Should we have a Curio & Relic section?

PDA

firestar
April 24, 2003, 05:46 PM
I see a lot of people are interested in C&R guns, should they add a C&R section on THR?

If you enjoyed reading about "Should we have a Curio & Relic section?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chipperman
April 24, 2003, 05:52 PM
I don't think so, b/c many people who don't have C&R licenses have one or more C&R guns.

Some of the C&R guns are commonly talked about in the regular threads among guns that are Not C&R.
(ie SKS vs AK, etc).

Why split it up?

BenW
April 24, 2003, 06:26 PM
I kinda like the idea myself. Though there are dedicated C&R forums out there, I often find myself posting more in C&R topics here than at the dedicated forums. And it does seem like the C&R talk around here has really picked up in the last couple of months.

Braz
April 24, 2003, 06:45 PM
Beats attacks of the undead ;)

C&R offers shooters a true value in used guns. I'd always open a forum like that. 'Sides, seems that C&R guys would put it to good use hunting parts or prices.

Cooter Brown
April 24, 2003, 06:54 PM
C&R is very educational and FUN. I have a C&R license really enjoy the CHEAP DEALER PRICES collecting and shooting. I vote "yes"!

cwalker3
April 24, 2003, 08:01 PM
IMO, there's no such thing as too many C & R forums. The more knowledge out there, the better. Hopefully then we could decrease the numbers of "How to sporterize my 1944 ______ " threads.

Benton
April 24, 2003, 09:34 PM
The C&R guns discussions are great, but they can be handled in the rifle, revolver, shotgun, etc. forums. The only firearms for which I see no appropriate forum are National Firearms Act weapons. A submachine gun is not a handgun or longarm, nor are belt-fed automatics or cane guns. I would like to see a forum dedicated to these arms as well as suppressors.

Meow
April 24, 2003, 09:39 PM
Suppresors are discussed in "Fire Arms Accesories "

Justin
April 24, 2003, 10:27 PM
Benton-
When THR was first being dreamed up, they debated about having a specific forum for NFA stuff, but decided against it because it would be a marginalized forum.
I don't speak for Oleg, but I think that his intention was that NFA items could and should be discussed in the standard pistol/rifle/shotgun/etc. forums as a way to break down the social stigma affiliated with them.

WOLFGUNNER5150
April 25, 2003, 02:29 PM
It would be nice
I just had the BATF and the CA DOJ send me out the forms

dev_null
April 25, 2003, 06:47 PM
Justin:

I may be misreading your post, but thought I'd point out that C&R <> NFA. I mean, I can work the bolt on my 1899 Krag carbine quickly, but not enough to consider it a select-fire weapon.

-0-

Justin
April 26, 2003, 12:17 AM
dev-

That response was for Benton. As to a C&R forum, I'll fly the idea up for the rest of the mods.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Should we have a Curio & Relic section?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!