10/22 price?

PDA

mkeBob
May 6, 2006, 05:25 PM
Just did a walk through Wally World and spotted a standard 10/22 for $173.00 and a stainless model for $213. I know they're going to stop selling guns and am wondering if these are good prices, and if I should buy one now for my grandsons 12th brithday in June?

If you enjoyed reading about "10/22 price?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
30-06 lover
May 6, 2006, 08:07 PM
Should you buy the gun...yes. The price for the 10/22 wood carbine can be had for about 165.00 here in Cali if you shop around, but that is after some serious shopping. For the standard carbine, I don't think you would do much better. The stainless are always a bit over 200.00

chakup
May 6, 2006, 08:31 PM
I can find them here local almost every week for ~$140.

mkeBob
May 6, 2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks 30-06 Lover. Didn't think anyone was going to answer. I guess this 10/22 thing has been over done. Think I'll go back and see if I can haggle with the manager. Maybe he'll lower the price seeing they're ending gun sales.

George S.
May 6, 2006, 08:43 PM
Not all the Wally Worlds will stop selling guns. Only the top 600 stores in gun sales will keep selling. It's hard to say if the those stores who stop selling guns will simply ship the guns back to the W-W warehouses or move them out at sale prices.

$173 is pretty much the standard W-W price for the basic wood stock carbine. Some places have cheaper prices but for an everyday price it's not too bad. Then the mods begin and the ^*!@$% things get expensive :D

marklbucla
May 7, 2006, 12:49 PM
In Los Angeles, I bought my 10/22 synthetic for $149 new.

aaronrkelly
May 8, 2006, 04:54 AM
The 10/22 is a great gun but there is another American classic .22 rifle.

The Marlin model 60. They can be had at Wal-Mart for $124 in my area. Every bit as good of a gun as the 10/22 but it lacks the aftermarket support the Ruger rifle does.

30-06 lover
May 8, 2006, 04:34 PM
I would have bought a Marling 60 had I not had many problems with my last Marlin, no way of fixing or improving the many problems because there are mo aftermarket products, no way of improving trigger, clean can be a PITA compared to the 10/22, and the 60 has a tube magazine while the 10/22 has a detachable. There is a reason the 10/22 has done so well and will continue to do so while I see the 60 will be phased out sooner or later.
-Mike

ajax
May 8, 2006, 05:48 PM
mkeBob i've been looking at the same one's as you. I'm going with the SS. I have a question for you if you don't mind. The SS at your wally world, would it happen to be a 20 in. barrel without the the barrel band on the forend of the stock? Sling studs already on it with a standard stock? I can't remember the actual style of the stock but I know it wasn't the normal wood stock that you would typiclly see on a 10/22.

af1acura
May 8, 2006, 06:12 PM
I'm also in the market for a 10/22, I saw a blued one at Bass Pro Shop for 169 and I believe the stainless was 219. I'm going to Dicks Sporting Goods next for a price check.

aaronrkelly
May 8, 2006, 09:58 PM
I would have bought a Marling 60 had I not had many problems with my last Marlin, no way of fixing or improving the many problems because there are mo aftermarket products, no way of improving trigger, clean can be a PITA compared to the 10/22, and the 60 has a tube magazine while the 10/22 has a detachable. There is a reason the 10/22 has done so well and will continue to do so while I see the 60 will be phased out sooner or later.
-Mike

Alot of shooters dont get into aftermarket parts, I am one of them. As to the problems you had, when I bought my Marlin it came with a warranty. Did you let Marlin know of the problems you had? I had a Ruger 10/22 that was the biggest POS ever but Ruger fixed it, but I had to give them a chance....they didnt just call up and ask me if my rifle was great.

Tube vs magazine.....some prefer one, others prefer the other. I have less feeding problems with my Marlin and its tube magazine then I have had with my Ruger and its rotary detachable magazine. Its just a preference.

The model 60 is going strong despite the fact you dont like it.....Its been around for longer then the 10/22 - not much but it has. I dont see one of the most popular .22 rifles in America being "phased out" anytime soon.

CB900F
May 8, 2006, 11:05 PM
MkeBob;

'Bout this time last year here in Montana I ran across a 10/22 Deluxe on sale for $180.00. Needless to say, It's mine now. :D

I wasn't searching for it, but no way could I pass that up. Might as well buy at the best price you can get it for locally. Transfer fees would negate any reasonable reduction you might find out of travel distance. Gas is doing that too, come to think of it. In other words, $170.00 or so sounds good to me.

900F

If you enjoyed reading about "10/22 price?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!