking for shooting vacation venue

PDA

poppy
April 26, 2006, 03:22 PM
I have some money and time to spend and would like some suggestions from my fellow high roaders on a place to spend a week mostly doing shooting activities.

Basic criteria:

Traveling alone from SW Ohio; would prefer easy driving distance so that I can take a number of long and hand guns. (300+/- miles)

Like reactive targets in general.

Would love to learn to shoot skeet.

Would like access to a long range rifle range.

Learning handgun combat skills would be a bonus.

Have some interest in cowboy action shooting.

I would prefer to do a variety of activities. Any ideas?

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for shooting vacation venue" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BullfrogKen
April 26, 2006, 11:06 PM
http://www.teddytactical.com/NTIXIV.html

Does the National Tactical Invitational sound like what you're looking for?

poppy
April 26, 2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks, Ken for the link to the NTI, but it is too advanced for me. I have not had any kind of formal training, so I'm looking for something that is fun but not too complicated.

aguyindallas
April 26, 2006, 11:57 PM
What about some Sig training in New Hampshire at the Sig Academy?

ReadyontheRight
April 27, 2006, 12:09 AM
Camp Perry is in North Central Ohio and they have a whole Summer worth of fun. Training and competitions.

You can also buy Garands and 1903s at the CMP's store by jumping through a few relatively easy hoops beforehand.

www.odcmp.com

Zen21Tao
April 27, 2006, 04:53 AM
I would say come visit beautiful and sunny Florida but (according to the Brady Bunch/VPC) with our new "shoot first" laws Florida has gone from a once friendly place to visit to a septic tank of violence where the streets are stained with the blood of the innocent. :rolleyes:

poppy
April 27, 2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks Ready, I had completely forgot about Camp Perry; I need to check it out.

poppy
April 27, 2006, 11:30 PM
Any more suggestions? Thanks in advance.

BozemanMT
April 28, 2006, 08:59 AM
Whittington Center, the NRA's big range in Raton NM. (I also think the NRA has a range in Virginia, but i've never been there. I can't find the link quickly, but it exists.

An Appleseed shoot. (from fred's in fredsm14stocks.com)
http://www.rwva.org/yabbse/index.php?PHPSESSID=0a7c714e6b6c0bbd48c953df4dff87c9&board=45.0

The wife and I will be at Worland.

Thunder Ranch of course in Oregon.

Make a tour of sporting clays ranges however far you want to go.

Lots of things to do.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for shooting vacation venue" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!