Wife's first trip to the range

PDA

Shipwreck
April 29, 2006, 06:11 PM
After years of asking, I was amazed that my wife told me this morning she would come w/ me to the range - she told me when I picked her up at her piano lessons.

I have been asking her for years to come - if not to shoot, then just to watch. She hates guns (she is from China, and things are quite a bit different there).

Anyway, she came w/ me. I took my 1 week old USP 9mm compact, my regular USP 9mm, and my SW99. The regular USP was too large of a grip for her. And, she ended up liking the USP compact the best - I personally shoot my SW99 better than any other gun I have ever shot, but my USP compact is my 2nd fav I think.

She did pretty good. Let her shoot at 15 feet. She grouped pretty well.

Surprised me... Someone was shooting machine guns on the range. 1st time I had seen that. So, I would wait until his bursts were done before I would continue. Pretty loud in the indoor range.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wife's first trip to the range" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1911Ron
April 29, 2006, 06:24 PM
Good job getting her out to the range:D

You realize that you may of lost the USP compact don't you:D

Shipwreck
April 29, 2006, 06:27 PM
Yes, I think so :)

If she comes enough, I might get a 22 one day.

When I got out of town now, I will leave her that gun to use. I don't want to confuse her with the different operations of my various guns.

I leave the USP fullsize and compact cocked and locked. So, I have taught her to thumb the safety and shoot.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wife's first trip to the range" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!