Have you scoped and bench tested an Arsenal AK?

PDA

MyRoad
May 8, 2006, 09:03 PM
I have an Arsenal, Inc. SA-M7s. I had a red dot on it, but I just put a scope on it and I'm taking it to the range tomorrow to see what it will do from a bench rest at 100 yards.

Just wondering if anyone else has tested their Arsenal Inc. AK for accuracy, and how it did?

If you enjoyed reading about "Have you scoped and bench tested an Arsenal AK?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tokugawa
May 10, 2006, 03:04 PM
So how did it do?

KaceCoyote
May 10, 2006, 03:06 PM
+1

MyRoad
May 10, 2006, 04:51 PM
The reason I asked if anyone else had done this, is that even from a rest I'm not that great a shot (I probably should have said "to see what I can do with it" and not "to see what it can do"). I was curious if anyone with more experience and better ammo had tapped its full potential, and looking for a reference for my results.

The scope I used is a Bushnell 3-9x LIR, suitable for 100 yard shots. I rested it on a sand bag and used a mix of standard military ammo, so I'm sure my results are not a fair assessment of this AK's ultimate capability. I am curious about the gun's potential for varmint/coyote control, so how well I could shoot it was the real test.

I was basically getting 3-4" groups (five rounds -- 3" averaging one "flyer" each time making it 4+"). Next time I order up some ammo online, I'll throw in a few boxes of better 7.62x39, and see how much of a difference it makes.

KaceCoyote
May 10, 2006, 08:13 PM
What ammo specifically, 154 grain prints well in some while 122 grains does better in others. My SKS liked the 154, my Saiga likes the 122.

MyRoad
May 11, 2006, 12:26 AM
The Wolf was 122 gr. FMJ, there was some 123gr hollowpoint Silver Bear, and some Chinese that must have come out of a can, because it was wrapped in plain brown wrappers... so I have no idea what the weight was on those. Most 7.62x39 I have I bought bulk, and it's lighter loads. If I see single boxes of heavier (154gr.) ammo available, I'll definitely pick some up and try them out.

KaceCoyote
May 11, 2006, 01:04 AM
I prefer the 122 grain stuff personally, FMJ has a certain charm.

If you enjoyed reading about "Have you scoped and bench tested an Arsenal AK?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!