M1A Scout

PDA

amprecon
May 10, 2006, 11:38 PM
I went to the gun store today and fondled a M1A Scout with the Walnut stock along with one with the composite stock and a standard model with Walnut stock. I must say that the wood stocked Scout rifle just feels dang good in the hands. The shorter barrel makes a world of difference in it's feel and balance. I cannot know the difference in accuracy between it and the standard barrel length, but I am sure it's diminished somewhat. But the portability factor would make up for any loss in accuracy in my opinion. I also noticed that the bolt handle did not have a roller on it where it slides into the recess, it was more akin to the Garands setup, I just found it curious. But let me say that this rifle is definitely on my wish list.

If you enjoyed reading about "M1A Scout" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "M1A Scout" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!