Most played out threads?

PDA

albanian
May 11, 2006, 11:43 PM
Anyone that has been on a gun forum for over a week has seen certain threads over and over. Which ones are the most overdone and need to be retired since zero is learned from them?

Here are a few that really need to be retired.
1. .45acp vs. 9mm

2. AK-47 vs. AR-15

3. Mossberg 500 vs. Remington 870

4. Semi-auto pistol vs. revolver

5. .380 vs. .38spl

6. 1911 vs. Glock

What else has run it's course? Are there other threads that keep rehashing the same old thoughts without adding anything new?

The problems I have with the above threads are:
1. Sometimes I read them and even post in them when in the back of my mind, I know it is a waste of time.

2. I almost never learn anything new.

3. They seem to lead to fights.

4. Most of the people have already made up their minds so there is no way to convert someone to your side of the matter. It is like talking about religion. You are never going to convert someone to your religion or show someone that their religion is not right so don't waste your breath.

If you enjoyed reading about "Most played out threads?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
chenzzo
May 11, 2006, 11:52 PM
Don't forget "What is the best SHTF gun?"

dmckean44
May 12, 2006, 12:05 AM
.30-06 vs .308

Any thread about a Ruger product that turns into a heated political debate about Bill Ruger. The man is dead.

The_Shootist
May 12, 2006, 12:06 AM
Thats no thread at all...everybody knows its an Ak-47 (rifle) or Glock 19 (pistol) :neener:

Smokey Joe
May 12, 2006, 12:29 AM
Easy! It's the thread that asks some variant of the question:

I wanna start reloading.

(a) How much money can I save? (No mention of caliber or desired level of accuracy, of course.)

(b) Tell me everything I need to know before I begin.

(c) Tell me everything I need to buy before I begin.

(d) You tell me what to do so I don't have to do any boring reading.

(e) How do I go about making ammo that is hotter than I can buy?

(f) Tell me all of the above so I don't have to search through all of the threads where this has all already been answered.

(g) How do I go about making benchrest quality loads--I inherited a used Herter's press and a couple of some sort of dies.

(h) I wanna make super-accurate loads but I don't wanna spend a lot of money.

(i) I wanna load for .357 magnum, .300 Weatherby, and 12 ga. trap loads. Tell me what one machine to buy.

(j) I wanna load for target pistol, hunting pistol, steel shot 12 gage, .45-70 and .375 H&H. But I only wanna buy one powder so my bench isn't cluttered. What would that one powder be?

(k) I wanna make SD handloads but I don't want any legal ramifications.

EZ CZ75
May 12, 2006, 03:56 AM
Don't forget the ammo brand debate (Fiocchi Rules!!),
The JHP vs FMJ vs. SP,
Decocker vs Manual safeties,
Sig vs everybody else,
Winchester vs Remingotn (Sako reigns supreme),
Gay vs Straight :what: :neener:

May 12, 2006, 07:39 AM
Should I shoot Wolf ammo ?
What is the cheapest possible AR15 ?
What is the cheapest possible scope ?
I bought the cheapest possible AR15 and it doesn't run, so AR15s are junk.
I built the cheapest possible AR15 using no-name parts from a bin at the gunshow and some chinese stuff from the Shotgun News: it doesn't work, so AR15s are junk.
If I get the cheapest possible AR15 and it doesn't run Wolf ammo so Wolf ammo and AR15s are junk.
Is it cheaper to buy or build my cheapest possible AR15 ?
How can I buy a milsurp rifle and turn it into something better than a $3500 sniper rifle, but I don't want to spend anything on it ?
What is the cheapest possible scope I can put on my milsurp sniper rifle ?
What is the cheapest possible 90 year old milsurp ammo that I can shoot in my milsurp sniper rifle ?
I want a scoped bolt action rifle, how can I buy a milsurp rifle, ruin it's historical significance, and in the process spend more than I would to just buy a Remington 700 ADL or a Savage at WalMart ?

Legionnaire
May 12, 2006, 10:21 AM
What's the best scope for under $50?

Isn't one? Okay, what's the best scope for under $70?

MarshallDodge
May 12, 2006, 10:51 AM
Should I shoot Wolf ammo ?
What is the cheapest possible AR15 ?
I bought the cheapest possible AR15 and it doesn't run, so AR15s are junk.
I built the cheapest possible AR15 using no-name parts from a bin at the gunshow and some chinese stuff from the Shotgun News: it doesn't work, so AR15s are junk.
If I get the cheapest possible AR15 and it doesn't run Wolf ammo so Wolf ammo and AR15s are junk.
Is it cheaper to buy or build my cheapest possible AR15 ?

Now that's funny! :D

How about "Which reloader should I buy?" and the Lee vs. Dillon vs. Hornady vs. RCBS

Same could be said for the 1911 and it's reputation. You get what you pay for.

I took some Midwest friends prairie dog shooting a few years back. They showed up with sweet Remington VSSF's with good scopes and then proceed to pull a case of Wolf ammo out of the trunk. Let's just say a lot of PD's lived to see another day.

sm
May 12, 2006, 10:54 AM
How come my thread was deleted?

Moderator Looked at me funny and hurt my feelings.

Quote Button is missing.

Can we have a Rimfire Forum?

Can we have a Mutant Ninja Bear/Zombie/Puma/Duck/ Snake/Groundhog Forum?

How come my questions were not answered in Nanoseconds?

Who is Art's Grammaw?

orangeninja
May 12, 2006, 10:55 AM
Cops did "_____________" insert news headline here/what you considered picking on you/ a violation of someones rights in your opinion/ you don't like donuts and polyester.........

Cop bashing threads......:rolleyes:

CajunBass
May 12, 2006, 01:35 PM
Are Hi-Points any good?

(I used to get into these, but about all I say now is "mine works.")

BigO01
May 12, 2006, 02:29 PM
Threads like this where a bunch of guys who obviously are "old hat" at guns and related subjects sit around sneering down their noses at some people who are obviously new to the whole thing .

Not everyone in the world starting shooting as a kid and spent hours reading Guns N Ammo with Mel Tappan , Bob Milek , Bill Jordan , Elmer Keith , etc. etc. teaching them about guns and loads .

Did you guys ever ask any stupid questions when you were starting out ?

Did you ever perhaps consider building a 45 from a parts kit and not know what was cheap junk from servicable parts ?

Threads like this belittle the newcomers and help to kill our sport , and we wonder why so many places have antigun laws .

This is just another version of the jerk at the gun shop who can't be bothered with answering your questions but he sure wants your $700 in his pocket .

Smokey Joe
May 12, 2006, 03:10 PM
Big 001--May I respectfully disagree with you. I for one am not sneering at anyone who wants to get into the shooting sports. For one thing, we need all the friends we can get. I don't think most other respondents to this kind of thread are being disrespectful, either.

My post (above) was directed at the attitude that you can have someting for nothing in reloading, i.e. you don't have to understand anything at all about it, just ask and you will be told how to do it to a high level. That or, wanting very high quality results at little or no cost.

With cartridge reloading, as with most activities, the more you understand about it, the better are your chances of doing it successfully. And the answers that I have given, until I am sick of it, say over and over, that you have to study up before you start, or before you buy any equipment, and reccommend the purchase--and reading of--The ABC's of Reloading and at least one reloading manual.

As for me when I start a new activity, I ask LOTS of stupid questions. The more the better. But the intelligent asker of stupid questions does it to learn more about the new activity, not to short-circuit the learning process.

Mastery of any activity involves lots of study and work, and is going to cost you some money. There's no getting around it. And as I said in one of my answers to a poster who wanted to be handed wisdom with no effort, borrowing from Archimedes, "There is no royal road to reloading."

That's not sneering.

Correia
May 12, 2006, 03:48 PM
Big,

Hardly. Some of the guys posting/complaining on this thread are the same posters who go above and beyond to help new shooters.

The frustration comes once you've answered the same question a hundred times, and if they would just use the search funtion, they could read for hours.

Personally?

I'm sick of the following threads, whether I agree or disagree with them is irrelevant. I'm just tired of hearing the same tired arguments and soundbytes from both sides over and over again.

-Cop bashing
-no knock warrants
-The war on drugs
-anything about George Bush
-Illegal immigration

cosine
May 12, 2006, 04:18 PM
Threads like this where a bunch of guys who obviously are "old hat" at guns and related subjects sit around sneering down their noses at some people who are obviously new to the whole thing .
I don't know what you've been reading here, but I've never received anything else but extremely courteous help when I've ask a question, no matter how "newbie" or worn out it is.

sm
May 12, 2006, 04:53 PM
Correia is correct .

I admit I do not know a LOT about many things, I do spend a LOT of time doing searches here on THR and TFL.

If one "reads" a forum long enough, they will find those persons most knowledgable in certain areas. Then very simple to do a search in that subject under that Person's username.

Hint: Moderators of a particular forum are moderators for a reason.

I find it quite interesting we have a LOT of new registered members that found THR/TFL by using a Search Engine. Obviously "searching" for something, and found THR/TFL.

Once registered - "brain-fade" kicks in on how to Search. :)

Do you folks actually realize how many "discussions" are communicated in PM or Email around here ,and TFL??

These are discussions that are 1) never posted in the first place, 2) Replies never posted in public.

Some of us have a brain-fade, trying to recall whom posted "that really good post", or we are not sure of Spelling, or perhaps one of us has "that information" bookmarked.

We are NOT spoon feeding each other, we have earned the reputation for searching, asking good questions, assisting new folks.

I am not the only one that has apologized on behalf of THR for members (new/old) bashing a new member. One whom asked a legit question and the members so quick to pounce - never read the original post, too busy bashing to read in correct context.

New member is - well - surprised to say the least. So - heck, I /others offer to assist off Public Forum these new folks for whatever reason. We exchange via PM or Email.

Naturally guys PM me..., also ladies, even some teenagers, and kids whom Parents/ adults are members wanting to ask a question.

Yep kids and teenagager wanting to get info for an adult, teenagers are looking stuff up using searches - they have to look up stuff in school - little kids "can you tell me ____, so I can get that for grandpa please?"
(then big sis has to delete the PM so adults do not see :D).

I spend a lot of time NOT logged in, reading old threads, logging in only to do searches.

Same at TFL as that is where I and others came from - LOTs of great information - and sad to say some members have passed away, that is where I go to get some information that is worth its weight in gold to me...others..left to us all from these members so missed.

Today : I asked about 8 questions in private, and assisted about 12 others in assistance they needed, some brand new folks, some senior members like myself.

Real curious how that kid and big sis "pull off" their surprise :p .
Also the new member from New Zealand I have been visiting with in regard to getting a shotgun stock tweaked to fit [longer LOP, champion shooter / Nat'l title holder btw].

How raised - what one does.

I always had to "look it up" when I was growing up. At 51 y/o now and a older returning college student - I still have to "look it up".

I have been in class, instructor expects us to "look it up" as the material is NOT in our text, either hard copy or on-line text.

Even on an Exam , either a on-line or hard copy exam, not uncommon to have a question asked and being a timed test no less - get online, get the information and provide a URL.

20 questions, test time limit 10 min one online question - "look it up with URL.
120 questions, 60 minute time limit, 4 online questions - "look it up with URL.

Using a College Computer - not a personal one with bookmarks either.

Steve

albanian
May 12, 2006, 05:12 PM
"Hardly. Some of the guys posting/complaining on this thread are the same posters who go above and beyond to help new shooters.

The frustration comes once you've answered the same question a hundred times, and if they would just use the search funtion, they could read for hours."

That is correct. I am not making fun of the guys that post or reply to these threads, I am just saying that they don't need to be posted every single week. Some of these topics have no answer and some have already been answered so they are a waste of time. Why people don't use the search function before posting is beyond me.

What is great about this forum is that you can ask a very specific qyestion and almost 100% of the time get an answer that helps you out. If nobody knows, they often refer you to a place that will help. Good stuff most of the time but some of these played out threads are only opinions and I don't care if someone prefers 1911s over Glocks. I have my own preferences and I will not be swayed unless there are good reasons. Just someone saying that they like 1911s more, is not good enough. If they stated facts, that would be another story but the reason the debates rage on is that there is no clear correct answer for everyone. When it comes to preferences, you have to decide for yourself.

orangeninja
May 12, 2006, 06:42 PM
Personally, I'll answer the same questions a 100 times to get new shooters into the sport if I have to. I recently became interested in motorcycles and posted a stupid question on a forum that was covered in their FAQ. I read the FAQ but missed the section my questions were over and basically got told I was full of sh** and to read the FAQ in not so nice terms.....

Had I been on the fence about the sport I might have said "F" this and done something else, especially if stereotypes about the people who practice the sport had been spoon fed to me most of my life.

BigO01
May 13, 2006, 02:32 AM
Well guys from your answers I am guessing here most if not all of you are "baby boomers" as I am , we were taught much differently than these kids today and "hand holding" is just a fact of life .
Where we had to do our math and show our work , these kids use calculators , where we spent hours on end studying the encyclopaedia they simply Ask Jeeves . We had to spell words corrctly and they have this phonics , spell it like it sounds nonsense .

While all of you may indeed be very helpfull to these people , putting your feelings on doing so in a post for them to read may have an adverse affect on the website .

Have you ever had someone who would help you with anything at all , but before he did you had to listen to them complain about the fact that you asked them ? After awhile you quit asking because you feel you are imposing upon that person , and while they will help you they seem to make it clear they realy would rather not .

Thats what I think some of the new folks will come away thinking/feeling after reading this thread .

Senior members and Mods of a website should think of themselves as high school teachers , every year there's a new crop of kids that you are going to have the same old discussions with , yet somehow you have to find a way to make it interesting for them so they learn .

Nematocyst
May 13, 2006, 03:22 AM
Senior members and Mods of a website should think of themselves as high school teachers , every year there's a new crop of kids that you are going to have the same old discussions with , yet somehow you have to find a way to make it interesting for them so they learn .High school teachers?

High school teachers???

Dude, you can't be serious.

This is a forum for ADULTS who can read,
and use critical thinking (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_fallacy) & communication skills
(not taught in high school, but can be learned
on the Internet to distinguish s**t from fact).

We trust that natural selection will work out.

Search is your friend.

Those who figure that out early will survive.

For the rest,
we wish them luck.

Nem

Correia
May 13, 2006, 09:43 AM
BigO01, dude, about half of the Mods here are going to be 10-15 years, or one whole generation younger than you. I'm 30, and many of our most valued membership is younger than I am.

The whole thing about needing to hold the younger generation's hand is bunk. Generation X and Y do just fine.

sm
May 13, 2006, 10:51 AM
I'm 30, and many of our most valued membership is younger than I am. :eek:

...played out threads...

Age Poll : Please check all that apply

__Whipper-snapper

X Old Fart

X Curmudgeon

X Reprobate

:Over 30 Smilie:

:uhoh: :D

R.H. Lee
May 13, 2006, 12:04 PM
Threads are, like guns, 'inanimate objects'. If the goal is avoid discussion of certain subjects because it's unpleasant, or causes unpleasantness, how is that different than blaming guns for death and crime? Why not hold the individual(s) responsible instead?

Agreed there are a lot of 'played out' threads but so what? Remember, the board is dyanmic with new people visiting/registering all the time. Probably lots of the old stuff we take for granted is new and interesting to them.

Just my .02

Art Eatman
May 13, 2006, 02:48 PM
R.H.Lee, several points:

1. The purpose of THR is to promote the RKBA, not particularly to accommodate the desires of everybody who posts here. To do that, we make an effort to be High Road in what we say and how we say it. The idea in part is to not appear to be knuckle-dragging Neanderthals. We want to proselyte the neutrals, the fence-straddlers, convincing them that RKBA folks are Good Guys. We want more voters!

2. We know from experience that certain subjects invariably lead to flame wars. That leads to violating the rules and banning. It makes us look Low Road. So, those subjects are not allowed.

3. When you go to a library, you look for what's been written in the past, right? That's what books are. Past writings. The equivalent, here, is the use of the search feature to see if that subject has already been discussed. People don't think to do that, and bring up a subject as "new", even though there already may be open threads on that exact subject.

4. Me? I've been moderating at The Firing Line and then here at THR, going back to 1999. I like to think I'm smart enough and have enough memory to have some feel of what these sites are all about, and be confident of what of said above.

I started shooting .22s around 1940. Reloading for centerfire, 1950. IPSC in 1981 (through 1983). Hunting since around 1940. "BTDT" seems reasonable...

:), Art

Nematocyst
May 13, 2006, 04:43 PM
Since posting last night, several with MUCH more experience on THR than me have added comments. As always, I learn much from their knowledge, experience and wisdom (which keeps me on THR almost daily despite an absurdly busy life).

In light of those other posts (notably Correia's), I'd like to modify one line in my previous post (21), but I'll do it here instead of editing the original to underscore the importance.

This is a forum for ADULTS who can read,
and use critical thinking & communication skills That should have read,
"This is a forum for PEOPLE who can read, and use critical thinking & communication skills."

I too often forget that, although I think that the vast majority of members are "adults" (AKA over 18), that THR is a family "friendly" forum (even though one wouldn't always recognize it when wading into Legal & Political :uhoh: ), and we do encourage younger folks to participate.

Even still, we encourage from them the same that we encourage from all our members: read carefully, think critically (avoid logical falacies) and communicate clearly, when possible. Sure, that's not always possible or desirable. Sometimes, we like to wax poetic, or have fun with ambiguities.

But on important topics, especially serious ones, it's best that we do our best to be clear.

IMO, of course.

;)

Nem

May 13, 2006, 10:29 PM
I have no idea why I didn't think of this the first time.
By FAR, the most over played thread on this board is the 2+ times a week a thread is started about shooting dogs. Although I haven't clicked on one of them for several years, I think I might hazzard a guess that every possible senario even remotely related to dog shooting has been covered hundreds of times.
Talk about a thread that makes us look like knuckle draggers.
The best part of these threads are the people who relate the terrifying story of how their neighbor's dog growled at them. They wonder whether they should have employed deadly force; even though they didn't and were completely unhurt. :rolleyes:

JohnKSa
May 14, 2006, 01:49 AM
Besides what's already been mentioned:

Third party political threads
Dog breed threads
Inherent accuracy threads
"Best" threads
Glock kB threads
Beretta Slide Separation threads
1911 Reliability threads
Bear threads
Feral Cat & Dog threads

These aren't really entire threads but are mini-dramas that get played out over and over on various threads:

Clip vs Mag "education"
No Knock Warrants
I would like to shoot people I legally can't argument
How many guns/how much ammo to carry
"X is the antichrist" (X= Walmart, Bill Ruger, Bush, S&W, Wolf Ammo, Glock, etc.) also known as the "My pet peeve is better than your pet peeve because my opinion is always indistinguishable from fact" argument.

Nematocyst
May 14, 2006, 04:55 AM
"X is the antichrist" (X= Walmart, Bill Ruger, Bush, S&W, Wolf Ammo, Glock, etc.)
also known as the "My pet peeve is better than your pet peeve
because my opinion is always indistinguishable from fact" argument.<Chuckles knowingly>

As we used to say
back in '05:

+1.

Matt King
May 15, 2006, 06:37 PM
I think that if someone new to shooting ask's a question, you should politely state your opinion, and tell tem that next time they should use the search function. I have always found THR very friendly to beginers. When I started posting here I was not new to handguns, but I was new to rifles and shotguns, and I asked some beginer questions. They were politely ansewred, so I will try to politely answer any question that I am asked.

stratus
May 15, 2006, 07:17 PM
Tell me everything I need to know before I begin.

Tell me everything I need to buy before I begin.

You tell me what to do so I don't have to do any boring reading.
I get that all the time from a couple of people... over IM... :banghead:

Smokey Joe
May 15, 2006, 10:00 PM
Texas--Stratus has it right; these are the people that bug me.

A sincere seeker after wisdom, who is trying to put in the effort, will always get my help if I can help them. And that kind of seeker will have a specific question.

The ones who earn disapproval are the ones who want the easy wisdom, want instant expertise without effort, want to suck wisdom from you so's they don't have to bother putting in all that boring hard work of learning.

There is a difference.

Kamicosmos
May 17, 2006, 03:05 AM
yeah, the new (heck, not just new people) people that don't use search, and then expect us to keep answering same old question after same old question when we have provided link after link get on my nerves. Especially in the Reloading section, where you will often see several 'Help Me Start Reloading' type threads right there on the front page. I used to have a little text document with my recommendations typed up so I could cut and paste, cause I really like helping new reloaders. But, I've burned out on it, and have to resist using my 'Use the Search, Luke!' graphic instead... heck, I hardly hit the reloading section anymore.

I am also sick of the SHTF and 'hypothetical' situations. Its almost like there is a competetion to come up with the most outlandish scenero possible. I have been kind of snippy lately when replying to these threads, so I have decided to just skip them. I was partially pleased when I saw that the mods are now locking those types of threads as soon as they come up. I don't like to see particular topics 'banned', but...we really don't need more of these bizarre, bordering on illegal, discussions about getting firearms through non-permitted areas, RKBA or not.

My new personal pet peeve is actually pretty much tied to my first comment. If you title a thread "Tell Me About (xxxx)...", you just guaranteed I will not read it, and I probably also made a note of the username and will remember it as a Lazy Non-Searcher to ignore in the future.

Sure, sometimes you can't find what you need, or maybe you need something a bit more specific. I'll admit, even I have started a thread after only doing a brief search, and then have someone point me at a thread with my answer. It's okay every now and then, but dang, lately it seems like the norm is to not search, or even read the other threads on the page that have a similar title! And as others have mentioned, a new to the world of guns person is great, and I like help them out. And yes, that person is asking the question for their first time. But it's the lazy 'gimme all the answers so I don't have to learn' person isn't doing any of us (including them) any good. And that is what is irritating lately.

I've been pretty frustrated lately, and should probably take a break from THR for a bit. But, i really like it here, and I work nights on a helpdesk, so I have free slack time between calls to surf...

Ah, this felt good to get a little ranting done...

Nematocyst
May 17, 2006, 03:16 AM
I think that if someone new to shooting ask's a question, you should politely state your opinion, and tell tem that next time they should use the search function. I have always found THR very friendly to beginers. When I started posting here I was not new to handguns, but I was new to rifles and shotguns, and I asked some beginer questions. They were politely ansewred, so I will try to politely answer any question that I am asked.Texas, when I came to THR, I was not new to shooting, but I was new to HD/SD shotguns. I came here to ask questions about those.

I had used SEARCH to investigate my question - which HD/SD shotgun should I buy - prior to my first post.

I learned much, but after much SEARCH, I didn't find the exact answer to my questions. So, I posted in order to introduce myself, to ask some specific questions about which shotgun I was going to buy (answer: Rem 870P of a specific order number designating synth stock, bead sight, parkerized barrel...)

So, all this by way of saying, I agree: I, too, try to answer newbie question with respect and information, and suggest to them even more SEARCH of this huge data base, including (on occasion) links to relevant threads.

Nem

Valkman
May 17, 2006, 04:05 PM
Yea, but really,

Should I carry cocked and locked? Is it dangerous? :eek:

Should I use a holster with a retaining strap? :scrutiny:

What powder for reloading .45acp? :uhoh:

I'll never buy XX brand again because it wasn't perfect and therefore sucks forever! :D

redneck2
May 20, 2006, 07:23 AM
Just a thought...

I'm a past 55+ computer illiterate. For years I'd try to use the search with little success. If you look at the instructions, it says (IIRC) something to the tune of "narrow your search with AND or PLUS".....so, being the computer illiterate I'd type "shotgun AND choke" to find something about shotgun chokes. As you probably know, everything that had "shotgun" came up along with everything that said "choke". I never realized it had to be in a solid string with no spaces, and use "+" instead of "AND".

Silly me, I just typed it the way I was instructed.

Ohhh...anybody get "Handgun for bears???"

Though there have been a ton of the "best reloads for .45's", I actually enjoy them. I've changed loads after 7 years of using my previous "best" load. While the endless questions about "best powder" may get tiresome, I think there are more important difference in powder than there are between Remington vs Savage or Burris vs Leupold.

The ones that grate like fingernails on the chalkboard are the obvious gunboard commandos who hear from another 15 year old on another gun board that ______(Savages or Remington, Oly Arms, etc) are junk and his shoots 1/2" groups at 3 miles "all day long"

WT
June 7, 2006, 02:09 PM
As noted above,

Anything to do with bears.

Anything to do with "who carries a 1911 cocked and locked?"

"What is the best whatever .... or where can I buy the cheapest?"

EddieCoyle
June 7, 2006, 05:10 PM
Here are my least favorite types of threads:

SHTF or "Bug Out Bag" threads, as in "Should I Have a Defibrillator in my B.O.B.?"

"I Have $200 to Spend, Which Handgun Should I Buy"

Here are my least favorite types of posts:

the ones that dont use caps or punctuation or paragraphs these are annoying because their way two hard too read to and even worse then that are when people also misuse their there they're or to too two and mix up then and than like i just did in this screed

I also take a bit of offense when people say things like, "That's what you get for living in Massachusetts" -or New Jersey, or California, etc.

lee n. field
June 7, 2006, 05:48 PM
Most played out threads?

Ruger (Old Bill, or his products) sucks/rulez!

Mal H
June 7, 2006, 06:40 PM
" Most played out threads?"

This one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Most played out threads?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!