WSAR-10 Trigger Slap

PDA

Will Learn
May 10, 2006, 11:09 PM
Friend just left his Romie while he's in the sandbox and I'm trying to fix this trigger up a little for him. The triggerpull gets real heavy towards the end of a 30rd mag, I've been told that this is trigger slap:( . Any help would be appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "WSAR-10 Trigger Slap" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
XavierBreath
May 10, 2006, 11:28 PM
Trigger Slap Fix (http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/slapfix.htm)

Bartholomew Roberts
May 10, 2006, 11:38 PM
Trigger slap is where the bolt smacks the top of the cheap semi trigger as it slams the next round into battery. This causes the trigger to "slap" your finger as it resets.

I am not sure what would cause a trigger to get heavier towards the end of a mag in the AK.

MTMilitiaman
May 11, 2006, 12:37 AM
The cheapest fix is to spend 30 minutes or so with a Dremal as one of those links probably shows. The nest cheapest, quickest, and most effective is to simply put in a Tapco G2 trigger group.

g56
May 11, 2006, 12:45 AM
What Bartholomew said!

Will Learn
May 11, 2006, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the help. I'm not sure if i'm describing the problem correctly (first time working with AK) Bartholomew but the cycle rate slows down considerably towards the end of a mag. I don't know if this is due to the trigger or not, but i do know my finger is getting a little sore towards the end of these 30rd mags. I really appreciate the advice and will try to make good ue of it.

If you enjoyed reading about "WSAR-10 Trigger Slap" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!