Gun Stores near Giddings, Texas?

PDA

the 22 junkie
April 29, 2006, 06:21 PM
Does anyone know of any gun stores in or around Lee County, Texas? My Dad owns a farm around there where I do all my shooting, and we will probably be spending about a week at a time up there come summer, and ammo sure flys when your having fun. I do know of M & R Firearms in Rockdale, but seems to be run as more of a hobby store than anything, and I heard that they closed down recently. Preferably not in Austin, getting into a city I dont know my way around is usually not the way I like to spend weekends. Thanks.

-T22J

PS: Lee County, Texas
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7a/Map_of_Texas_highlighting_Lee_County.png

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Stores near Giddings, Texas?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shipwreck
April 29, 2006, 08:34 PM
I work in Burleson County, 1 county over.

I think there is a gun store in Bastrop, but I am not too familiar where.

I live in College Station - The city is not too far from Lee Co - In college station is a place called Champion Firearms. Just come down Highway 21 into Bryan. Turn right onto Texas Avenue, and then continue on for a few miles into College Station. It's in the same shopping center as the Hobby Lobby - it will be on the left. If you pass Target, you went too far.

Champion has the largest gun selection around here. And, actually pretty good prices. I have yet to see better prices in this area unless you go to a gun show.

Spreadfire Arms
April 30, 2006, 12:39 AM
Johns Guns on Highway 95 about a block north of Highway 71, in Bastrop.

per google:
Johns Guns, (512) 303-4867, 900 State Highway 95, Bastrop, TX 78602

here is the link to the Mapquest map:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&address=900+STATE+HIGHWAY+95&city=BASTROP&state=TX&zipcode=78602

there is also a Super WalMart if you want inexpensive ammunition in Bastrop. just continue westbound on Highway 71 past Highway 95 and exit at Hasler Blvd (the first exit past Highway 95). you'll see Super WalMart on the left side. it is open 24/7.

the 22 junkie
April 30, 2006, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the replies, there seems to be a place in GIddings called Tejas Trading Post, does anyone know anything about that store?

Duh_Bear
May 1, 2006, 05:29 PM
+1 for Champions. They've always been good to me and my family.

Shipwreck
May 1, 2006, 06:09 PM
+1 for Champions. They've always been good to me and my family.

I bought a gun there last week in fact. Since 1996, I have purchased nearly every gun I have owned from Champion.

seeker_two
May 1, 2006, 07:50 PM
Champion is good...but I really like Burdett & Son's just down the road. The gun selection is more classic & less plastic, and the staff is friendlier... :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Stores near Giddings, Texas?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!