Daughter's first job

PDA

Hawkman
May 2, 2006, 02:30 PM
She is just finishing high school and wanted to earn money for college this fall. She starts today as a part-time clerk at our local gunshop! That is the only place she has ever wanted to work, and she kept bugging the owner until he hired her!:D

She has a Ruger Single Six in 22 mag, a Remington 597 .22, a Howa 1500 in .308, and a Spanish Mauser also chambered in .308. Chip off the old block.

Signed,

Proud Dad.

If you enjoyed reading about "Daughter's first job" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mp510
May 2, 2006, 02:38 PM
Lucky Her!

Tiny in Ohio
May 2, 2006, 02:47 PM
Good deal Hawkman.

El Tejon
May 2, 2006, 02:49 PM
Hey! That's how I got my first gun shoppe gig.

Wouldn't leave so the owner hired me. What a dumb kid I was (am).:uhoh:

Phantom Warrior
May 2, 2006, 03:04 PM
As someone who spent years flipping burgers at McDonalds and frying chicken at Hugo's, please tell her I am chartreuse with envy.

Hawkman
May 2, 2006, 03:05 PM
Hmmm, I forgot to ask what the employee discount is...:evil:

farranger
May 2, 2006, 03:32 PM
Started working as a "weekend manager" for a gunstore when i was 13. I was lucky, I hung out and the owners wanted to go to gun shows, so I got the job.

kjeff50cal
May 2, 2006, 05:13 PM
I predict large chunks of paycheck going back into the gunshop;) .

V4Vendetta
May 2, 2006, 05:21 PM
"please tell her I am chartreuse with envy."

*Looks up what chartreuse means*. What he said.:D

dmftoy1
May 2, 2006, 08:30 PM
The owner of the best local gunshop has two very attractive daughters . ..they are only working behind the counter occasionally, but it's funny to watch because when they do the sales of that place have to triple or quadruple. I was in there on a rainy saturday a few months ago and I swear that those girls sold a gun to every gun who made it to the counter. There were lines 3-4 deep.

Guy B. Meredith
May 2, 2006, 08:53 PM
I wish I had been so smart.

Bob F.
May 2, 2006, 08:55 PM
Cabela's in Wheeling had a sweet little dark-haired thing behind the counter first time I was in there. Knew her guns, too. No teenager, to be sure, but I'm a dinosaur myself. I can see where this thread's headed!

Hawkman: what's she carry at work? Surely not the Mauser!

Congrats to the young 'un!

Stay safe.
Bob

Bob F.
May 2, 2006, 09:00 PM
Cabela's in Wheeling had a sweet little dark-haired thing behind the counter first time I was in there. Knew her guns, too. No teenager, to be sure, but I'm a dinosaur myself. I can see where this thread's headed!

Hawkman: what's she carry at work? Surely not the Mauser!

Congrats to the young 'un!

Stay safe.
Bob

Ala Dan
May 2, 2006, 09:07 PM
Great Start, Good Luck~!:D

sheepdip
May 2, 2006, 09:33 PM
Chartreuse
: a variable color averaging a brilliant yellow green

dm1333
May 2, 2006, 09:37 PM
He might mean he is green with envy! If there was a good looking woman working at the local gunshop I would spend a lot of time hanging around myself!!!!!

Hawkman
May 2, 2006, 09:45 PM
I stopped by to shoot while she was there. I noticed her eyeing another Mauser, and politely mentioned that the idea was that the shop owe HER more than she owes THEM on payday!;)

She just got home and had a GREAT time!

brentwal
May 2, 2006, 11:32 PM
I can just see the reaction to her job resume in later years.

:what:
:eek:

You worked at a GUN STORE!!!!????!?!?!?!?!?

rangerruck
May 2, 2006, 11:37 PM
make sure you get ammo discounts.

hoghunting
May 2, 2006, 11:40 PM
Congrats Hawkman to you and your daughter. You obviously took her shooting when she was younger and did a good job teaching her. You might want to try out her discount to make sure it works!

OCJ
May 2, 2006, 11:55 PM
May I be the first to say that this thread is useless without pics.

Congrats on your Daughter's job, i'm jealous.

Zen21Tao
May 3, 2006, 06:42 AM
Cabela's in Wheeling had a sweet little dark-haired thing behind the counter first time I was in there.

This may just be me but I find that just being in a gunstore makes a woman appear hotter and sexier. Damn, this may turn out to be a wierd kind of fetish. :scrutiny:

Hawkman
May 3, 2006, 08:12 AM
This is her with a former boyfriend on a disney trip last year.

Offwhite
May 3, 2006, 09:41 AM
I don't know about you boys, but I think its about time for me to buy a new gun...uh where is she going to be working again?

Cromlech
May 3, 2006, 10:24 AM
You have a cool daughter, Hawkman. You must be proud of her!:cool:

Hawkman
May 3, 2006, 11:09 AM
Offwhite,

Send me photos, stats and a resume and I may tell you!:neener:

Thanks, Cromlech, she IS cool!

Kharn
May 3, 2006, 11:36 AM
Watch the sales of .44mags, .480s and .50s sharply rise after she starts working there. "What, you want a wussy little .38? Come on, you're a bigger man than that, even I have a .44mag at home." :neener:

Kharn

Baba Louie
May 3, 2006, 11:40 AM
Ya must have done something right Hawkman. :D Great first job.

Wonderin' if she might follow in Tamara's footsteps in a way and end up with a collection that puts the majority of our's to shame...

Is she an NRA cert. instructor? Does she wanna be? How about IDPA, etc?

Sounds like the perfect young lady to me. Wishin' I'd met that kind of gal waaaay back when I was a yout.

Hawkman
May 3, 2006, 12:19 PM
Baba,

She is not an instructor, nor does she shoot competitively (though I am trying to tempt her). She IS a darned good shot with a rifle, and is working on handgun skills. She has a couple of her targets framed on her bedroom wall - my kind of interior decorating.

Offwhite
May 8, 2006, 08:53 AM
Hawkman:
I am 23, no kids, no arrests 3 years of college under my belt: nursing but I had to drop out b/c its just me in this world and I had to pay bills & survive- my parents dont help. In Spetmeber I'll be (hopefully) going into the police academy in Durham, NC (highest crime rate per capita in NC). I'm 6'2 about 225 lbs, I do have (which many people don't like) a good bit of tattoos (both halves of my arms & my entire back). I don't have any pics at this time though, sorry.;)

armoredman
May 8, 2006, 09:45 AM
Hawkman, that's awesome! Way to raise 'em!:cool:

Hawkman
May 8, 2006, 10:09 AM
Offwhite,

Sorry, you're too old!:D

Offwhite
May 8, 2006, 02:38 PM
Brother-man I was just joking around with you any how...I like em older, trust me. But it sounds like you have a cool daughter, just keep her on the right path. And remember be good, be safe, if not...name em' after me.

spacemanspiff
May 8, 2006, 03:04 PM
hawkmoon, your daughter needs to discuss earning Commissions from the shop.

:D

Hawkman
May 8, 2006, 06:32 PM
Offwhite - just yanking your chain! ;)

Texshooter
May 8, 2006, 08:04 PM
I just happened to stop by my local firearms emporium today in Lawrenceville GA.

Saw a nice young lady behind the counter I have never seen before. Could it be?

She is very polite and helpful. I think, if this is her, she will do quite well. And she did a terrific job selling me 2 boxes of .45 ACP and answering a question about the GAP ammo they had in stock.

Hawkman
May 8, 2006, 09:40 PM
Texshooter,

Jackpot! We have a winner!:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Daughter's first job" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!