Guns = sin

PDA

PinnedAndRecessed
April 30, 2006, 05:33 PM
I was sitting in church today reading about greed and how bad it is. Greed is always wanting more than you need; more than your fair share; etc.

It dawned on me that after my most recent handgun purchase (one you guys helped me select, btw), I still wasn't happy. Because I immediately began conniving as to how to buy another gun.

And it dawned on me what the article (I was reading) was saying, viz., we're never satisfied. It's always "just a few more."

Well, I repent. It's not going to happen. I'm going to bring the thing under control.

(Just after the pinned and recessed M29/629 with four inch barrel; national match Colt 45 ACP; Diamondback with 4 [or 6] inch barrel; M41 Smith; Beretta 92 Inox; Sig 226ST; and Remington 700 LH varmint rifle in 223.............)

But that's all!

If you enjoyed reading about "Guns = sin" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Run&Shoot
April 30, 2006, 05:49 PM
Just remember, it is not the gun that equals sin, it is the lusting in your heart. :) It is not how many you buy, but why you buy and how that balances with other responsbilities in your life. I am sure you are a responsible "collector" who is exploring and learning about his field of interest and not some rabid nut buying every piece of junk that comes along. Right? I mean, RIGHT?!

SolaScriptura139
April 30, 2006, 07:12 PM
I agree with Run&Shoot. It's really not the amount that you buy (to a certain extent), as long as you're tithing, and you're not spending beyond your means. I do agree with you that it would be greed if you're never satisfied with a gun. It also depends on how you buy the guns, are you buying them right away with a credit card, or are you saving up for them from spare money? Because the gun will be more satisfying if you use the principle of delayed gratification. Buying it now on compulsion will always make it less satisfying.

AndyC
April 30, 2006, 07:14 PM
Tithing me 10% of your collection will help assuage the guilt...er....my son :D

evan price
April 30, 2006, 07:21 PM
Coveting is a sin. It is not wrong to desire new things or other things;It is only when you make that desire a stronger part of your life than say, need to respect and love your family, or praise the Lord, that it becomes a sin. If your desire to purchase more guns causes harm to yourself or your family, then it is sinful. If you have so many guns that you cannot safely store them it becomes sinful.
Otherwise, it's just normal to want something different.

PinnedAndRecessed
April 30, 2006, 07:39 PM
If you have so many guns that you cannot safely store them it becomes sinful.

Well, rats.

Now I've gotta go buy another safe.

ozarkhillbilly
April 30, 2006, 07:51 PM
SolaScriptura139 and evan price what they said.

Heraclid
April 30, 2006, 07:53 PM
+1 SolaScriptura139!

Easy come, easy go. Hard to come by, treasured possession. May sound pathetic, but I started down the road to my first handgun in December. I finally put money down on one yesterday. I started saving but something would come up. Other obligations and such, and I could have been selfish and let some things fall by the wayside but didn't. Seems like forever. But it would have been far less gratifying. Snake_guy said it best in his signatures...

"She is yours. You may find, however, that having is, after all, not as satisfying as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

redranger1
April 30, 2006, 07:58 PM
i think pinnedandrecessed has got an excellent point. we are as christians to be content with what we have and with what we dont have. but the other guys have made great points aswell. the important thing is to put the appropriate proiorities first.

bumm
April 30, 2006, 08:24 PM
Wanting more guns can't be as bad as "coveting thy neighbor's ass."
Marty

xd9fan
April 30, 2006, 08:34 PM
opps

Vern Humphrey
April 30, 2006, 08:37 PM
Greed is always wanting more than you need; more than your fair share; etc.

I need about 20 or 30 more guns, and I still won't have my fair share.

So for those who feel guilty, send me guns until you feel cleansed of your sins and mark it down to my account in Heaven.:p

xd9fan
April 30, 2006, 08:40 PM
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering....

Guns lead to dignity, dignity leads to freedom, freedom leads to peace........

hmmmm needs more work.....

Guns = sin....no. Like anything else in this life....its want you do with what you got that counts.

2TransAms
April 30, 2006, 08:43 PM
I'm a Christian,and I've spent plenty on guns and ammo.Oh,lots of ammo...But I'm content with what I have,with the guns I own. Now I'd certainly like more,but I'm content with what I have.I don't neglect the bills and tithing to buy more guns. Or ammo. It's only sin if it takes the Lord's spot in your heart.Same is true of Trans Ams or bikes or anything that you like.

evan price
April 30, 2006, 09:05 PM
If you have so many guns that you cannot safely store them it becomes sinful.

Well, rats.

Now I've gotta go buy another safe.

What I mean by that, specifically, I have a friend who spends every extra cent he has on guns, ammo, and more guns. Literally there is no place to sit down in his little house because there are so many guns leaned against walls, on chairs, on tables, on the sofa, on the fridge, etc. etc. I bet he has 300 or so pistols and long guns none of them in a safe and all just laying out in the open all over his house. He lives in a not nice neighborhood also and has a reputation with the ese's that he is a guy witha lot of guns who will shoot you if you do anything funny. That's not too far away from, "Hey lets get our own guns and kill him and steal his guns" on the streets.

Basically, if you are happy with and appreciate what you have, there is n oproblem. If what you have does not make you joyful and instead leads you to believe that your gun collection sucks unless you have one more Kimber... or another rifle.. or whatever and you are never ever satisfied... then you have problem.

"Want everything you have, instead of having everything you want."

real_name
April 30, 2006, 09:08 PM
Everything is sin. Same as nothing is sin. Depends which doctrine you're following and how closely you're following it.
Like some people eat pork and some people don't.
I'm sure there are as many Atheists who believe guns are a sin as there are Christian Fundamentalists who don't. And vice-versa. Ad infinitum.

Sin to me is 'actions that result in a negative moral impact'. Things like laziness, or infidelity. Lusting after a gun or two doesn't make me lose any sleep or gain any grey hairs. As long as I am living within my own morals I will be able to live with that.

For the record I'm not a Christian, I'm not much of anything but I am Buddhist if that helps to define. My morals are strong and easily adhered to, don't hurt yourself or others, don't make trouble and practise moderation.

To surmise, wanting more guns isn't a sin, or it is. For me it isn't.

geekWithA.45
April 30, 2006, 09:09 PM
Pride.
Envy.
Lust.
Greed.
Gluttony.

Don't be sad, 5/7 ain't bad...

Kaylee
April 30, 2006, 10:33 PM
I think it's a question of where are you drawing your happiness from. I think that's also basically what the "Shall have to other Gods before me" means. It could be as terrible as getting into a drug spiral, or it could be realizing that you have nothing left to hold to if and when someone in your family dies. Everything on earth will pass, and that includes us. Thus, placing your trust in the temporal will be at best disappointing, at worst terribly self-destructive.

In other words.. no, your liking guns is no sin. Your liking getting new guns is no sin. But if you take the greater part of your happiness from your hobbies, then you are doing your heart no favors. Few pleasures are as transitory as the "new toy" pleasure.

(spoken as someone who's wrestled with the same problem. :p )

velojym
April 30, 2006, 10:57 PM
If ya earned it, it ain't greed.
That's one of the peeves I have with folks on the left, who've been messing around with the dictionary.
Evidently they believe that my lazy cousin 'deserves' lots of stolen taxpayer money, while those who work hard and make lots of sacrifices deserve less. In fact, they'll remind you of that every payday.
Bollocks.

eastwood44mag
April 30, 2006, 11:38 PM
We covet what we regularly see.

Just don't look at the catalog and you'll be fine.

GrammatonCleric
May 1, 2006, 12:25 AM
I personally am pretty satisfied with my G21. I would like a few more guns eventually, but I don't feel any need to buy everything I see in my local Popguns. I'm pretty much a minimallist in that regard. My wishlist is pretty short.

M1 Garand 30-06
Remington 870 OR Mossberg 12 gauge
S&W M625 pre-lock with full underlug
Glock 20 10mm.
See what I mean?

rayra
May 1, 2006, 12:34 AM
"Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

Luke 22:36

:D

odysseus
May 1, 2006, 02:52 AM
Remember, guns don't sin - people do.

If it's one thing it could be another...

Koobuh
May 1, 2006, 03:32 AM
'Greed', that is, wanting more than what you have, is not a sin; acting covetously is. That is, wanting not a rifle like your neighbor has, but HIS rifle, which leads to the temptation to steal HIS rifle from him. Going out and getting your own, just like his, if you can afford it without harming your family's financial well-being, is perfectly fine.

BTW, 'tithing', that is, earmarking exactly 10% of your income to go to the church, is un-necessary. Give only what your heart compels you to, as Jesus said. If that's 10%, dandy.

Remember, though; where your heart lies, there shall be your reward.

Hemicuda
May 1, 2006, 07:44 AM
Or, you can do what I do...

Ignore organized religion, and tithe your 10% at the GUNSTORE!

if I were to choose a religion, Wicca would be it... but I claim no actual religion, and just have my own core beliefs to get me through...

as for coveting my neighbors guns... I have more and nicer ones than he... I am pretty sure if coveting is happening, it's him coveting mine... (fine by me...)

Thin Black Line
May 1, 2006, 07:50 AM
Just remember, it is not the gun that equals sin, it is the lusting in your heart.

Which is where all sin begins.

Wanting more guns can't be as bad as "coveting thy neighbor's ass."

I suppose we'll find out on judgement day. It's a difficult path to follow
to be a Christian (Mat 7:13-14)

SolaScriptura139
May 1, 2006, 08:37 AM
BTW, 'tithing', that is, earmarking exactly 10% of your income to go to the church, is un-necessary. Give only what your heart compels you to, as Jesus said. If that's 10%, dandy.

Actually, the word tithe means "tenth". Could you give me a reference for that, where Jesus says to give as your heart compels you? I'm not trying to argue with you, I've just never heard that argument before. And tithing to the church is unnecessary, the tithe goes to God, so you can spend in any number of ways, ie. helping the poor, buying a bible for someone, etc. I give my tithe to the church I go to, and then anything I do for others I consider a sacrificial offering.

I'm sure there are as many Atheists who believe guns are a sin as there are Christian Fundamentalists who don't.

Actually, I don't know of too many fundies that think of guns as sin. But I'm no expert on that, so you're probably right. I'm not a fundamentalist, but that depends of the definition of the word. To me, a fundamentalist like the KJV-only, condemn everybody, preaching hellfire without grace (which is not the gospel, there is justice and grace in it), and not open to other denominational viewpoints. I guess I would be called a fundie though by the left, because I am a conservative christian, holding a calvinistic viewpoint, and believing that Christianity is the only way. Is that the definition of fundamentalism for you guys?

PinnedAndRecessed
May 1, 2006, 09:16 AM
Could you give me a reference for that, where Jesus says to give as your heart compels you?

Dunno what the other posters meant, but many (including myself) refer to 1 Cor 16:2, which says,

Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

The New Testament does not reiterate the law of tithing. Tithing was a part of the Old Testament law, as I understand.

And yes, tithing is technically 10%, but the Jews had to do this several times. Their gross contribution to all tithes was close to 25%.

Is that the definition of fundamentalism for you guys?

The mainstream media perverts the term. It has a purely negative connotation among secularists.

I am a fundamentalist. I believe the Bible to be the inspired word of God and is the final authority in all matters of faith and doctrine. I believe we should speak where the Bible speaks and be silent where the Bible is silent.

But no, I don't believe the KJV is the only version. Even the KJV has mistakes. (Acts 12:4, for example.)

1wildbill
May 1, 2006, 09:21 AM
As Paul McCartney wrote, "Whatever gets you through the night."

I took a "Bible as Literature" class once and the teacher had a PhD in Theology from Oxford, was Australian by birth. Nice guy. He told us of a theory that one of his professors had about turning the other cheek. In the first century when a man slapped another man he did it with the back of his hand, if you offered him the other cheek he had to slap it like a woman would, with the palm of his hand. Today's vernacular: a bitch slap. He would be too ashamed to do that. Well I don't know about that theory, but it shows how everyone can have a different interpretation of the same thing. He also told us of another professor that said that if it could be positively proven to him that Jesus had never existed, he would still be a Christian. I think he makes a point but misses the main point.

I consider myself a Christian and often ponder how that fits in with my CHL and the need I feel for self defense. I don't have an answer. I think that anyone that thinks they have all the answers as far as religous faith is concerned has a problem instead. Some questions don't have any answers. I give as much as I can to my church, some would say I should give everything, try to be a good man and try to serve my fellow man anyway I can. I also try to protect myself and others from harm. After all I am only human.

marshall3
May 1, 2006, 09:58 AM
I'm a pastor in TN. How about giving 10% of your guns to your pastor. That way, you won't feel guilty anymore, and your pastor will like it!
www.waysidechurch.org
www.mouseguns.com
:)

Mongo the Mutterer
May 1, 2006, 10:07 AM
Mongo has done a bit of studying while laying about. Studies included religion and philosopy.

Here is my cut to the chase analysis of the human condition (no seven deadlies, no sin, nothing...)

Man is governed by two things .. Fear and Greed. Any actions we take are either towards something (greed) or away from something (fear).

If you think about it, this covers Heaven and Hell, and the rest of our beliefs...

YMMV

real_name
May 1, 2006, 10:13 AM
Marshall3, that is an excellent idea, as long as you redistribute these guns in your community to the needy. (I need a Para Ordnance LDA Carry).

And in answer to Solascriptura139's statement that there aren't too many Fundamentalists who regard guns as sin (IHO), well unless you have met them all and asked them all and believe them all that is just speculation. People are complicated beings and are often hypocritical. I could as easily say that I don't believe there are any Iranians that don't want to see the destruction of Israel and the USA, but I know that is wrong.
What people say outwardly is often very different to what they believe inwardly. To belong to a group you take on the group identity, on the outside, but it is normal and healthy to retain your own identity and values on the inside and question those group values.
I do know Fundamentalists who regard guns as a sin. Only one family and I don't assume they represent anyone (or everyone) else but it is possible that there are more.

ball3006
May 1, 2006, 11:27 AM
then you better not get a Curio and Relic license..........that license makes you buy way more guns than you ever thought of beforehand, driving you into the poor house and not being to afford food for your family, etc..........chris3

poppy
May 1, 2006, 12:40 PM
Guns = sin
Though the body of your post seems to be "tongue-in-cheek", the title is what bothers me. Guns, of course, don't equal sin any more than money equals sin. Bibles readers know that it is the love of money that is the problem, so maybe it is the love of guns that is the problem.

(As far as Jesus talking about what to give, try reading Luke 18:22 where he says in part, sell all that you own and distribute the money to the poor. As a practicing pastor, I believe it is short sighted to limit giving to 10%.)

This is the high road, so let's not be loose with terminology. We complain about the anti's using terms like "gun violence" rather than "violence involving the use of guns" so let's not feed the fire with terms that play into their missconceptions. We do that when we publish, even in a joking way, a term like guns = sin.

PinnedAndRecessed
May 1, 2006, 12:40 PM
often ponder how that fits in with my CHL and the need I feel for self defense

Romans 13:3,4 says, For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

This is talking about governmental authority. The context is obviously when said authority is pursuing valid and righteous laws. Such laws as, say, that prohibit evil men from murdering you and raping your wife.

Righteous governments recognize that they cannot protect all people. Therefore a righteous government will enlist the citizenry to assist in protecting itself. One way govt does this is to allow citizens to go armed. This is a consistent theme throughout history. This is a trademark of a righteous government.

Obviously the government where you live has enlisted you as your own defender of righteousness. If a criminal attacks, you respond by using lethal force. You terminate the evil man in accordance with law.

That is God's will.

Exodus 20:13 says, "Thou shalt not kill." The word for kill is actually "murder."
The Jews were not forbidden from killing another man. They were forbidden from killing another man without legal cause. That's murder.

The Jews actually were required to kill for a number of reasons. Witchcraft, homosexuality, beastiality, etc. These were killings in accordance with law.

If you have a duly executed concealed carrry license, and you are forced to defend yourself or your family with lethal force, you are doing so with God's approval. IMO.

murphy54
May 2, 2006, 09:49 AM
I agree with you totally....guns=sin

PinnedAndRecessed
May 2, 2006, 10:17 AM
Murphy, it was a joke. Guns are no more sinful than cars are sinful. After all, cars kill more Americans than guns kill Americans.

Vern Humphrey
May 2, 2006, 10:26 AM
If you have a duly executed concealed carrry license, and you are forced to defend yourself or your family with lethal force, you are doing so with God's approval. IMO.

The right to self-defense is inherent in the right to life. You have a positive obligation to defend yourself (if you are able) and a civic duty -- by defending yourself successfully, you not only preserve your own life, but you make it less likely your attacker will victimize others.

Justin
May 2, 2006, 10:42 AM
This discussion is both compelling and civil. Thanks, everyone. :)

afsnco
May 2, 2006, 11:24 AM
It was actually the Apostle Paul who spoke succinctly about giving. Through much of his writings he argued that Christians are no longer under the "procedural" Mosaic law, so he couldn't turn around and say that we're still under the Mosaic law for tithing purposes:

2 Corinthians 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

It's my understanding that the tithe was intended to support widows, orphans and the poor, as well as the Levites, who didn't inherit any land when ancient Israel was partitioned. Every 7th year, no tithe was collected at all.

Christ mentioned tithes. He criticized the Pharisees for tithing mint, etc., but forgetting justice, faith, etc., saying both must be done. But Christ fulfilled the Mosaic law with His resurrection.

That's why Paul's words should be the words Christians live by. There is no 10% tithe anymore. Giving could be anywhere from nothing to 100%, depending on whether our needs are supplied already.

.45man
May 2, 2006, 12:58 PM
Since some folks are throwing in scripture from the GOOD BOOK, please allow me:

“He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.”
- Jesus Christ’s instruction to his disciples before going out into the wilderness against man and beast, Luke Ch 22:36

“When a strong man armed keepeth his home, his goods are in peace.”
- Luke Ch 11:21-22

If I may.........Christ was not leading a revolution, as he clarified and clearly chastised Peter when he cut off the Centurian's ear. However the passages above as well as others clearly state that you are obligated to protect youself against man and beast.....

The passage, "Turn the other cheek" was, by many biblical scholars interpreted as an "attitude" intended to be displayed towards others when words are exchanged which may lead to an escalation ........However..........

The modern day "assault weapon" when Christ was alive was THE SWORD. So if you want to purchase several firearms in order to feel adequately protected by todays standards,*AND* you can do this without covetousness or envy, then GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Vern Humphrey
May 2, 2006, 01:01 PM
If I may.........Christ was not leading a revolution, as he clarified and clearly chastised Paul when he cut off the Centurian's ear. However the passages above as well as others clearly state that you are obligated to protect youself against man and beast.....

It was Peter who cut off the ear of the High Priest's servant.

Drysdale
May 2, 2006, 01:02 PM
http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/JohnStossel/2006/04/26/195106.html

Just a little opinion on greed by John Stossell... Man I love that guy!

PinnedAndRecessed
May 2, 2006, 02:49 PM
chastised Peter when he cut off the Centurian's ear

It wasn't a centurian. It was the servant of the high priest.
(Matthew 26:51)

The Romans were not officially involved at this point.

And had it been a centurian (ruler over 100 men), Peter probably would not have lived beyond that night.

Skunkabilly
May 3, 2006, 11:09 AM
There's a God-sized void in your heart that only a Beretta 92G with carbon fiber grips can fill.

--CS Lewis Gun

Vern Humphrey
May 3, 2006, 11:44 AM
When you find a lot of brass at the range, you know God wants you to have a gun in that caliber.

When I found .45 ACP, I knew God wanted me to have an M1911.

When I found .45 Colt, I knew God wanted me to have a New Service.

When I found 9mm, I knew the Devil is a deceiver.:neener:

Carl N. Brown
May 3, 2006, 11:48 AM
Well, the taxes on Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms are called Sin Taxes!

V4Vendetta
May 3, 2006, 12:13 PM
"If I may.........Christ was not leading a revolution, as he clarified and clearly chastised Peter when he cut off the Centurian's ear. However the passages above as well as others clearly state that you are obligated to protect youself against man and beast..... The passage, "Turn the other cheek" was, by many biblical scholars interpreted as an "attitude" intended to be displayed towards others when words are exchanged which may lead to an escalation ........However......."

That's my belief. Except Peter sliced off the ear of a servant of the High priest instead of a Centurian. The "Turn the other cheek" scripture is one of the most misunderstood scriptures.:(

Carl N. Brown
May 3, 2006, 12:33 PM
Lust
Wrath
Envy
Pride
Gluttony
.....huh....
Polymer frames
....huh....
9mm

poppy
May 3, 2006, 12:52 PM
I should be working on my sermon, but didn't Jesus say, "Take up your crossgun and follow me?":evil:

JoseM
May 3, 2006, 01:19 PM
The Catholic church teaches that things of this nature is not necessarily evil. This goes along with a lot of "vices".

For example drinking in itself isn't a sin, however drinking to get drunk IS a sin. Also, gambling is not a sin, however gambling to a point of it being an obsession and you not being able to provide for your family IS a sin. And in the same sense, wanting and buying more firearms is not a sin, however if you have to forgo taking care of your bills/family, then this becomes as in.

This is a very subjective thing....if I buy 1 or 2 firearms/year, then that wouldn't be a sin in my eyes because I can afford that....however if I bought 4 or 5, then that would be a sin for me...however someone that makes twice as much money as me, well it may be fine for them.

You probably didn't want an explanation like this, but I had the time;)

PinnedAndRecessed
May 4, 2006, 12:41 AM
When you find a lot of brass at the range, you know God wants you to have a gun in that caliber.

When I found .45 ACP, I knew God wanted me to have an M1911.

When I found .45 Colt, I knew God wanted me to have a New Service.

When I found 9mm, I knew the Devil is a deceiver.

Vern, that is too funny!

Thin Black Line
May 4, 2006, 08:57 AM
In the first century when a man slapped another man he did it with the back of his hand, if you offered him the other cheek he had to slap it like a woman would, with the palm of his hand. Today's vernacular: a bitch slap. He would be too ashamed to do that.

And I've heard yet another interpretation of this that the Greek wording of
this verse was actually a poor translation of an Aramaic phrase at the time
which said "If you're going to say it, then say it to my face."

PinnedAndRecessed
May 4, 2006, 01:36 PM
And I've heard yet another interpretation of this that the Greek wording of
this verse was actually a poor translation of an Aramaic phrase at the time
which said "If you're going to say it, then say it to my face."

I've never heard that explanation.

Frankly, I don't know exactly how to interpet Matthew 5:39.

Matt 5:38,39: Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

It's obviously not to be taken literally. The proof of this is that in John 18, Jesus objected to being hit.

John 18:22,23: And when he had thus spoken, one of the officers which stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, Answerest thou the high priest so? Jesus answered him, If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil: but if well, why smitest thou me?

Again, Acts 23, Paul responds similarly.

Acts 23:2,3:And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth. Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law?

So then, neither the Lord nor the apostle to the Gentiles interprets Matt.
5:39 literally.

That means it must be figurative. Or hyperbolic.

What goes immediately before Mt. 5:39 is a reference to the Old Law. "An eye for an eye." The problem was that the Jews got carried away enforcing the law of retaliation. They wanted way more than just an eye or a tooth. They were not practicing justice. They wanted revenge.

So what Jesus said, IMO, was hyperbole. It was an exaggeration for the purpose of illustration.

We're not to lie down for the evil doers of the world. If that were the case, then civilization could not exist.

But we're not to be motivated by vengence and hatred. I think that's the point.

Thin Black Line
May 5, 2006, 09:34 AM
Right, not to bear our throats to the wolves of the world, but at the same
time not to run with their pack.....

foghornl
May 5, 2006, 09:44 AM
My humble 1/50th of $1...

Buying/having a gun = no sin

Using all your resources to buy a gun to the detriment of family = sin

Using a gun for supplying the family table by Legal Hunting = no sin

Using a gun for supplying the family table by robbery = sin

Enjoying the look & feel of a FINE*** firearm = no sin

Smashing the case and escaping with another's FINE firearm = sin

***FINE firearm = $10,000 'rare or collector grade' firearm

lee n. field
May 5, 2006, 10:50 AM
"Godliness with contentment is great gain."

No toy will ultimately make you happy.

PinnedAndRecessed
May 5, 2006, 01:57 PM
No toy will ultimately make you happy.

But sometimes it's entertaining to find this out. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Guns = sin" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!