Remington 600 synthetic stock questions.

PDA

Charles S
May 9, 2006, 02:16 PM
I would like to replace the stock on my Remington 600 with a good light weight synthetic stock. I would like to keep the price of the stock under $200 and closer to $150 would truly be better. I would like the stock to weight about 24 oz.

After research there does not appear to be much that fits my budget and my perceived needs. The only stocks I find that are available are the McMillan (cost too much), H&S Precession (it weighs too much), and Bell and Carlson (I am unsure about quality and the total weight).

What suggestions do you have?

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.

Charles

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 600 synthetic stock questions." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Charles S
May 10, 2006, 06:03 PM
BTT

Just thought I would give this one bump and see if there were any other ideas out there.

Thanks,

Charles

Gordon
May 10, 2006, 06:43 PM
Brown Presicion in Los Molinos Ca. has 'U-fit' stocks for about $250. They inventeted the modern fiberglass stock (with Lee Six). Chet Brown built me a 600 superlight in 1978 and one in Kevlar(4.75 pounds), both .308 in 1981.:)

Charles S
May 10, 2006, 07:02 PM
Gordon,

Thanks, that is what I was looking for.

Charles

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 600 synthetic stock questions." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!