ANYONE ELSE AT WORK RIGHT NOW

PDA

BIGDADDYLONGSTROKE
May 1, 2006, 06:51 AM
MAN THIS SUCKS!:cuss: :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "ANYONE ELSE AT WORK RIGHT NOW" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Nortonics
May 1, 2006, 07:32 AM
God, I hear ya man! Anywhere from every third week to every fifth week I get to work a week of on-call, and I'm just about to get off of it at 6:00 AM this morning from the past week. It's in the high tech industry, watching and checking alarms in the corporate computing field. I get woke up at all times of the night and morning - just now finishing from a few alarms that started at 4:15 AM this morning, preceded by alarms at 12:30 AM and 2:30 AM this AM as well. Been going through this all week, and you're right, IT SUCKS!!!

There is one bright spot (although small in my eyes) and that is I never count the additional income from doing this as part of my normal paycheck, as I would never accept on-call duties unless I have to - and I have to. So, I use all the money from it to buy firearm related goodies. For instance, over this past week I'll clear right around $1000 after taxes, of which it's already spent - in this case on a beautiful new Savage .243 Win rifle and a bunch of accessories - kid you not!

Yes, it does still suck though - I would have bought it anyways with my regular income. Oh well, things could certainly be worse...

repsychler
May 1, 2006, 07:40 AM
I work 5am-2pm every day. It's nice having my afternoons free, but it gets rough getting up at 3:30am.
And unlike Nortonics, it doesn't even pay me enough to keep my hobby going. I haven't pulled a trigger much less bought a gun in 2 years. :(

BIGDADDYLONGSTROKE
May 1, 2006, 07:43 AM
yes things could be worse atleast management is not here at night. I work 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts every other shift night 6pm till 6am just watchin gasoline move down the pipeline.

BIGDADDYLONGSTROKE
May 1, 2006, 07:44 AM
from 5am till 2pm in garland Texas you must be in the oil industry. I live in Wa but from Midland, TX

Working Man
May 1, 2006, 08:24 AM
I work 5am-2pm every day.

Me too (except Sundays), but that often turns into leaving at anywhere between 5 & 9 pm.
If I do leave at 2 at least the range is not filled up at that time.

CajunBass
May 1, 2006, 08:32 AM
I work rotating shifts. Have for 35 years. Graveyard this week.

I'm getting old. :what:

No check that. I've gotten there. :neener:

mattcat
May 1, 2006, 08:41 AM
I have the midnight to 8am shift fri - sun doing janitoral/security guard and the pay sucks, on the bright side when it is quiet they dont mind me being on the comp so I get a chance to catch up on all my reading on here and a couple other forums I am a member on

Mizzle187
May 1, 2006, 11:28 AM
8am - 5pm, Monday thru Friday so Im here! Too bad Im not an illegal then I would have an excuse to get fired!:D

TexasRifleman
May 1, 2006, 11:30 AM
I'm working from home today, so it's not too bad, but something will come up and ruin it I'm sure :)

ball3006
May 1, 2006, 12:09 PM
I am not an illegal alien so I don't get the day off.........chris3

orionengnr
May 1, 2006, 12:16 PM
Just kidding, I am here (not necessarily working though):neener:

Freddymac
May 1, 2006, 12:24 PM
And the market is up! I guess that wall street doesn't give a flying F$%k about these Criminals...oops, I mean undocumented aliens think. God I love capitalism!

-Fred

Justin
May 1, 2006, 01:34 PM
Wow.

Just look at all that gun-related content.

Far as the eye can see, boy I tell you what.

Oh. Wait. Nevermind.

If you enjoyed reading about "ANYONE ELSE AT WORK RIGHT NOW" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!