Thought it was a joke, but no some people really are that dumb

PDA

AJAX22
May 5, 2006, 07:26 PM
When browsing through the web I came across this anti-gun rant, It was so blown out of proportion and misinformed I thought at first it was a toung in cheek way of pointing out how absurd the anti-gun arguements are.

http://www.adequacy.org/diaries/stories/2001.7.23.174429.116.html

These are the people who are trying to take away our rights. I guess I may just be 'hiding behind false patriotism and strict constitutionalist interperitation"

but I guess that means I must have a stockpile of .50cal rifles, and be willing and able to kill someone, take there drivers licence and murder there family. but then again, cop killer bullets must actually be able to penetrate modern body armour and Teflon coatings on bullets isn't to reduce wear on barrels.

These are the same people who think flash hiders make guns invisible.

Its funny till you realise that they're actually out to get us.

and when they come for the guns, what will be in the hands of the people they send?

If you enjoyed reading about "Thought it was a joke, but no some people really are that dumb" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Otherguy Overby
May 5, 2006, 07:44 PM
Sounds worse than the Democratic Underground.

I guess in their world vitriol trumps any rational thought.

CleverNickname
May 5, 2006, 07:47 PM
Adequacy.org is a troll/parody/joke site. Go to the front page and read a few of the other articles linked there and it should be blindingly obvious.

Leanwolf
May 5, 2006, 07:49 PM
That guy, "Anonymous Reader," really and truly is deranged. Just like most liberals. :eek:

L.W.

AJAX22
May 5, 2006, 07:57 PM
Some of the sites stuff is sarcastic, but I don't believe that this was written in jest.

cosine
May 5, 2006, 08:02 PM
Adequacy.org is a troll/parody/joke site. Go to the front page and read a few of the other articles linked there and it should be blindingly obvious.
I poked around that site a bit more... you're right.

real_name
May 5, 2006, 08:03 PM
Seems like humor to me. I guess it's close to the bone for some but it's still funny in parts.
Alcoholism among gun owners occurs at disproportionately high rates. This should be a source of concern to people who are concerned about the safety of their children. The gun crazies like to say that "guns don't kill people, people kill people." This apparently represents the crowning achievement in philosophy for the gun crazies, and even I will admit that there is a shred of truth to it. I would point out, however, that it's a lot easier for people to kill people if they've been out behind the woodshed guzzling "Grandpa's cough syrup" all day.
Not the funniest thing I ever read but a good attempt at mockery.

Standing Wolf
May 5, 2006, 09:59 PM
Gun owners are dangerously religious. I want you to think about this for a minute. Let's say you get into an argument with a gun owner in line at the supermarket. What's to stop him from pulling out a concealed handgun, blowing your head off, getting your home address from your driver's license, going there and murdering your wife and young children, and then taking his own life? Remember, these people believe that all they have to do is "make their peace with the lord and call him savior" and they will be immediately delivered to eternal bliss.

I doubt we need to worry much.

Zen21Tao
May 6, 2006, 01:44 AM
LOL..... These folks make MoonBats look normal. It is one thing to disagree with RKBA but these folks are down right delusional.

By far, the most inexcusable acts of the NRA are its opposition to bans on assault rifles and Teflon-coated cop-killer bullets. With regards to assault rifles, they have a sole purpose: to kill people. You don't take an AR-15 out with you to go duck hunting. You won't need an Uzi submachinegun and a truckload of 9mm clips to go deer hunting. The defense of the cop-killer bullets (so named because they are designed to penetrate the Kevlar vests worn by policemen) is simply inhuman; it astounds me that a million people are proud to call themselves members of an organization that advocates the violent murder of police officers who have sworn their lives to the defense of the innocent.

Posted by :Anonymous Reader (Itallics quoted from a pro-gun poster that this **** is responding to.)
If you think that you are safe because of the police, think again.

It comes as no surprise that you take this position, because you advocate the murder of peace officers by your support of cop-killing bullets. Oh yeah, that's right; they're just for "hunting." Give me a break. The reason that the NRA advocates killing as many police officers as possible is that the very presence of police officers completely shoots holes (no pun intended) through their entire justification for owning guns. "We need to protect ourselves! And we can't protect ourselves if the police are continually being killed by these cop-killer bullets, which we support, by the way."

As a law-abiding citizen, I find the murder of police officers to be repugnant. These are decent men, many of which have families of their own. You consider them to be valueless casualties in your war to accumulate as much killing power as possible. May God have mercy on your soul.

If one of the teachers had been properly trained in firearms and allowed to keep one on his/her person, only one person would have died: the morally bankrupt individual who wanted to hurt his/her classmates.

Ahh, yes. Let's strap holsters on our teachers and arm them with six-shooters. Yee-haw! What a wonderful environment for our children to learn in. If Billy misbehaves, Mr. Jenkins can put a bullet between his eyes! You people are out of your ****ing minds, and you represent the single greatest threat to a decent society that this country has ever known. If you have children, I sincerely hope that they are taken from you before you do them permanent harm or prematurely end their lives.

What kind of logic are these morons using? If someone opposes banning a bullet that can defeat body armor then that person must actually want cops to be killed? If someone thinks that armed teachers could have reduced the number of kids killed at Columbine then they must support teachers shooting unrulely students "between the eyes"? And these fools are allowed to breed?

real_name
May 6, 2006, 01:50 AM
Ahem Zen, you posted some colorful language there towards the end of that quote.

Zen21Tao
May 6, 2006, 02:55 AM
Ahem Zen, you posted some colorful language there towards the end of that quote.

I sorry but I was posting a direct quote from someone else so I posted it "as is" rather than editing it (watering it down) and risking changing how the person's views would be recieved.

ajax
May 6, 2006, 10:56 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!!! Some of those folks are hard core wack jobs. The auther of that has to be on drugs ,or just needs drugs i'm not sure which fits the bill better. When i'm not shooting children I like eating them. I didn't feel this way until I bought my first 50 round auto-mat-ic pistol. May the lord grant those people with intelligence before they die so they understand why people looked at them like that when they spoke in public.

71Commander
May 6, 2006, 11:06 AM
The newest post is four years old. I think they folded the tents.

Hawkmoon
May 6, 2006, 12:30 PM
... Remember, these people believe that all they have to do is "make their peace with the lord and call him savior" and they will be immediately delivered to eternal bliss.

It seems to me that decent Americans with families have much to fear from this mentality. These people believe there is nothing they can do that will prevent them from an eternity of pleasure with a lord. That includes the cold-blooded murder of young children.
Good grief!

The writer of this garbage appears to have American gun owners confused with radical Muslim terrorists.

rabidgoldfish
May 6, 2006, 05:20 PM
I've seen this before:

http://www.adequacy.org/public/stories/2001.12.2.42056.2147.html

I think its amusing that they link to this:

6. Does your son use Quake?

Quake is an online virtual reality used by hackers. It is a popular meeting place and training ground, where they discuss hacking and train in the use of various firearms. Many hackers develop anti-social tendencies due to the use of this virtual world, and it may cause erratic behaviour at home and at school.

If your son is using Quake, you should make hime understand that this is not acceptable to you. You should ensure all the firearms in your house are carefully locked away, and have http://www.jpfo.org/triggerlocks.htmtrigger locks installed. You should also bring your concerns to the attention of his school.

usp9
May 6, 2006, 05:58 PM
Why just the other day I prayed for an "incident" to happen so I could blast a pagan. Lo and behold this heathen little old lady brushed against me in the food store. Being a gun owner I wasn't going to take that abuse so I went to my Black Humvee, pulled out my perfectly legal m60 machine gun and... you get the picture.

Time to go home to the bunker, do some loading before prayer meeting/ target practice. Anyone seen my brown shirt...I know it's here somewhere...

Stiletto Null
May 7, 2006, 12:36 AM
The title immediately made me think of "Terrible Secret of Space".

And I love the poll with a TINY baseline...and percentages which don't add up to 100.

Linux&Gun Guy
May 7, 2006, 01:53 AM
^ Hehehehe You know about Terrible Secret of Space! "He is the killer robot...":neener:

Anyway this is a sort of joke site started IIRC by some slashdotters.

the pistolero
May 8, 2006, 09:10 PM
From the article:
"The fact of the matter is that the United States Constitution is not written in stone"

This is the reason that I tend to shy away from trying to justify the RKBA from a constitutional perspective. I've heard it said that the Constitution is just a contract, and that contracts can be re-negotiated. I don't necessarily agree with that -- actually, I find that attitude to be more than a little frightening, as it would seem to me that the people who think like that are people who would want us to give up rights such as the RKBA "for the collective good," or, "for the chiiiilllldrreeeennn" -- but that's what some people think. But if you argue it from the natural-rights perspective, well, those natural rights are something that cannot so easily be re-negotiated, which means you'd have to look beyond just the guns, at the morally bankrupt criminal cultures and all sorts of other things. But something tells me that line of argument is wayyyy above the pay grade of the author of that wild-eyed rant.

Cliff47
May 8, 2006, 09:28 PM
First order of business should be to find out what these people are smoking (could it be the legendary dried banana peels, circa 1967?, or something else much more potent?). Not that I would want to get some of it, but just out of curiosity.

loadedround
May 8, 2006, 09:32 PM
I have seen that post several times before and each time I see it I want to puke! Words just fail me when I read garbage like that.:mad:

mordechaianiliewicz
May 8, 2006, 10:07 PM
This has to be a joke

CleverNickname
May 8, 2006, 11:29 PM
Apparently people don't read the thread.

It's a joke, they're trolling for exactly the reactions that they're getting out of you.

'Card
May 8, 2006, 11:50 PM
Good lord, guys. A sense of humor is a terrible thing to live without.

Zen21Tao
May 9, 2006, 02:16 AM
Look at this post:

http://www.adequacy.org/diaries/stories/2001.11.6.21654.1217.html

Excerpt:
It all goes back to an obscure centuries-old document called the "Constitution of the United States of America." Specifically, there is a part of this document (a late addition, not part of the original text) known as the "Second Amendment." It goes something like this:

A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

It seems obvious that the authors of this document intended this amendment to be used to supply guns to the Army. At no point does it suggest that the average man off the street with no military training should be permitted to own a gun!
Nevertheless, many right-wing members of today's United States have interpreted this amendment to mean that every citizen has the right to "keep and bear arms." Absurd? Perhaps. But uneducated people in our society (such as members of Congress) can still be fooled into believing this absurdity.
Look at the way they misquote the 2nd Amendment. What it actually says is:

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” (Emphasis added)

They delete “of the people” in order to pass the 2nd Amendment off as applying only to the state and not the people. I guess they also find it unimportant to wonder why a group of people that just rebelled against a tyrannical state to earn their freedom would turn around and proclaim that only the state should have the same weapons they used to defend themselves. Not only are these ***** "that stupid" they are also that deceitful.

qajaq59
May 9, 2006, 09:18 AM
Why is it these people think the only way mankind can kill each other is with a gun? As I recall they stabbed Caesar to death. And I'm a lot more afraid some idiot will run over me with a car, then shoot me.

hso
May 9, 2006, 10:29 AM
The sites a put on and we're taking ourselves waaaaay too seriously.

When I started reading it my BP started to go up, but it kept getting nuttier and nuttier and my BS sense began to kick in. A further examination of the site brought me to the conclusion that it is a clever parody trap intended to present "articles" so ridiculous that people just have to respond but not so ridiculous that it is obvious it's parody.

The fact that this parody is being mistaken for an actual position held by the author is what strikes me. We've seen this same fractured "logic" from people that are afraid of guns and refuse to learn anything about the issue, but insist that all gun owners are evil, all Pro2 organizations are evil and that their reality is the only valid one. This guy has taken it that one step further into the absurd, but still kept it within the realm of possibility that someone would believe this babble.

MechAg94
May 9, 2006, 10:44 AM
The sad thing is that there are actually people who believe some of that stuff.

Offwhite
May 9, 2006, 10:56 AM
Wow...I don't really know what else to say. I can't fathom that there are people that disillusioned out there. Thatís a bit unnerving. What an idiot, and so are alot of the people who made comments back.

I do get a kick out of how they are "standing up for what they believe" but they don't even have the balls to put down their username, they go by anonymous. Hahahaha.

AJAX22
May 10, 2006, 04:42 AM
Even if this was posted as a joke, the people who wrote in supporting the statements don't seem to have done so in a joking spirit.

I just don't get why they think its there buisness to pass laws which will never effect them, targeting things that they don't own, when the people who will run out to enforce those laws will be carying the very things the laws ban.

its just illogical.

Zen21Tao
May 10, 2006, 06:07 AM
Is it any more logical to demand citizens be disarmed then when victimized call someone armed to come to protect them? What about those libs like Dianne Feinstein that believe no American should be armed but then when she feels threatened gets herself and her body guards guns and CCW permits? If someone is anti-gun they should at least have the integrity to endure their own victimization and if need be die for that belief. In fact when antis force their beliefs on others aren't they forcing others to be easier prey and in many cases dies without the chance to fight back?

Mizzle187
May 10, 2006, 04:07 PM
I dont know about all of you but when Im at home all I do is dip my bullets(YUK!) in poison.

Doggieman
May 10, 2006, 05:02 PM
that site is hilarious

pdowg881
May 10, 2006, 08:05 PM
I can't stop laughing

What's to stop him from pulling out a concealed handgun, blowing your head off, getting your home address from your driver's license, going there and murdering your wife and young children, and then taking his own life? Remember, these people believe that all they have to do is "make their peace with the lord and call him savior" and they will be immediately delivered to eternal bliss.
It seems to me that decent Americans with families have much to fear from this mentality. These people believe there is nothing they can do that will prevent them from an eternity of pleasure with a lord. That includes the cold-blooded murder of young children.

Answer: My conscious, morals, non-psychotic attitude, prison, etc etc.

***. This is the most entertaining thing I've read in awhile. That paragraph made me think of the whole kill an american go to paradise with 70 virgins thing. lol

Zen21Tao
May 10, 2006, 09:57 PM
What's to stop him from pulling out a concealed handgun, blowing your head off, getting your home address from your driver's license, going there and murdering your wife and young children, and then taking his own life?

Hmmm, let's see, because that would be illegal? Wait, if being illegal won't stop the crime then why make owning and carrying the gun illegal? Are antis really so inconsistent in their beliefs to think that criminals who are willing to use a gun in the commission of crime would think twice about breaking the law to obtaining the gun and/or breaking the law to carry the gun? The only people that are willing to obey the gun laws are the people that gun-grabbers say gun laws are targetted towards. :cuss: :banghead: :cuss:

If you enjoyed reading about "Thought it was a joke, but no some people really are that dumb" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!