Would you EAT your pet?

PDA

Malone LaVeigh
January 3, 2003, 09:44 PM
OK, we've had the "Would you use deadly force for your dog" and the "Would you kill your dog" threads. Now for the SHTF folks, if things got bad enough and your kids were hungry, could you eat Fido or Fluffy?

If you enjoyed reading about "Would you EAT your pet?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AZTOY
January 3, 2003, 09:47 PM
My dog no

But i'm fatting up a cow for dinner.
http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ed/muccaproduction.gif

thumbtack
January 3, 2003, 09:47 PM
I would hate to do it, but as an extreme last resort I would. Please don't tell them I said that.

pax
January 3, 2003, 09:48 PM
Silly to ask that question of people who are well fed.

If there were a famine, I would not give the dog food which could instead feed my children. And if it came to that, I would kill the dog rather than let him starve to death.

Can't answer further than that, not being there. Hunger makes people do things they would not otherwise do.

pax

I don't care how much you and your cat love each other, if you were one inch smaller than the sweet little kitty, he'd eat you in a heartbeat. -- Tom Gard

2dogs
January 3, 2003, 09:49 PM
I'm sure they'd eat me.;)

Lone_Gunman
January 3, 2003, 09:49 PM
Hell yes.

Man has dominion over animals, and that would include Fido.

Children will not starve while dog meat is available.

Sorry Fido.

RANash
January 3, 2003, 09:50 PM
When in China a few years back, I ate dog, cat, fox, and a few other things. If the dog was young, it would be good eating, but if not...you'd really have to be hungry! :D

Malone LaVeigh
January 3, 2003, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I've got a few chickens I'd have to go through first, and ol' Tango wouldn't make much of a taco anyway.

blades67
January 3, 2003, 09:51 PM
Fluffy yes, Fido no.:neener:

2dogs
January 3, 2003, 09:57 PM
ol' Tango wouldn't make much of a taco anyway.

WAAHAAAAAHAAAAAA:D :D :D :D

Schuey2002
January 3, 2003, 10:02 PM
Skunk, are you out there ??:neener:

As for me, No way !!

2nd Amendment
January 3, 2003, 10:05 PM
We have a cat so I'd be eating...

Nevermind...

:evil:

Redlg155
January 3, 2003, 10:08 PM
After Fido was gone we'd be drawing straws. :eek: :D

As for me I like the line I saw in a movie once.

You can eat me if you promise me one thing....You'll lick the plate when you're done!

Good Shooting
Red

AZTOY
January 3, 2003, 10:20 PM
I have the cow. But i think i could get a white tail or a mule deer before a would have to eat Fido.

New_comer
January 3, 2003, 10:50 PM
Of course I would, especially if it's my cousin Bebot who did the cooking! :D

Navy joe
January 3, 2003, 10:54 PM
Not as long as I can find a PETA member, I hear they're organically raised... :evil:

Ninj500
January 3, 2003, 10:58 PM
Wouldn't even need a reason to eat my dog considering she's dumb as a bag of hammers it might be the most humane option.

Marko Kloos
January 3, 2003, 11:07 PM
Closed as OT.

If you enjoyed reading about "Would you EAT your pet?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!